Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Titally Off Topic, Anybody been to the Philipines ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Looks like I am off there soon and I wouldn't mind a Westerner's opinion of the place.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BarrelofFun said:
titally!? :lol:

Are you picking up the new wife, BHAE?

Well thanks to the current Mrs BHA dragging her arse over our divorce the next one won't be my wife at that point. I just think I'd like to see it rather than Abu Dhabi again, there's not much to see there.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Topically off titic?

Never ventured that far east, I understand from my mate who was there recently that is very americanised and extremly good fun. (ladees)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Fragmented Badger said:
Probably cheaper to fly there than pay the P+P I suppose!

The fare I've been given is actually about £420 so I guess you're right there. Its a bloody long flight though !

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Are you allowed to bring wives back again through airport security ?

Or do they still have to stowed away with the luggage ?

I thought that was a step too far.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Depends where you're going. If it's Manilla tits will most certainly be on the menu. As will cheap San Miguel, fried stuff, rats and cockroaches. The women will still be eyeing you as you walk to the gate at Manilla airport to board your flight home.

Borakai (sp?) beautiful beach resort, well worth checking out if you have time. Can't remember the hotel we stayed at though, it was years ago.

Mindanoa and, in fact, all the South is on the FCO avoid at all costs list for good reason.

Finally are you aware it's typhoon season currently? I'd say a look at http://www.maybagyo.com/ is well worth it before you leave since Typhoons can affect flights and boat trips throughout East Asia at this time of year.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Fragmented Badger said:
How long is, just out of interest?

About 12 and a half - 13 and a half hours depending on time of year and if you're travelling with or against the wind.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Fragmented Badger said:
How long is, just out of interest?

About 23 hours, the flight is with Air Kuwait and there's a stopover there to refuel. Most of the Arabic Airlines fly to Manila as so many Filipinos in Arab states. The Emirates fare is pretty reasonable too and that does tempt me as Emirates are supposed to be pretty good.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Fragmented Badger said:
Christ that's a beast of a flight. I just couldn't do more than 3 or 4. Let's hope she's worth it!

Depends. I used to Taipei to Heathrow via Hong Kong which is 1 and half hours then 13. However I did it in Virgin Upper Class - a massage, unlimited booze, Little Britain on the telly and a flat bed. I didn't want to get OFF the plane :cool:

However in econonmy it's obviously a nightmare.

And I know someone who used to post on here that had to do Manilla to Heathrow with food poisoning :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here