finished 6th

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
6th, nowhere near beaten 10 lengths

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I don't blame North Stand Nutter at all, in fact I don't blame the horse, jockey, trainer, owner whip or even silks...

I blame Uncle Spielberg for opening this thread.

:angry: :angry:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
:thumbsup:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Beaten 3 1/2 lengths. Sorry all, the expected rain missed Chepstow so it was a bit on the firm side for her.

Incidentely the horse that won the race, Danjet, had not run for nearly a year and had previous form of 000000- and won at odds of 7/1, when its expected odds were 25/1. This suggests that the horse had been laid out for the race, locally owned and trained too.

We missed out on the place money by a 1/2 length!!!

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Beaten 3 1/2 lengths. Sorry all, the expected rain missed Chepstow so it was a bit on the firm side for her.

If the ground was unsuitable at the time of your post surely you should have informed everyone it wanted softer ground before bets were placed?

You were waiting for the ground to soften through a CHANCE of rain!! :shrug:

Didn't bet btw, so not sour grapes, just give all the info as peoples hard earned involved. :glare:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If the ground was unsuitable at the time of your post surely you should have informed everyone it wanted softer ground before bets were placed?

You were waiting for the ground to soften through a CHANCE of rain!! :shrug:

Didn't bet btw, so not sour grapes, just give all the info as peoples hard earned involved. :glare:

Reporting what Vince Slattery told me after the race, that the track was riding fast and that some rain would have helped as she was having to go flat out from the start. The trainer had said the conditions were ok for a bet and the horse was trying (the owner was on), the way the race was run didn't do her any favours.

The tip was given in good faith, it didn't work out...I'm sorry. I'll not bother again.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Incidentely the horse that won the race, Danjet, had not run for nearly a year and had previous form of 000000- and won at odds of 7/1, when its expected odds were 25/1. This suggests that the horse had been laid out for the race, locally owned and trained too.

We missed out on the place money by a 1/2 length!!!

Thats one way of looking at coming 6th. The trainer sold you a complete dud there. Surely he should have said " if it rains " it will do well :rolleyes:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
What does everyone expect at 33-1, a guaranteed 5 length winner? I thought we got a pretty good run for our money as it was up there at the finish - and I hope nobody was dumb enough to have their life savings on it. If we get 5 tips at similar odds and 2 get placed then we'll be well in overall.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Thats one way of looking at coming 6th. The trainer sold you a complete dud there. Surely he should have said " if it rains " it will do well :rolleyes:

Maybe I should use your 'stick a pin in the racing page and tip it' approach US?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Royal Ascot tips made £ 170 profit.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
To be fair I have posted a lot of duds but put your hands up mate, this one was a dud, we did not get a good run for our money as it was never in the race and the only time I heard it mentioned was when it walked past the post in 6th about 10 lengths behind.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
we did not get a good run for our money as it was never in the race and the only time I heard it mentioned was when it walked past the post in 6th about 10 lengths behind.
What are you bleating on about? Did you actually watch the race?... It was 6th in a 17 runner handicap, under 4th lengths away from the winner and a length and a half away from a place... You really do make it up as you go along don't you?...

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

What are you bleating on about? Did you actually watch the race?... It was 6th in a 17 runner handicap, under 4th lengths away from the winner and a length and a half away from a place... You really do make it up as you go along don't you?...

Of course he didn't watch it. He's just enjoying being able to whinge at someone else for a tip that didn't win.

I'm happy enough with NSN's explanation about why it didn't do as well as expected, although it would have been nice to know it was after rain beforehand. At least his tip was based on speaking directly to someone who should be halfway in the know, rather than just finger in the wind. At the end of the day no one can guarantee a winner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here