Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tinnitus

Anyone on here suffer from this?

i've had it for 7 years but in the last few days it's got really bad, or should i say worse than normal, and i'm rather hoping it's because of the heat.

Anyone else's got worse recently?

Harley S

Aug 31, 2008
Sorry, can't hear you - speak up !!

(Couldn't resist - I also have it so you have my sympathies ) :D

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Forunately I don't suffer with it but I saw someone on the Official Storm Thread saying the electricity in the air due to the storms was really making it play up for them so it could well be the weather.

Edit. Just realised that may well have been you, sorry!!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Yeah, had it for about 3 years. Mine has deffo got worse since the weekend but I had put that down to being at Glasto. Can anything else affect it? Fingers crossed I haven't made it worse again through loud music and it's some sort of atmospherics or the heat.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I've had what the doctor diagnoses as a "eustachian tube dysfunction" for about four months now and it is definately worse in hot/sticky weather - bit of a problem as I've spent a good bit of that time in Hong Kong and Turkey then come home to a warm spell :)

Forunately I don't suffer with it but I saw someone on the Official Storm Thread saying the electricity in the air due to the storms was really making it play up for them so it could well be the weather.

That was me, it normally just dies back down to a bearable level again but the bastard seems to have set in this time.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Dizzy

I think there might be a bug going around. I have never had tinnitus before, but I am getting a few off-balance feelings intermittently. It is really confusing.

Yeah, had it for about 3 years. Mine has deffo got worse since the weekend but I had put that down to being at Glasto. Can anything else affect it? Fingers crossed I haven't made it worse again through loud music and it's some sort of atmospherics or the heat.

Many things can bring it on mate, spicy food, curry and chinese are worst, alchohol especially red wine or port. Dehydration is the worst though, but that normally goes hand in hand with a hangover and excessive salt.

So most of the good things in life really.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I've had tinnitus for years with bells clanging and clocks ticking all the time. I'm very sensitive to night-time noise because of it, and have trouble sleeping. But a couple of months ago, it took a different turn and I now have a constant, loud whizzing in my head at all times. Driving me nuts. It's only drowned out by the TV or music. I also occasionally get labyrinthitis. Had a very bad attack more than a decade ago, where I had to stay in bed for a week because I had no sense of balance. Now, I just get it occasionally, for a few minutes at a time. I think I need an ear transplant.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Had tinnitus for 12 years now in both ears,usually if there is some sort of low sound I don't notice it,it has got worse in the warm weather and really is annoying during complete silence and completely unbearable when a high pitched scream (kids in supermarkets) erupts.There is supposed to be a new cure for it...if you find it please let me know. (Cue smart remarks like a .45 bullet)

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I've had tinnitus for years with bells clanging and clocks ticking all the time. I'm very sensitive to night-time noise because of it, and have trouble sleeping. But a couple of months ago, it took a different turn and I now have a constant, loud whizzing in my head at all times. Driving me nuts. It's only drowned out by the TV or music. I also occasionally get labyrinthitis. Had a very bad attack more than a decade ago, where I had to stay in bed for a week because I had no sense of balance. Now, I just get it occasionally, for a few minutes at a time. I think I need an ear transplant.[/QUOTE

Might be your ear rings gal!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think there might be a bug going around. I have never had tinnitus before, but I am getting a few off-balance feelings intermittently. It is really confusing.

male menopause ?

Had tinnitus for 12 years now in both ears,usually if there is some sort of low sound I don't notice it,it has got worse in the warm weather and really is annoying during complete silence and completely unbearable when a high pitched scream (kids in supermarkets) erupts.There is supposed to be a new cure for it...if you find it please let me know. (Cue smart remarks like a .45 bullet)

If you ever hear of the cure let me know please.

I know what you mean about high pitch noises, plates banging together during washing up is one of the worst.

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
For the last 6 years i've suffered with a high pitched, irritating noise in both ears. For some bizzare reason though, when i leave the house each day for work it disappears, and only returns when i get home?? punish:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
For the last 6 years i've suffered with a high pitched, irritating noise in both ears. For some bizzare reason though, when i leave the house each day for work it disappears, and only returns when i get home?? punish:
After a while you get used to the missus :laugh:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I have it at all sorts of levels
it started when I started taking statins
you do get used to it after a while

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I've had it for 3 years now and get a sharp tone in one ear,first i thought my ears needed washing out but no wax came out.Used to be really bad with migranes etc etc,but after doing my own research i found that BREATHING properly has really improved things.In my case its about having fun and breathing properly although not sure if it will ever go away.

Good luck and i hope it gets better:D

I've had it for 3 years now and get a sharp tone in one ear,first i thought my ears needed washing out but no wax came out.Used to be really bad with migranes etc etc,but after doing my own research i found that BREATHING properly has really improved things.In my case its about having fun and breathing properly although not sure if it will ever go away.

Good luck and i hope it gets better:D

It probably won't go away you just learn to deal with it and almost forget its there.

Mine has just changed volume and pitch after 7 years, both higher, and it's pissing me off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here