Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tinkerman Gus

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I would rather let teams worry about us, and go for it, and turn some of these 1 points into 3.

There's an opinion I endorse. Gus worries too much about our opponents. We know what to do to win games. Just let the team go out there and do it.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
There's an opinion I endorse. Gus worries too much about our opponents. We know what to do to win games. Just let the team go out there and do it.

Bradford City knew to play for corners because Aston Villa couldn't defend them. Parkinson said it last night.

Football is not a sport where you set a time, or a distance, and let others beat it. You are directly against your opponent.

Therefore, despite the horrible cliche of "go out and play your own game", you HAVE to take the opposition into account.

HAVE TO.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Bradford City knew to play for corners because Aston Villa couldn't defend them. Parkinson said it last night.

Football is not a sport where you set a time, or a distance, and let others beat it. You are directly against your opponent.

Therefore, despite the horrible cliche of "go out and play your own game", you HAVE to take the opposition into account.

HAVE TO.

But Gus seems to take the opposition into account to our detriment on occasions. Last night being a good example.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
But Gus seems to take the opposition into account to our detriment on occasions. Last night being a good example.

I would say he easily outweighs it with the times he gets it right though. 7th place in the table would suggest that.

The guy clearly knows what he's doing. He's taken us from bottom of league one to playoff contention. I think people lose sight that a draw, at Blackburn, is a bloody good result.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I would say he easily outweighs it with the times he gets it right though. 7th place in the table would suggest that.

The guy clearly knows what he's doing. He's taken us from bottom of league one to playoff contention. I think people lose sight that a draw, at Blackburn, is a bloody good result.

Exactamundo.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Any away point is a decent point in reality in this division

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I don't think it's as much tinkering as it is dealing with injury and necessary squad rotation. The team philosophy and general formation don't seem to change that much.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

It's not that a point at Blackburn does not look good on paper because it does , it's when u look at the facts of the draw that matters not playing any of your possible five best players , don't think You would c any of the top six teams doing that then saying he got it wrong. The higher up the leagues u go then these mistakes get bigger and the punisent gets worse .roll on Saturday maybe he should drop th all to teach them a lesson.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why does Gus always play Barnes no matter what?! He's so STUBBORN. Needs to mix up the side a bit more.

That is the problem he does it too much and too often as he heeds a settled side of our best players, who ever he considers them to be and play them each week and let the other teams worry about how they are going to beat us. Stop trying to pick a team to win a a specific game from mediocre players, that should be a tactic reserved for clubs with the top players

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Players don't perform and the manager takes the flack by announcing it was his fault.

Not the first time it's been done and it won't fool me. Gus will be giving them a kick up the Arsenal.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Why that comment my suggestion was to pick a team to win every game rather a specific game but perhaps I didn't make that clear. Our best 11 to start irrespective of opposition.

Our best 11 will change depending on who we are playing. Perhaps we are playing a faster team? Or a team that's more physical? Are you telling me we shouldn't be adapting? That's madness at this level.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont think we need to change to adapt as I think that we have the strength in our usual first choice, if there is such a thing, to cope with all eventualities. We have skill, strength and speed all over the pitch, the only aspect that leaves a little to be desired is our winning the ball in the air. In our penalty box it is poor and hopefully Ulloa will improve it in the opponents..

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Tinkerman is such a lazy term. If you have a big squad (which we now have) you should use all the squad if possible. The trick is to keep them all hungry and in form.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yeah, if you average it over 46 games, not 4...We are averaging 1.5pts a game atm. Which will give us 69 pts which would not be enough for top 6.

We also had injuries earlier in the season, whereas there's only one at the moment. We also have a new player who will, hopefully, be a piece of the final jigsaw.
The form is good now, so let's hope it continues. There are still lots of points to play for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here