Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Timewasters at the FA. AGAIN.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So… I’m taking that as nobody knows what he actually said? :lolol:

Classic NSC, an argument about whether a punishment was harsh when nobody knows what the crime actually was. Brilliant.

There has not even been a punishment yet, he has till the 20th of this month to respond to the charges, after that he may or may not have the charges upheld, and if they are he will probably get a warning if he makes a decent apology.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Some members of the Wokery have pissed their pants

Nothing to see here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Some members of the Wokery have pissed their pants

Nothing to see here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a very odd take.

I see it as quite the reverse, the gammon's have got all pissy about what MIGHT happen (textbook).

While the wokery, as an aside why is it that people trying to be more compassionate and mindful of others seen as something derogatory :shrug: are saying 'well something needs to be done, let's see what that is'.

Part of me thinks I'll end this by thinking The FA are a joke this is ridiculous and get all gammony-highhorse.
But you never know they might surprise me this time and treat this for what it is, the ramblings of a silly boy who's now grown up (a bit)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Just so we’re on the same page are homophobic views acceptable up until the age of 14?
:moo: homophobic views...?? surely anyone is entitled to their views and those views can be discussed amongst the peer group , this is the only way that people will change their "misguided" preconceptions, vilifying certain groups on the societal stain that is "social media" is the act of someone lacking basic levels of intelligence deemed adequate to become a useful member of contemporary society.....your question is worthy of being labelled as coming from the "thought police".......surely you don't expect to be able to police people's "views".

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's a very odd take.

I see it as quite the reverse, the gammon's have got all pissy about what MIGHT happen (textbook).

While the wokery, as an aside why is it that people trying to be more compassionate and mindful of others seen as something derogatory :shrug: are saying 'well something needs to be done, let's see what that is'.

Part of me thinks I'll end this by thinking The FA are a joke this is ridiculous and get all gammony-highhorse.
But you never know they might surprise me this time and treat this for what it is, the ramblings of a silly boy who's now grown up (a bit)

Quite.

This is my reaction to the whole thing:

???

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Good ole NSC. There are some excellent comments on here and some that are so far removed from the real world it's bordering on dumb!!

I. Someone has brought this to the attention of the FA so they are duty bound to do something. Bola may well admit what he said but point out that his views have changed considerably since he has grown into an adult. If so, the FA could accept his explanation.

2. Some banging on about not posting stuff to the whole world when they were 14. I'm guessing the vast majority of us on this site where 14 long before there was any means to post something worldwide from the safety of their own bedroom!

3. Perhaps we should ask who reported this and what was their motive?

4. At 14 he would have been easily influenced by either his family or his peer group. Things may well be very different for him now, I certainly hope so.

Still, there will those on here that will persecute him irrespective of all the above. Wonder what their motive is?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
:moo: homophobic views...?? surely anyone is entitled to their views and those views can be discussed amongst the peer group , this is the only way that people will change their "misguided" preconceptions, vilifying certain groups on the societal stain that is "social media" is the act of someone lacking basic levels of intelligence deemed adequate to become a useful member of contemporary society.....your question is worthy of being labelled as coming from the "thought police".......surely you don't expect to be able to police people's "views".

NSC Moderators job would be a lot easier if you could post whatever view you like. Maybe tell them not to police peoples views?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
NSC Moderators job would be a lot easier if you could post whatever view you like. Maybe tell them not to police peoples views?

not wishing to turn it into a bitchfest but a 14 year old boy is still maturing so him being allowed to air his "views" amongst his peers gives him a better chance of receiving some better advice on the subject ....let's keep it in perspective , if you are a 45 year old expressing homophobic views on twitter or NSC for that matter then normal rules apply , what does the FA gain by dragging this guy into the limelight over something he wrote on sm 12 years ago .....ffs....??

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
not wishing to turn it into a bitchfest but a 14 year old boy is still maturing so him being allowed to air his "views" amongst his peers gives him a better chance of receiving some better advice on the subject ....let's keep it in perspective , if you are a 45 year old expressing homophobic views on twitter or NSC for that matter then normal rules apply , what does the FA gain by dragging this guy into the limelight over something he wrote on sm 12 years ago .....ffs....??

Has the FA dragged it into the limelight or some low life ‘journalist’ trying to make a name for himself.

With deference to proper journalists who post on NSC.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just a quiet word that it’s been brought to attention would have surely done. A little pencil mark on his card for the future as an adult. Completely silly and OTT for me.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

It was still a publicly visible post on social media in 2021 though, or are you are saying that if he had posted it last week as a 14 year old Arsenal Scholar, he should not be facing a charge from the FA either?
16 year olds are still maturing too, but several have played in the Premier League, we can't say that they should not be subject to the same rules as older players.

I doubt the FA have anyone trawling the Twitter accounts of players, but clearly someone has and reported it to the FA.
They have to put the charge to him once they are aware, and give him time to respond, as regards putting it into the limelight, that is up to the press, as far as I am aware there was no special press release from the FA, it was probably just published along with all the other disciplinary matters for the month, and picked up as a story. A Posh player is facing a very similar, aged charge, but he was 18 at the time.

The FA hopefully gains greater compliance with it's rules, particularly the aggravated abuse of officials, the reason for rules is to have everyone behaving properly and fairly, and sanctions are there as a consequence to face if there is a breach of rules, it is almost entirely what the FA is about, saying what is and isn't allowed within Association Football and it's participants conduct.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here