Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time Travel....

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
This thread makes my head hurt.

Any chance someone could send me back in time to a point before I read it?

???

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Alex Frutos said:

???

Ah, but wouldn't it make more sense to leap forward to the point where you understand it?

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Alex Frutos said:

???

But then you would re-read it and spend your life in a constant loop.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
bhafc99 said:
Ah, but wouldn't it make more sense to leap forward to the point where you understand it?

Only if that point exists?

Frutos, watch the Back To The Future trilogy.
Even if it confuses the hell out of you, it's damn good :thumbsup:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
bhafc99 said:

Possibly, but I fear I may not live that long.

:down:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Withdean Wanderer said:
Only if that point exists?

Frutos, watch the Back To The Future trilogy.
Even if it confuses the hell out of you, it's damn good :thumbsup:

Lots of things confuse me mate, it's not too difficult.

I'm adamant that the medication I have to take every morning and every night has some affect, because I'm sure I used to have a good memory, and capacity for understanding this kind of thing, before I started taking it, but it seems to be going downhill worryingly quickly just lately.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Alex Frutos said:
Lots of things confuse me mate, it's not too difficult.

I'm adamant that the medication I have to take every morning and every night has some affect, because I'm sure I used to have a good memory, and capacity for understanding this kind of thing, before I started taking it, but it seems to be going downhill worryingly quickly just lately.

The medication I have most evenings seems to be affecting my memory to. Still while the sexy young lady in the full moon keeps handing pints of it to me for £1.95 I can't really complain.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Les Biehn said:
The medication I have most evenings seems to be affecting my memory to. Still while the sexy young lady in the full moon keeps handing pints of it to me for £1.95 I can't really complain.

LOL, at least you could (theoretically at least) stop taking yours if you wanted to, whereas I can't without potentially-fatal consequences :)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Alex Frutos said:
LOL, at least you could (theoretically at least) stop taking yours if you wanted to, whereas I can't without potentially-fatal consequences :)

I fear that if I do stop it may prove to be potentially fatal. My body won't know what to do and my mind will be filled with rational thoughts. Not good.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Les Biehn said:
I fear that if I do stop it may prove to be potentially fatal. My body won't know what to do and my mind will be filled with rational thoughts. Not good.

Fair point.

The thought of you being rational all over the place is not a particularly pleasant one really.

:)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Alex Frutos said:
Fair point.

The thought of you being rational all over the place is not a particularly pleasant one really.

:)

Certainly not. Imagine a world where I don't get drunk and end up pissing someone off.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Lord Bracknell said:
The Isle of Wight ferry is the best route to the 1970s.

According to my mate The Kiwi Chef time travel is also achieved by flying Air New Zealand as at least one stewardess has stated, upon landing at Auckland airport 'welcome to New Zealand, please set your watches back 20 years'.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
An interesting take on time travel in fiction is Martin Amis's book ' Time's Arrow.'

The basic premise is that you are viewing a Nazi war criminal's life through his eyes (very much like in being John Malkovich) but his life is being played backwards.

So you think that he starts off being cruel - people in the American hospital where he works arrive well and leave poorly but he gets better when he gets younger because Jews/Gipsies/Homosexuals etc go from Gas chambers to being shipped off in trains around Europe.

A very clever take on time travel and the holocaust.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
In answer to the question:

I would go back to the 66 world cup. I'd do my damndest to be one of the 'some people are on the pitch...' people. Only, I'd be waving a banner that said 'quick, build a ground on falmer while no-one's looking!'

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
sten_super said:
But according to that clever bloke Einstein, as soon as you travel at the speed of light you get converted to pure energy anyway, and cease to exist... :down:

I'm pure energy already baby

Austin%20Powers%20shagadelic.jpg

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Garry Nelson's Left Foot said:
In answer to the question:

I would go back to the 66 world cup. I'd do my damndest to be one of the 'some people are on the pitch...' people. Only, I'd be waving a banner that said 'quick, build a ground on falmer while no-one's looking!'

But if we'd had Falmer years ago, would be in the position we're in now? Would we have had the recent success (and failures) that we've had at Withdean? Would we have gone bust long ago, and no longer exist?

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
one confusing thing is - If someone went back in time to kill JFK, then the time line changes and to all purposes what JFK was killed for didn't happen so no need for anyone to go back. This would then mean the JFK wasn't killed and the loop starts again. The only way to get out is if time travel opens a parrallel(sp) dimension where the first instant exists in it's own time line but the second line where the change is made start a fresh

or something like that!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Seagullible said:
one confusing thing is - If someone went back in time to kill JFK, then the time line changes and to all purposes what JFK was killed for didn't happen so no need for anyone to go back. This would then mean the JFK wasn't killed and the loop starts again. The only way to get out is if time travel opens a parrallel(sp) dimension where the first instant exists in it's own time line but the second line where the change is made start a fresh

or something like that!

f*** me, I am lost now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here