Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

time to rename murray mound, henman hill ??

D

Deleted member 18477

I sat on on the grassy bank two years ago.

Apart from the stupid prices of drinks, it was great fun. Boozy picnic with friends. Chatting to interesting random strangers. Certainly an experience.

I've never been but yes I'd imagine on a nice summers day it would be quite pleasant.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I didn't realise it wasn't Henman Hill anymore...

Earlier when the tennis was on mute in the background I said to my dad (when Murray was a set up) "They should rename Henman Hill, Murray Mound or something." He just laughed...

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
How about " Tennis fans who are not 'celebrities' or millionaires but would like to support their favourite players, free view".

I don't see how sitting on a hill and watching it on TV is supporting their favorite players any more than me sitting at home on watching TV is. As said you do pay a lot of money just to get into Wimbledon and this does give you access to most of the outside courts where there's plenty of very good Tennis to be seen, I'm a tennis fan and I've been to Wimbledon several times, not once felt compelled to go and sit on the hill, would rather go and watch some Doubles on court 11, much more interesting.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I sat on on the grassy bank two years ago.

Apart from the stupid prices of drinks, it was great fun. Boozy picnic with friends. Chatting to interesting random strangers. Certainly an experience.

You didn't feel compelled to go and watch some of that live tennis you bought a ticket for?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Heather Hill

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
James Hunts crest. This will cover all English/British tennis players for years to come.
My work here is done

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Bottle Bank

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Losers Leap
Although I like Notters' "Pillocks Hillock"
How about "Tourette's Tor": then you could quite legitimately scream abuse at every one cos "it's in the name innit" ?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here