Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

time to rename murray mound, henman hill ??

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
' look at all those stupid rich fuckers queneing for hours spending a fortune on a ticket only to sit on a grass bank sipping pimms at £10 a glass watching a TV screen 550 yards away HILL '

bit of a mouth full but thats what it should be renamed.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
what about........

I am a sad f*cker who goes all the way to london to sit on a mound of grass in the rain..... hill.

It has a ring to it don't you think?

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
' look at all those stupid rich fuckers queneing for hours spending a fortune on a ticket only to sit on a grass bank sipping pimms at £10 a glass watching a TV screen 550 yards away HILL '

bit of a mouth full but thats what it should be renamed.

Not true. Most of the people on the hill will be people with just a ground pass which does not give access to the show courts. Many of these will have queued for ages just for this.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Indeed.

Reasonable prices for some top tennis with the off chance of sneaking in to a show court.

Granted, the drinks prices are ridiculous, but where are they reasonable?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1341858296901.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1341858296901.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 26

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Not true. Most of the people on the hill will be people with just a ground pass which does not give access to the show courts. Many of these will have queued for ages just for this.

So they pay £20 can't go to any show courts, pay rip off prices for drinks, all to watch the game on a screen 550 yards away!...OK I'll remove the word rich but stick with the rest.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Please , this has to be NSC Gold. I haven't laughed so much since the Two Ronnies Christmas
Show in '78.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

If you're only interested in watching the top players stay at home and watch it on TV, save yourself the travel, ticket and food costs... If you have a ground pass there is an abundance of Tennis to go and watch, it really does just boggle my mind that people will queue to watch it on TV.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If you're only interested in watching the top players stay at home and watch it on TV, save yourself the travel, ticket and food costs... If you have a ground pass there is an abundance of Tennis to go and watch, it really does just boggle my mind that people will queue to watch it on TV.

It's like going to the pub to watch an England game and get charged for it. Or paying entry to a pub on new years eve. Maybe.

I'd rather watch a top player on a massive screen with a collection of friends that might not fit in to a living room, even if it comes at a price.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I can understand people wanting to be there at Wimbledon on Pillock's Hillock. It's the same thing as some us going to the Sports
Bar in Piccadilly for some Albion games and getting ripped off for drinks there. It's the "belonging" thing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Surely it's about the atmosphere and it's quite a famous place now and something to say you've done. Agree re the outside courts though. I'd prob watch most o the day there and then go watch some of Murray on the big screen if he was 3rd match on if timings worked out well...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here