Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to let Duffy go?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I’m really happy for Duffers. Quality defender and deserves his goal and plaudits. I just think that Webster is a cut above Duffy. Passing, tackling, forward runs and nouse from Webster are just a level above Duffy this the moment. I hope he’s back for next Sunday.. I think we can get all 3 points at old Trafford.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Need another striker such as Trossard in place of Duffy.

Shane was excellent, open and honest in his post match interview.

He talked about Virgil van Dunk being coached to a whole new level by Potter and how he's finding it difficult to adjust.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I’m really happy for Duffers. Quality defender and deserves his goal and plaudits. I just think that Webster is a cut above Duffy. Passing, tackling, forward runs and nouse from Webster are just a level above Duffy this the moment. I hope he’s back for next Sunday.. I think we can get all 3 points at old Trafford.

Duffy is far superior at defending, heading, blocking, goal threat and reading of the game than Webster.

This only applies if he is played in the middle of defense.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Passing, tackling, forward runs and nouse from Webster are just a level above Duffy

Forward runs, yes. For pure defending, I think there’s currently no comparison as Duffy showed yesterday when he came on. He totally bosses the player he’s up against.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I prefer Duffy and his no nonsense defending plus the extra aerial threat at attacking corners and do wonder why we bought Webster when we had 2 good CBs, as good a pair as any in the Premier, plus we bought Matt Clarke from Pompey and loaned out Ben White, both with great potential. Can only guess they expect a bid for Dunk.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Duffy is far superior at defending, heading, blocking, goal threat and reading of the game than Webster.

This only applies if he is played in the middle of defense.

You've come home! We've been worried sick, phoning round the hospitals and all that

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I prefer Duffy and his no nonsense defending plus the extra aerial threat at attacking corners and do wonder why we bought Webster when we had 2 good CBs, as good a pair as any in the Premier, plus we bought Matt Clarke from Pompey and loaned out Ben White, both with great potential. Can only guess they expect a bid for Dunk.

Or quite simply a contingency plan for all eventualities. Rocket science it ain't :moo:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What contingency plans as we already had 3 CBs who had played at international level plus 1 we bought with potential and also Ben White with potential so how many do we need?

We certainly are blessed in that CB position. I prefer Duffy to Webster too.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What contingency plans as we already had 3 CBs who had played at international level plus 1 we bought with potential and also Ben White with potential so how many do we need?

The contingency plan is to continuously improve both the squad and more importantly the team. Hence we bought Webster (and Maupay and Trossard) - good business in the summer.
Webster was a huge improvement on Leon one-catastrophic-mistake-per-game Balogun, and - at least in the style that Potter wants to play - Duffy.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Pleased. Duffy is going to get a run of games. Such a threat at set pieces. He's not bad passing either but often chooses the wrong option.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Or, with three at the back in some PL games, we need more than 4 decent CB’s in our squad to cover for injuries?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here