Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time now for the McGhee out brigade to hold their hands up

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Poor old McGhee, he was on Soccer Special last night doing the Celtic/Milan game, he even cocked up his words on numerous occassions, he looked a broken man, I think Sky Sports will let him go.

Last edited:

Artful Ninga said:
Mcghee has gone, right or wrong, it would be nice to see some of the total morons who post complete dross on here get behind the man whom the board have appointed to manage the team. I find it un-believable how much people on here just love to live in the past, how can anyone in their right mind tell me for certain that the club would be in a better postion if Mr Mcghee was still in charge, you can't!!! If you can then put some money on the Euro millions and win some cash and invest it in the club and bring back Mcghee.

Right now everyone move on, try and provide some constructive comments to Wendy.

Thank You

'Maybe' Mcghee could have had The Albion in this position in the league!
Yep, he might well have seen us at mid-table, grinding out occasional wins (1-0 of course, since we could barely score) or draws here and there.
HOWEVER... would the matches have been the dullest and industrial clogging-fests to witness? Add to the fact that, any game where the points wouldn't have made much odds to our position - we would very probably have seen total capitulation and arms-folded, while fans coughed up loads to travel and get it.
All this would have been under the reminder that we must wait for Falmer, that we have no money, that we might be better-off in the lower division, that we must be patient, that we can't attract players, that injuries and player protests aren't helping, and ETCETERA.

Now I look at a club, and a team, with a brighter future - a positive pride restored and optomism swelling. Whatever results we might see before the end of this season, I don't think "what if we got Mickey back in", or that I'll have to wait for Falmer before I can feel genuinely interested in The Albion.

I DO worry however, that I might have difficulty getting tickets soon, that there might be new youngster supporters competing for tickets in the near future.

The price of a ticket looks like it can offer value for money again. It looks like a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon, and like there's little else that might be a better way to spend the time.

And that underlines the point in having a professional football club to a city - otherwise, anyone can wander down a local park and watch a couple of pub teams going at it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well done Dean keep it up.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wilkins, for a novice manager, is doing a good job. The problem with his appointment was that it wasn't done SOONER, i.e. over the summer.

His loan signings have produced instant results, he's got rid of troblesome players and the Carpenter exit was handled quietly and with dignity.

Sure, he may not be the manager in 3 or 4 years time but right now he's the perfect fit.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Time now to dust down and bring out this magnificent thread. Hopefully it will continue to bring the Albion good luck. Bristol City will be a difficult one.

I also wonder if it might flush that sardonic, Irish wordsmith out so that he leaves his Temple to McGhee's Glorious Past.

:albion:

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

Moan Moan Bloody Moan

The Beers run out!, The queues are too long! Bennetts Field is full of nasty big cars! I don't like the lyrics on the big screen! (a big f***ing screen) We got back late to Lewes/Eastbourne! No meat pies. ...................Listen to yourselves .

We are third in the Champoinship THIRD! On Sky twice in 48 hours Kenny Dalglish , Jamie Redknapp and Kevin Philips have said we are a Premier League club in all but League status.

Read the rest of this thread and realise just how VERY VERY lucky we are. We could be having a moan up about the merits of Mcghee or Wilikns in a run down athletics track at the bottom of League 1.

Some of you get a bloody grip.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Well said, but I do really really hate the words on the very big screen.

Shows hoe far we've come but no reason not to want our stadium to be the best in the country. Yes I know the moans are trivial compared to the past and I would eat my right testicle, to get Falmer even in it's worst form, but no reason not to improve it. All the things we moan about as you pointed out, could be rectified so easily. We seem to have another fan movement now where we want to be more involved than ever to make the Amex perfect. That's the reason for the moans.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here