Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time now for the McGhee out brigade to hold their hands up

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The time has no come for the McGhee out brigade to put their hands up and admit they made and contributed to one of the biggest, worst and incredible cock ups and mistakes in the history of this football club. I do not have pleasure in saying " told you so " as the future of the club is too important for petting point scoring.

Surely NO ONE can still say we are better off with Wilkins in charge than if we kept loyal to McGhee when I believe we would have got top the play offs.

We have shot ourselves in the foot and commited football suicide. Have we not leanred that appointing managers from within and the youth set up DOES NOT WORK.

We had the perfect set up with McGhee and his wealth of Div 1 experience and superb track record of promotions from this league and Wilkins learning the tools of the trade from him. It was simply too soon for Wilkins to take on the role, he does not have the experience, contacts , football nous and most importantly respect of the players to deliver the goods. He delivered the most damning indictment of his postion today by saying we worked on it all week and the players did not listen / do the things I asked them to. Well why not ?, your the manager, you pick the players, you do the team talk, you make the subs. He is obviously a soft touch and the players do not play for him, that much is obvious now.

Whats to be done, Knight was the man who decided to sack McGhee for no good reason and appoint Wilkins probably instigated from the boardroom . Well either give serious funds to buy 1/2 players who will keep the team up if you have the confidence in Wilkins to spend the money wisely, like we should have done last season or 2, sack Wilkins now and give the new man enough time to keep the team up.

Sitting on his hands and doing nothing and spending nothing is simply not an option this time around. Division 4 football which is where we are surely headed would be a disaster to the Falmer bid and another reason for a party for LDC, 2 relegations in a row beyond their wildest dreams.

The time for ACTION IS NOW AND THIS WEEK.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
What?

Absolutly not. I was McGhee out and I stand by what I said. "contributed to one of the biggest, worst and incredible cock ups and mistakes in the history of this football club."

Besides, your presuming that those who wanted McGhee out also wanted Wilkins in, which is not neccissarily true.

Last edited:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
he lost the dressing room as well as the fans, the players didnt like training for him, and they couldnt understand his tactics

it was time he left, and is definatley not the biggest cock up in the clubs history

that award goes to a town planner called Miss Brian who on giving planning permission on the sale and knock down of the goldstone, did not include the relocation of a new stadium

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Oh for God's sake. Why are we still picking over the bones of McGhee leaving. It is over, he ain't coming back and all this hand-wringing won't make the slightest difference to helping us out of our current situation.

I know you feel passionately about it US but this is a pointless debate. Let's get behind Wendy, please.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Us
I blame Dick Knight for the mess.I still think Mcghee had to go but he should of gone in the summer.And Wilkins was the wrong choice,Knight has not learnt from Wood,Hinsh,etc.I would rather have Mcghee in charge than Wilkins but yet again Tight went for the cheap option :shootself

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As far as I can see Wilkins has lost the dressing room far more than McGhee had,anyway McGhee's gone but Knight has to either back his man or sack his man, thats the point

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Trigger said:
Oh no, here we go again... :thud:

I DO NOT WANT DIVISION 4 FOOTBALL

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
One bit I do agree with though in US's post is that Knight needs to pull his finger out of his arse and do something about the mess he is currently overseeing.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I wanted McGhee out and I wanted Wilkins to take over, My views havent changed.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Uncle Spielberg said:
As far as I can see Wilkins has lost the dressing room far more than McGhee had,anyway McGhee's gone but Knight has to either back his man or sack his man, thats the point

You see as much as we do. None of us knows the current situation in the dressing room nor what really happened under McGhee so this is just unhelpful speculation.

I backed McGhee all the while he was manager, I will back Wilkins all the while he is manager. Knight backs Wilkins.

Why is it that a club whose fans managed to rescue it from an almost certain death in the nineties is now in the process of killing it off now?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
McGhee was a beaten man by the start of September. He'd totally lost it after the defeat at Bristol City. DK was simply putting him out of his (and our) misery.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Uncle Spielberg said:
I DO NOT WANT DIVISION 4 FOOTBALL

I thought you were not renewing or bothering to go so what does it matter to you ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I didn't want him out and I hope DK and his board give Wilkins the backing they failed miserably to give McGhee whilst stripping his team of all it's best players. Wilkins is lucky that there is no-one left to sell off who would fetch a decent amount apart from Henderson who was sold off. The downside for Wilkins is what he is left to work with.

McGhee's position was untenable given the fans abuse but the way DK sacked him lost me much of my admiration for him (DK). Without a swift upturn in form Wilkins is going to get the same treatment from the fans and assumably from DK as well.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here