Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time for Sanchez

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think we all know how this is going to play out don't we? England will play Spain in the final, their keeper will get injured and Bobby will come on and end up winning the match by saving a penalty in the penalty shootout.

……and we’ll get a ridiculous bid from a big club, and start the season with Steele in goal :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh CHRIST, can you imagine that. 10-9 in the penalty shootout and Brighton's Ben White has his shot saved by Brighton's Bobby Sanchez.

If that's the case may I be the first too:-

"Boooooooooo Bob".

Although you can tell what it means to the lad

person_94926.jpg

"Look at his face, just look at his face".

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Oh CHRIST, can you imagine that. 10-9 in the penalty shootout and Brighton's Ben White has his shot saved by Brighton's Bobby Sanchez.

:eek::eek::eek:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
……and we’ll get a ridiculous bid from a big club, and start the season with Steele in goal :cry::cry::cry::cry:

We have nurtured Big Bob since he was 15 years old at the academy, he is not going anywhere soon.
Remember goalkeepers as a rule, generally are loyal and do not jump ship at the first drop of a hat.

He is ours and ain't going anywhere.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We have nurtured Big Bob since he was 15 years old at the academy, he is not going anywhere soon.
Remember goalkeepers as a rule, generally are loyal and do not jump ship at the first drop of a hat.

He is ours and ain't going anywhere.
:facepalm:

Bye Bob.

:down:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Talkshites Spanish football "expert" was saying how we know Simon will always be the keeper as De Gea is now injured and Sanchez does not have the character to organize the defence.
So we can presume the only research be did on Sanchez was looking what age he was.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Morning Mr Negative, how's life on plant doom.

Now come on, that wasn't even subtle.

He was very clearly saying that your confidence Bob would stay was the death knell and/or the kiss or death.

Goalkeepers are like every other footballer. They're as loyal as their options. Exactly like people in general day to day life.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Talkshites Spanish football "expert" was saying how we know Simon will always be the keeper as De Gea is now injured and Sanchez does not have the character to organize the defence.
So we can presume the only research be did on Sanchez was looking what age he was.

...which is only about 5 months younger than Unai Simon.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Now come on, that wasn't even subtle.

He was very clearly saying that your confidence Bob would stay was the death knell and/or the kiss or death.

Goalkeepers are like every other footballer. They're as loyal as their options. Exactly like people in general day to day life.

As if I did not know any of that :)

But thanks for making everyone aware, you think you know more than I know, what I know is not worth knowing, let alone pointing out to all and sundry.

Thanks for that buddy !! :down:

:)

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
...which is only about 5 months younger than Unai Simon.

Simon has been first choice for Athletic since they sold their frustrated midfielder pretending to be a goalkeeper to Chelsea for a World Record fee. Any Spanish journalist will be far more comfortable promoting Simon than Sanchez, despite big Bob sounding more Spanish.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Might not have been to do with his age. Might have just looked at the two of them, Graeme Souness-style, and decided to judge their respective 'character'...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For what it is worth, the Spain defence very visibly had NO confidence at all in Simon, after the shambolic own goal. They just refused to give him the ball at all.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
As if I did not know any of that :)

But thanks for making everyone aware, you think you know more than I know, what I know is not worth knowing, let alone pointing out to all and sundry.

Thanks for that buddy !! :down:

:)

Always happy to help decode the madness that comes from [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]!

For what it's worth though, I'm inclined to agree with you. I don't see Sanchez going anywhere this summer. Maybe next summer after a full season as our number 1 but he doesn't seem like the sort of bloke to buy into any hype about him or get ahead of himself in terms of developing his career. He might be knocking on Uncle Tony's door for a new contract a nice pay rise (Again!) but that would serve only to strengthen our own hand when it comes to next summer's phone calls.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

Don't you actually need to know what you are talking about to be considered an expert?

Whoever Talkshite had on has clearly never seen Bob play, the fact that we had the 4th best defensive record in the PL from when he became first choice clearly shows that he knows how to organise a defence as well as being a great shot stopper and commanding his area. Only Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal conceded less.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Another one of our star players on the rapid rise - starting to wonder what European football will look like in 5 or 6 years, could we see White, Lamptey, Bissouma and Sanchez all at the highest table..... probably a few more to join them we haven't fully recognised yet....

In my wildest dreams they are all playing for us in the Champions League :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here