Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for Gay Football Players to Come Out?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think that's a matter for Joey Barton to decide, and not NSC.

I have no doubt he is currently trawling his book of quotes and the Internet for something suitable to Tweet.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
I've got nothing against them coming out, or homosexuality in general, but why do they need to come out at all? Surely the sexuality of any footballer is no one's business but their own?

Just don't see why being straight or gay matters enough to mention it :shrug:

Because some PC brigade types feel that football needs to be reconstructed in their own image? Awaiting the arrival of the Society of Gay Footballers with a membership consisting entirely of lawyers.

WE NEED TO SUPPORT THEM COMING OUT!:rolleyes:

Attachments

• gayt.gif
    gayt.gif
    15.5 KB · Views: 47

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I've got nothing against them coming out, or homosexuality in general, but why do they need to come out at all? Surely the sexuality of any footballer is no one's business but their own?

Just don't see why being straight or gay matters enough to mention it :shrug:

Totally agree, makes no odds to me.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Seems some of the PC brigade are obsessed with 'coming out'. They complain that minority groups are persecuted but do their best to turn them from the mainstream.

There's things like gay choirs but why? Surely being in a choir (or a sporting team) should have no bearing on a persons sexuality.

God knows how many gay people we may routinly mix with amoung colleagues & friends but what does it matter? It doesn't bother me although I'd find it a bit tiresome if somebody was to go on about their sexuality, race or religion.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Their sexuality has nothing to do with the public so why should they have to start saying what they are to the press? People don't have to declare their sexuality in other professions so why should they in football?

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Doesn't CM-S live in Warninglid with his dog - and Barry Fry's mum, sorry sister/daughter ?
Still, he needs a proper man's haircut.
Who does he think he is, Kenny Samson from the Bible ?

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Doesn't CM-S live in Warninglid with his dog - and Barry Fry's mum, sorry sister/daughter ?
Still, he needs a proper man's haircut.
Who does he think he is, Kenny Samson from the Bible ?

Look out for the Audi R8 driving away from Warninglid Manor.

It's a hard life being a Championship footballer!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here