Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for CMS to be dropped or sold

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I love CMS but I am starting to think if we can get three mil for him then maybe we should sell him. If we aren't going to play a system that gets the best out of him then there really is no point keeping him. Gus promised to build a team around CMS and that just hasn't happened, I feel sorry for the guy.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Palarse fans were saying the same thing's last season about Murray
slap_zps7f12c480.gif

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Stick him out on the right or left, he's nipped post a few players down there.
then stick a youth player up front to finish rather than be a target?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Was it tactics that caused CMS to be rubbish at one-on-ones? Is it tactics that gives him a first touch that Douglas Bader would be embarrassed about?

beakyburn

Aug 15, 2012
I understand that this is a thread about CMS but surely we can all see it is not a failing of him but more a failing of the style and pace of play?! For me, our play is stifled every single game by Greer and ElAbd and yesterday demonstrated our total lack of pace at the back!

Credit where credit is due, Watford deserved to win yesterday but if we had a centre half with the vision to move the ball quicker and I mean much quicker, CMS would benefit from the spaces created. We have very good ball players in midfield but we are constantly having to play through 10 players due to our inability to move the ball quicker from the back!

We can all use CMS as a scapegoat but bringing in another striker is not going to change our goal scoring woes as long as we keep stifling our own play!
Greer to El Abd, El Abd back to Greer and repeat 20 times. In the meantime CMS is making runs left and right and nothing is forthcoming. Frustrating for him and for the fans. Feel that i could pop down from my seat in WSC for a tea whilst our centre back pairing are playing keep ball and when i return they are still passing to each other. Yesterday Greer did look up as CMS made a run but what did he do, put his foot on the ball and passed back to TK. We then start the whole passing along the back line procedure again. I don,t blame CMS at least he gives his all, but to keep making runs and watching the ball being passed along the back must make him feel like pulling his hair out. Amazed that he dosn,t have the El Abd look.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Was it tactics that caused CMS to be rubbish at one-on-ones? Is it tactics that gives him a first touch that Douglas Bader would be embarrassed about?

This tactic tactic always amuses me too
Having a first touch is a basic requirement and is not something that gets discovered at the prime of your career

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stat, your still missing the point IMO. Why do you keep banging on about last night? CMS has been poor for a lot longer than that.
"Give him the chances to miss" - where have you been??? He's been missing the simplest of chances for weeks...... Perhaps your not noticing mate.
Am I still missing the point?

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Where do you want him to make these intelligent runs?

Some where in between the 4 defenders who've been able to get back and camped in front of him as we tapped it around down back for 5 minutes before it gets into the final third of the pitch?

None of the strikers we have will do any good when faced with that scenario week in and week out. This isn't just a CMS issue.

The problem seems to be is we as a team are tactically predictable and teams have worked out how to counter our game style.

We have central midfielders who in the past have shown they can score a goal, but once again our game plan seems to not involve them getting forward to continuously support the forwards.

CMS is being made a scapegoat by many for our tactical failure in games it seems.

Well said Biggums, you are 100%correct on every issue.
I have seen better service in a Motorway service station.

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
I watch the games with my 2 older sons and last night we decided watch a player each , mine was CMS.

He missed one chance and he created that chance himself in second half.

He makes constant runs off the ball and I lost count of the amount of times he lost his marker but no pass came his way .

I think it was Croft who had the chance to play a through ball to him in first half , CMS pulled away from his defender and Croft played it at him instead of in front for him to run onto .

The majority of the time he got the ball was with his back to goal at head or at best chest height with the nearest supporting player 20 yards away.

The only other service he was getting was playing him in the channels and then we have no one in the box for him to deliver to because our midfield is miles away.the one occasion he played a class ball across goal and no one died in the box for it .

Blaming CMS really is wrong , he needs the service that he thrives on and he isn't getting it , if we insist on playing this style them let him leave , I'm sure he would want to anyway.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Why did Poyet sign CMS (& Dobbie) then refuse to play to their strengths or even play them at all ?

I image he's gone too far with his 'system', possibly too stubborn to admit it's not working and change to universally known and accepted 4-4-2.

I would have thought Gus would have looked at his Peterborough goals and seen that the majority of them are knock on's and poaches from his partner forward.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm sure we can disagree about other stuff in due course.... There may actually be some stuff we agree on. Lol
Of course.

But I'm done now and I did hold out an olive branch a couple of hours ago.

I'll be watching the Packers soon, I take it you're a Bears fan :lol: (That's American Football!)

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
If we had Messi he wouldn't do any better than CMS, like having a Porche and not putting any petrol in the tank. Why did Poyet sign CMS (& Dobbie) then refuse to play to their strengths or even play them at all ?

And let's throw some more fuel on the fire... None of our midfield ever advance and play (attempt to play) direct, penetrative passes down the channel between or either side of opposing centre halves. CMS isn't about sublime touch, he's about rolling off the last man and hitting the ball before he has time to think and f*** it up.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
And let's throw some more fuel on the fire... None of our midfield ever advance and play (attempt to play) direct, penetrative passes down the channel between or either side of opposing centre halves. CMS isn't about sublime touch, he's about rolling off the last man and hitting the ball before he has time to think and f*** it up.

That made me laugh - a lot! But I think you could be right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here