• In

Votes: 61 27.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 165 73.0%

• Total voters

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
I`ve supported Adams all the way up to now, I`ve felt in the main at home that we have lost games inspite of Adam`s efforts, not because of them but any criticism directed from him for yesterdays game is fully justified.

By not substituting earlier to give the team a much needed boost, as it had had lost its way by the 60th minute or so, to continue playing Frazer for so long when, with my eyes at least, i thought he was having a mare (turning attack into defence with more aplomb than Richard Carpenter occasionally did) and to comment afterwards that we played well beggars belief. Playing well for some of the game does not constitute playing well for the whole of the game, which is what we needed to do to secure the 3 points. We won`t have many, perhaps any better opportunities between now and the end of the season for an easy 3 points than we did yesterday, because Colchester were awful.

What is worrying is firstly why on earth didnt he bring the substitutions on earlier, was he watching a different game to us? Couldn`t he see we were fading badly and needed a boost? When he was here before, he was never slow to act from the bench, it was one of his strengths.
Secondly, there seems so little passion from a man that oozed passion when we last employed him. If he actually believed what he said after the game as regards us playing well then that is also very worrying.

I have voted for him to stay because I`m gonna give him the benefit of the doubt that he just had a mare himself yesterday and that changing the manager all the time never does a club any good, quite apart from the fact we haven`t any money, virtually everyone hates Withdean and there isnt a quality replacement that springs to mind, even if there was, we have to find someone that doesnt mind a relegation fight with little funds and can find better players than Adams found with the same or less money. Unlikely.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think it is safe to say that Thicky Micky has lost the support of the fans but will Limp Dick have the balls to do something about it ?

And given the casual manner in which the players now play I think he has lost the dressing room as well.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The very least Adams could have given us on Friday was more than a couple of minutes of Thornton. Got more entertainment seeing Kev do tricky stuff with the ball down by H Block for the last five minutes than got from the rest of that shower for the first eighty five minutes.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Colchester were there for the taking yesterday. You could see they were not at the races, I could only see us winning.

We made a howler, which to me was a player being lazy and not looking and thinking about what he was doing which many were guilty of yesterday, Richards playing a free kick to an injured Fraser off the pitch and Cox and others playing pases to where teamates were not even there.

In the second half Colchester got stronger and we faded, their bench changed things and went for the win, we did nothing until the end.

Their Bench was animated all match, ours was sudued and silent.

This is totaly inept and shows no fight or passion to the players or the fans, they should go TODAY and step aside for a team of management that shows some FIGHT, PASSION and TACTICAL NOUSE.

I hope the board are happy with the yes men old boys club they have reasembled.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Knowing that Thornton is going back to Cov shouldn't have influenced MA's tactics - he should have come on for the last 30 minutes instead of a few minutes near the end. Why take off Foz and replace him with Fleetwood ? Micky Adams is slowly morphing into a McGhee clown.

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
I`ve supported Adams all the way up to now, I`ve felt in the main at home that we have lost games inspite of Adam`s efforts, not because of them but any criticism directed from him for yesterdays game is fully justified.

By not substituting earlier to give the team a much needed boost, as it had had lost its way by the 60th minute or so, to continue playing Frazer for so long when, with my eyes at least, i thought he was having a mare (turning attack into defence with more aplomb than Richard Carpenter occasionally did) and to comment afterwards that we played well beggars belief. Playing well for some of the game does not constitute playing well for the whole of the game, which is what we needed to do to secure the 3 points. We won`t have many, perhaps any better opportunities between now and the end of the season for an easy 3 points than we did yesterday, because Colchester were awful.

What is worrying is firstly why on earth didnt he bring the substitutions on earlier, was he watching a different game to us? Couldn`t he see we were fading badly and needed a boost? When he was here before, he was never slow to act from the bench, it was one of his strengths.
Secondly, there seems so little passion from a man that oozed passion when we last employed him. If he actually believed what he said after the game as regards us playing well then that is also very worrying.

I have voted for him to stay because I`m gonna give him the benefit of the doubt that he just had a mare himself yesterday and that changing the manager all the time never does a club any good, quite apart from the fact we haven`t any money, virtually everyone hates Withdean and there isnt a quality replacement that springs to mind, even if there was, we have to find someone that doesnt mind a relegation fight with little funds and can find better players than Adams found with the same or less money. Unlikely.

Seconded

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Having voted out since early (possibly too early) season, the last 4 games out of 5 suggest we may be putting it together. It's a very fragile confidence and the last defeat may have knocked it out out them completely, a bad performance today may be the final straw as the crowd really turn. We are a much better team than we were for most of the 1st 3 months of the season, still not good, but we are no longer a shambles. I'd give Adams a few more games to turn it round on the strength of recent performances but we are gonna need some luck and much better concentration in the last 10 mins. Adams needs to get his subs right today and in plenty of time if we are as stuck in a rut as we were for a lot of the 2nd half on Friday.

Alternatively maybe he needs sacking now before he can spend what money we do have. Tough call tbh.

The only thing I have not heard from Adams; he is NOT blaming Wilkins for team morale or tactics that are too deeply ingrained into them.

Not that that would wash at this time in the season.
Instead, it's bad luck, some refereeing decisions, and etc.

It's time Adams blamed himself for once, took in on the chin if he has one.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am/was a 'fencer' really. My last game, before today, was Millwall so I went along with an open mind. But we seemed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory again. Colchester were nothing special and we could/should have turned them over.

It is all very well saying wait until after the transfer window and judge him then, but we may well be facing an uphill struggle to avoid relegation at that point. We have a better team than our league placing suggests. There are obviously issues if we are conceding so many late goals and it doesn't appear to have been arrested.

I didn't call for McGhee to be sacked and I didn't call for Wilkins to be sacked, but if we were to put in a poor performance against Swindon and not take at least a point from there, then I shall be demanding his resignation. We perhaps had a good opportunity to freshen things up entirely when the board decided to sack Wilkins. I.e. Build a whole new coaching team.

I think the biggest problem is that we have lost our only decent coach (in Wilkins) and have not replaced him.

20 odd games is not a long time in football, but we do not seem to show much sign of turning things around.

Adams OUT?

A stay of execution for the time being... :glare:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here