Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for a new logo?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
They own the round ones but i can't find any evidence that they own the rights to the shield as a trade mark

The shield would be a 'defacto trademark' assuming they can prove they've actively persued anyone using it without their permission, at least ones they're made aware of. Some oversight to not register it though!

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
I personally like this one,

1042.jpg

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
The original and STILL the Best
12-Brighton.jpg

Winner!

Still like the one with "THE SEAGULLS" round the bottom ala the Admiral shirts. I think it combines the heritage element of the original, with more modern and clean lines.

Disagree. It's got a ruddy great seagull on it, you don't need to take up space pointing out the obvious, especially if you compromise that lovely font.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In the first season at Falmer would be GRAND to change the Albion's name to The Swans.

Would make that weird old backwoodsman who runs the local pub for local people seem like the best Albion fan ever :lol:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
the round one is FAR nicer and i too would like to see it reinstated for 1st season in the new ground.

i think the club changed the logo to the current one when dick finally took over, 1st season at gillingham. i guess they wanted a fresh look at the time. it does look a bit cheap though.

Spacegull

Sehr Kosmiche.
Feb 22, 2009
High Weald
The round badge with the blue background is a minimalist design classic.
The shield badge is a tacky embarrassment which looks like a reject from a under fives design competition.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I reckon we should all have patches like this on our sleeves!!

Anyone remember these? I don't BTW, just wondering if anyone knew what they were all about when they came out, it's a fabric patch, about 10cm high, I think it is meant to be ironed on, like a sergeants stripe, just not sure if it was for some sort of a campaign at the time.

Attachments

• Armpatch (Custom) (2).jpg
    Armpatch (Custom) (2).jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 62

Phil

Just some old tat flooged by the club shop around 1978/79 ish i think.

and why didn't we ever re- consider these shirt designs for a longer spell rather than just a one off game.......
brighton-and-hove-albion-special-shirt-2007-s_2493_1_276x400.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here