Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for a new logo?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I never liked the latest one

This was by far better:

seagull2.gif

This is my favourite too. The twin town crests would also be fine, as would just a seagull above the letters B.H.A.F.C.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
I know that a leading design agency have been in touch with the Club regarding a rebranding exercise with a new badge and image already designed which looks very good and fitting for the new stadium.

However, they are yet to hear back from the Club... :whistle:

sotonseagull

Feb 8, 2008
southampton
The old badge was easily the best. the current logo is good but prefer the old one. Yes it was the start of a new era coming back to brighton and a statement with the shield however, the old badge remind me of good times as well. like the wembleys visits in 83 & 91, great achievements...(dispite the losses!)

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Even better when the background was red:

My favourite shirt of all-time bar none

Likewise, shirt and badge.

I can see that there might be a rebranding of the badge in time for Falmer...does it really matter what it looks like, Biafran seagull or tubby seagull...it is what it stands for that really matters!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
How about this one?

Attachments

• newbadge.jpg
    newbadge.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 258

the club are funny about releasing the old crests, i wouldn't be surprised if they don't own the copyright at all.

i bet tim carder owns the copyright on the dolphin badge!

They own the round ones but i can't find any evidence that they own the rights to the shield as a trade mark

trademark=2141737

[
S865927_for_2141737_1077766.jpg

Proprietor: Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club Ltd
118 Queens Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 3XG Incorporated country: Great Britain Residence country: Great Britain Customer's ref: 18/33228GBtl ADP number: 0746182001

Agent: Murgitroyd & Company
Scotland House, 165-169 Scotland Street, Glasgow, G5 8PL ADP number:

Trade Mark Details as at 28 July 2009
Case details for Trade Mark 2141737
Current Details Historical Event
Date Actioned:22 October 2007 Details:Trade Mark Renewed Historical Event
Date Actioned:2 August 2007 Details:Expired But Not Removed From Register Historical Event
Date Actioned:7 May 2007 Details:Renewal Reminder Sent Historical Event
Date Actioned:7 August 2006 Details:ADP NUMBER CHANGED BY CLEANUP 00049275 Historical Event
Date Actioned:27 February 1998 Details:Trade Mark Registered Historical Event
Date Actioned:12 November 1997 Details:published for Opposition Purposes Historical Event
Date Actioned:30 September 1997 Details:READY FOR ADVERT Historical Event
Date Actioned:29 September 1997 Details:Draft First Advert Produced Previous Details:
Class 16 Amendment:paper, paper articles, cardboard, cardboard articles, plastic bags, pencils and wrapping materials, books printed matter, newspapers, periodical publications, calendars, photographs, stationery, ordinary playing cards, pens and rulers. Class 24 Amendment:All goods in Class 24. Class 25 Amendment:Articles of sports clothing; footwear, including boots, shoes and slippers, football boots; bath robes, bathing trunks, coats, gloves, jackets, jerseys, overalls, shirts, shorts, t-shirts, shellsuits, sweatshirts, sweaters, tracksuits, waterproof clothing, waistcoats; ties, scarves; rpublica football strips; socks, stockings, hosiery; hats and caps; dressing gowns, pyjamas, boxer shorts; baby boots, bibs, baby clothing; braces; wrist bands. Class 06 Amendment:Small articles of metal hardware; articles of common metal; metal keyrings; badges of metal; all included in Class 6. Historical Event
Date Actioned:4 September 1997 Details:Trade Mark Examined Historical Event
Date Actioned:18 August 1997 Details:Typing error Previous Details:
Class 09 Amendment:Audio and video cassettes, computer games, recoprding discs and recording media, all for reproducing sound or images; all included in Class 9. Class 25 Amendment:Articles of sports clothing; footwear, including boots, shoes and slippers, football boots; bath robes, bathing trunks, coats, gloves, jackets, jerseys, overalls, shirts, shorts, t-shirts, shellsuitd, sweatshirts, sweaters, tracksuits, waterproof clothing, waistcoats; ties, scarves; rpublica football strips; socks, stockings, hosiery; hats and caps; dressing gowns, pyjamas, boxer shorts; baby boots, bibs, baby clothing; braces; wrist bands. Historical Event
Date Actioned:18 August 1997 Details:Application Details Captured

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here