Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for a new logo?

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
Let's be honest, as a club we've never been blessed with a CLASSIC badge.

Although some of you may have leanings towards the twin-town crests, or even that cheeky dolphin, the fact of the matter is that apart from that tubby herring gull we are reknowned for, the last 3 decades have seen us sport two rather bland pieces of football heraldry.

What with Bloom coming in and our wonderful new stadium on the horizon (literally), we're very close to a very exciting new chapter in our history.

Is it time we thought about a new club badge?

What's your thoughts on this NSCers?

Personally, I'd like us to use just the seagull image, with our 1950's monogram-esque BHAFC somewhere else on the shirt/shorts. For official purposes, we re-jig the new crest of Brighon and Hove into a simplified version.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
I never liked the latest one

This was by far better:

seagull2.gif

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I like the current badge - but I think I am probably alone in this.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Same thought occurred to me the other day. The current logo was necessary to confirm that we had left the three bastards behind us, new start, new look and all that. However, I've never been overly keen on the shield-I still like the one posted by xenophon even though it reminds me of our struggles with the three bastards.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Same thought occurred to me the other day. The current logo was necessary to confirm that we had left the three bastards behind us, new start, new look and all that. However, I've never been overly keen on the shield-I still like the one posted by xenophon even though it reminds me of our struggles with the three bastards.

That's why we should have kept it - to show we were still BHAFC, no excuses or no shame

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Even better when the background was red:

3765702990_6128f807ae.jpg

My favourite shirt of all-time bar none

That is the version I have a tattoo of but with a blue backgroud, as per the blue and black striped shirt. I would prefer this version of the round badge over the other round one shown here by Xenofon, but I really quite like the current one too.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i like the current one. no its not fancy, but theres nothing wrong with it either. it marks a certain part of history too, such a roller coaster. think it should stay at least till we get Falmer and start that new story.

if/when they do go for a change i hope they keep it simple and dont fall into the mistakes many have recently liek the QPR one :nono:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I definitely preferred the round badge and I'd love to go back. I also liked the old 'twin towns' badge as well.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
i like the current one. no its not fancy, but theres nothing wrong with it either. it marks a certain part of history too, such a roller coaster. think it should stay at least till we get Falmer and start that new story.

if/when they do go for a change i hope they keep it simple and dont fall into the mistakes many have recently liek the QPR one :nono:

Totally agree. I also liked it when we recently used the seagull on its' own.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Totally agree. I also liked it when we recently used the seagull on its' own.

I agree. I like minimal too, that Liverpool crest above is awful, sorry.Their 70's "Hitachi Shirt" with a gold Liverbird and a simple "L.F.C." underneath was minimal class, one of the great iconic shirts

liverpool_hit.jpg

I don't even like the club, but I love this shirt

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Plain and round is the way to go. No one else in the league has a similar badge I think and it does bring back memories of the glory days :)

None of this changing colours for away strips either. You dont see Man U changing the colour of their badge to suit the kit

And is it just me or when you briefly see a small version of the Ipswich badge does it look a lot like our current one?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Ooo, could we just plagiarise Liverpool's 1970's badge... just a plain seagull with BHAFC under it? That would be lovely.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I agree. I like minimal too, that Liverpool crest above is awful, sorry.Their 70's "Hitachi Shirt" with a gold Liverbird and a simple "L.F.C." underneath was minimal class, one of the great iconic shirts

liverpool_hit.jpg

I don't even like the club, but I love this shirt
That is gorgeous.
The minimal seagull has been used to good effect, on the palookaville shirt, and a yellow away one I think, not so much on the light blue monstrosity.
That or a return to a circular crest would be very welcome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here