Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticketing issues: constructive criticism

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm happy to feed back to the club on issues experienced by people over the last day or so in the hope that, where possible, steps can be taken to help streamline the process for the future.

Please add your own issues faced or other constructive points, if they've not been listed already.

I'll kick off with some I know about...

- '3500 points' issue - many people have been given loyalty points far in excess of the stated allocation levels, and this still remains in place today.

- '1000 point able to buy' issue - those with less points that the stated minimum to purchase yesterday were able to buy tickets. (This is believed to be resolved now)

- New loyalty point allocation issue. 20 points have been allocated to people for the Spurs game. None have been allocated for the Gills game.

- Auto-inclusion of F&F issue. When adding reserved tickets to buy them, a ticket was picked up for all of your Friends & Family. The removal mechanism is clunky, making the process very long-winded for those with large groups only looking to buy 1/a few tickets on this occasion.

- Amex payment not valid. An Amex card could not be used to buy tickets online. (Club have acknowledged this)

- Kids being marked as adult on some/all games. Particularly confusing when the ticket system knows that someone is a kid for one game, but has them down as an adult for another game. Can't be resolved online - need to call the ticket office.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The "Sold Out" message is confusing.

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
The "add friends & family" facility doesn't seem to work i.e. you can't add anyone else.
I have 2 x ST's but only 1 ticket comes up when I go to purchase and I can't add on the 2nd one.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The error message for people with inadequate loyalty points could be more helpful!

"unknown error M"

D

Deleted member 18477

if you want to buy a ticket for a friend or family... They have to log in and put your details in (giving you permission to buy their seat effectively). After they have done that they will show up on your account and you will be able to purchase for them.

Redhill Seagull

Oct 22, 2003
Redhill
Went to book online for me and my 2 boys but the boys were showing as adults and not child tickets. They were ok for the Eastbourne game but not Spurs and Gillingham.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
I have 3,500 loyalty points and can buy SSC/Spurs/Gills tickets on my seat now. My son (who sits next to me) has only 1,000 loyalty points, so we can't buy his tickets til next week.

This means we incur 2 x postage fee (£2) for the two separate orders (even though they are going to same house, a week apart, for Father and son season ticket holders who sit next to each other).

Also, I had to remove my sons reserved tickets when ordering mine otherwise some 'undefined error (M)' problem blocked me.

Last edited:

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
When adding reserved seats, all my friends and family's tickets were added to the basket.

As the site was running slowly, it took about 10 minutes to remove them.

It should be optional to add tickets for friends and family as well - not automatic please

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Went to book online for me and my 2 boys but the boys were showing as adults and not child tickets. They were ok for the Eastbourne game but not Spurs and Gillingham.

Yup, this is the issue I've got for my U18 son, who is showing as adult for Eastbourne, Spurs and Gills.

Be nice if they could correct this before next Wednesday, and save me a phone call.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
1) I haven't yet found a way to reduce the list of Friends and Family members.
2) Is it possible for the system to either generate an email to the seat holder to say a Friend or Family has bought their ticket or to mark who bought it on the ticket site?
3) I find the identification of the Friends and Family members very difficult - A) The list of who is in your friends and family only shows surnames, but family members frequently use the same surname. B) The list of tickets reserved for Friends and Family only identifies people by their seat numbers.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I have no negative points but would like the club to know that by all acounts their proffesionalism and dedication on such a difficult day yesterday must be comended. Well done and thankyou.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I was hoping to fly back for either the Spurs, Donny or Gillingham games but can't even register. Every time I complete registration details, I get logged off and do not receive an email with my customer number. (I did not stay incative on the site for 5 minutes or spend anything like 30 minutes on the site)

Just as a bit on the positive side I found the site once you got through to it worked seemlessly and was a much improved experience to last season where it would often crash partway through the booking process (which is more annoying than not getting in at all as you often were unsure of the current state of the booking).

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Yup, this is the issue I've got for my U18 son, who is showing as adult for Eastbourne, Spurs and Gills.

Be nice if they could correct this before next Wednesday, and save me a phone call.

Had the same problem with my youngest Grandson showing as an adult when trying to book on-line tickets for Spurs & Gills games. Tried ringing several times but never got beyond being number 35 on the waiting queue. Went down to the ticket office walked straight in, no queue and a very nice young lady sorted it all out in a few minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here