Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticketing issues: constructive criticism

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I have 3,500 loyalty points and can buy SSC/Spurs/Gills tickets on my seat now. My son (who sits next to me) has only 1,000 loyalty points, so we can't buy his tickets til next week.

This means we incur 2 x postage fee (£2) for the two separate orders (even though they are going to same house, a week apart, for Father and son season ticket holders who sit next to each other).

Also, I had to remove my sons reserved tickets when ordering mine otherwise some 'undefined error (M)' problem blocked me.

Could you confirm if you believe all STH's at Amex who were not STH at Withdean should be allowed to queue jump for SSCF/Spurs or just sons of A21 club members?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The error message for people with inadequate loyalty points could be more helpful!

"unknown error M"

This. If there's some way to clarrify the error, it wopuld definitely help. I had a mild panic when I clicked 'check out' and it just reloaded the page. The Error message didn't stick out, so I didn't realise what was happening at first. It would also have helped in that situation for a second message 'There are errors with your order' so that users don't think there's a glitch with the check out button.

3) I find the identification of the Friends and Family members very difficult - A) The list of who is in your friends and family only shows surnames, but family members frequently use the same surname. B) The list of tickets reserved for Friends and Family only identifies people by their seat numbers.

This one as well. The surname thing is helpful for me because it's not family, but I had to go back to the friends and family section to work out which membership number, so would prefer member's names when adding tickets to the basket, instead of their membership number.

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I have 3,500 loyalty points and can buy SSC/Spurs/Gills tickets on my seat now. My son (who sits next to me) has only 1,000 loyalty points, so we can't buy his tickets til next week.

This means we incur 2 x postage fee (£2) for the two separate orders (even though they are going to same house, a week apart, for Father and son season ticket holders who sit next to each other).

or you could buy both next week, when you are both eligible for tickets, and save that fee

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
When calling the club ticketline and selecting option 1(?) to speak to a sales rep, people were simply disconnected from the call.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
I can see my reserved tickets online for the Tottenham game, but I wish to upgrade my son's U10 ticket to an U18 ticket.

Is this possible online?

I am also puzzled why it states U10 ticket as standard when I purchased an U18 season ticket for my son so either he or my daughter can attend.

I would like to get this sorted before my option to buy on 13th July.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Instead of having to remove individually tickets that you don't want, there should be a tick box for each one and then only click remove once.
Family and friends should have full name.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
I don't seem to be able to log in at all - however I am a newbie.

I put my fan number in, and my password (and I've done 'forgotten password' and received the email with my password confirmation so I know that's right) and it just returns me to whatever screen I was in when I tried to log in and says (on the left) 'You are not logged in'.

Help.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Could you confirm if you believe all STH's at Amex who were not STH at Withdean should be allowed to queue jump for SSCF/Spurs or just sons of A21 club members?

Not what I meant at all Mr. Attitude.

What I meant was it would be nice to add a note to suspend posting (to the same house) by a week (i.e. £2 postal charge paid once instead of twice).

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
QUOTE]

or you could buy both next week, when you are both eligible for tickets, and save that fee[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Having now been thru the process once that is clear. At the time though (because it was two STHs in the same house and both appeared to be reserved) I assumed I could pay the ticket/post fee in advance for both.

Guess logic departed in all the excitement.

Thanks for replying in a far less abusive way than the previous guy anyway.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I'm happy to feed back to the club on issues experienced by people over the last day or so in the hope that, where possible, steps can be taken to help streamline the process for the future.

Please add your own issues faced or other constructive points, if they've not been listed already.

I'll kick off with some I know about...

- '3500 points' issue - many people have been given loyalty points far in excess of the stated allocation levels, and this still remains in place today.

- '1000 point able to buy' issue - those with less points that the stated minimum to purchase yesterday were able to buy tickets. (This is believed to be resolved now)

- New loyalty point allocation issue. 20 points have been allocated to people for the Spurs game. None have been allocated for the Gills game.

- Auto-inclusion of F&F issue. When adding reserved tickets to buy them, a ticket was picked up for all of your Friends & Family. The removal mechanism is clunky, making the process very long-winded for those with large groups only looking to buy 1/a few tickets on this occasion.

- Amex payment not valid. An Amex card could not be used to buy tickets online. (Club have acknowledged this)

- Kids being marked as adult on some/all games. Particularly confusing when the ticket system knows that someone is a kid for one game, but has them down as an adult for another game. Can't be resolved online - need to call the ticket office.

What frustrates me more as an IT Consultant is we spend £90m on a state of the art stadium, millions on players and yet like most business's the IT booking system has been tied on with a piece of string (its the lifeblood of the club). This should have have been piloted way, way before now. This can be done without fans involvement, the technology is there to do so, yet hasn't been used properly to avoid this scenario.

I'm guessing in the quest to win this part of the contract I suspect that the companies invited to tender have under specified the Comms links to Falmer, the Data Centre, i.e. servers, storage etc . also data security and lastly a disaster recovery plan should their systems fail.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that I read that the club were going to employ the serevices of a company that provides the ticketing arrangements at many of the big clubs. I thought that Liverpool was mentioned but I may be mistaken.

It's irritating not to be able to use the on-line booking system to buy products like Travel Vouchers, car park tickets or tickets to the familiarisation days. This must put unbelievable pressure on the staff who have to deal with phone calls, as well holding up all the calls from other customers who WANT to speak to someone on the phone.

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
I've had no problems what so ever, I ordered my SCC/Spurs/Gillingham tickets online.

BUT, I've had calls and emails from friends who are abroad at the moment and couldn't

You can't dial 0845 numbers from outside of the UK, this has pissed off a few long time
and loyal supporters! They must have a geographic number to call with problems.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Although not needed for me, I am sure having parking spaces bookable online would be very useful for many. Same with the travel vouchers.

All day staff events leaving absolutely no one to contact in the ticket office one day before three matches go on sale is probably not a good idea. I suspect a large amount of calls that were made on the Wednesday were not specifically to buy tickets but were questions about their points, their log in etc.

I emailed different people at the club on the Monday about the issue and got a stoney wall of silence, I suspect because they were building up to the all staff day.

So constructively, don't have an all staff day on a week that is likely to be as busy as this.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Although not needed for me, I am sure having parking spaces bookable online would be very useful for many. Same with the travel vouchers.

All day staff events leaving absolutely no one to contact in the ticket office one day before three matches go on sale is probably not a good idea. I suspect a large amount of calls that were made on the Wednesday were not specifically to buy tickets but were questions about their points, their log in etc.

I emailed different people at the club on the Monday about the issue and got a stoney wall of silence, I suspect because they were building up to the all staff day.

So constructively, don't have an all staff day on a week that is likely to be as busy as this.

Giraffe, you've made a very good point there and lets hope the club learn from this experience which they should. To me on this end of the phone it feels that we're still working with the same amount of ticketing staff, but with 3 times the workload. But given this, although I'm no project manager, once I hand my projects to my technical team I would expect them to start putting plans/dates into place. Not, right guys put your phones on and take some bookings approach.

Classic today when I booked my visit for Monday I asked the chap a quick question about tickets for the Gillingham game......his response was, and I kid you not.....Sorry Sir I'm only trained to book the familiarisation visits (what training is required for that, take call, take supporter number then job done). He then added after this call I should redial on the same number but press 1.

In all fairness though I'm sure the ticketing/office staff are having a pretty hard time of it both yesterday and today. To make more use of the internet as the ticket system I would be interested as to what the bandwidth is we are currently using, server spec's etc

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
BUT, I've had calls and emails from friends who are abroad at the moment and couldn't

Hmmm... my work internet server is abroad, I wonder if this is why I can't log in?

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
What frustrates me more as an IT Consultant is we spend £90m on a state of the art stadium, millions on players and yet like most business's the IT booking system has been tied on with a piece of string (its the lifeblood of the club). This should have have been piloted way, way before now. This can be done without fans involvement, the technology is there to do so, yet hasn't been used properly to avoid this scenario.

I'm guessing in the quest to win this part of the contract I suspect that the companies invited to tender have under specified the Comms links to Falmer, the Data Centre, i.e. servers, storage etc . also data security and lastly a disaster recovery plan should their systems fail.

This is the only comment that matters and is the only real issue.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The "Sold Out" message is confusing.
This.

Display that message only when a game has genuinly sold out, not when there are tickets despite the fact you're not currently in a position to buy them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here