Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket Queues and Falmer

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
b.w.2. said:

All the club had to do to give priority for season ticket holders, etc. and their friends and family

Crumbs, now they are claiming that season ticket holders friends and families should have priority ticket arrangements. How close a friend or relative do you have to be e.g. second cousins, milkmen of season ticket holders, people who work in the same building as them?

Blue&WhiteSea

Jul 5, 2003
Sutton
I was thinking more along the lines of how west ham have outsourced part of their sales to ticketmaster a well known and respected source of ticketing.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Fully support Lord B and others in defense of the club, especially Martin Perry who some idiots have recently likened to Bellotti and Archer. That's damn right rubbish never mind the intentional insult. You should be ashamed if you agree with those comments.
I'm a season ticket holde from the days at Gillingham when it was more like a loan to keep us alive. It's highly amusing to see those calling Brighton a big club whilst playing in legoland also feel aggrieved when the masses finally get their chance to watch a big game. I bought 20 tickets and nearly half are people who haven't been for a few years, precisely who if we get Falmer might become a regular again. They simply wouldn't be coming if the ticket allocation had been staggered and we couldn't all sit together. So stop moaning and give the club a break. I'd rather be in a crowd of 30,000 supporting the seagulls (and nobody know's if it's going to get that high) than 20,000.

There's never been a ticket allocation in history that's not had at least one person feeling hard done by. As they say, Elvis is dead. Gwet over it.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I am slightly torn on this debate.
On the one hand it is a difficult task, made harder by the facilities at Withdean. Nobody will actually miss out and Im happy that I am going full stop and would rather have a crap seat then not be going at all.

But...

I have brought tickets for gigs of nearly 100,000 people and they have sold out in hours with no problems. I was in the line with two season ticket holders who were appalled at the way it was handled on Saturday and spoke to a few others who were further back who felt the same.
I love Knight et al too pieces but I get the sense that sometimes people on here refuse to hear a bad word said about them. It is obvious that things should and could have been handled better so we should not just accept this because of the great job the club hierarchy have done before. By no means are people calling for Perry's head or saying he is crap, just that the powers that be should have handled things better and given priority to the people who have stood by the club in when it most needed it.
I agree we need to attract more support and have no problem with new comers joining us in Cardiff, but as a non season ticket holder I also think that Season Ticket Holders have been given a rough deal and just because some are not bothered does not make it ok.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Richie Morris said:
As have Palace...you know it makes sense.

The last tix I bought from Ticketmaster cost me an extra £8.50 each in 'booking fee' and delivery. I wouldn't have been happy paying for what I consider legalised touting.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ticketmaster are absolute scum who rip people off. I applied for some tickets to see Morrisey and they charged me a surcharge for buying by credit card and then a £4.50 service charge on top of the ticket price. For the England matches at The Blue Camp next week a £25 ticket will set you back £29.05, and there is no guarantee that the tickets will arrive in the post in time.

The club would also have to pay a fee to Ticketmaster on top of the excess that we pay. There is no doubt that some fans have been put out, but everyone who wants a ticket will surely get one, and will be able to sit with their mates. I am going with a group of 16 from Worthing, London, Manchester, Brighton and Bournemouth being the locations of the other ticket holders, and the way the club arranged the ticketing is the only way that this would have worked.

Richie Morris said:
I have brought tickets for gigs of nearly 100,000 people and they have sold out in hours with no problems.
So have I. And I've been happy.

I've also failed to get a ticket because I was "too late". And I've been unhappy.

These events are sold out because they use the "first come, first served" principle.

You want season ticket holders to have priority because they are "loyal supporters"? Try devising a system for giving priority to "loyal fans" of the top band on the bill - shall we say people who bought their records on vinyl. And all hell would break out.

Incidentally, I became a season ticket holder NOT because I was a "loyal supporter" - but because I am a selfish supporter. I want to get to all the feckin' games. Because I want to. So there.

PS

I was "loyal" when we were at the Goldstone. I paid on the gate.

seagull over spain

Mar 25, 2004
torrevieja spain
As I am not going due to work commitments in Spain I beg that all those complaining consider the options, It was not confirmed till Thursday that the Albion had Qualified. Tickets only Arrived Friday evening, Put on Sale Saturday,
If STH only were to be offered their option only on Saturday would that of been Fair?
If STH were offered tickets one for one on Satuday would they have been happy with that? I think not
Given the time allowed for ticket allocation whilst it may not be perfect I would say the club have dealt with it in the best possible way at least season ticket holders can sit with their non season ticket holding family and friends, and AMS members can sit with their no member family and friends and everyone has a roof over their head and no parrasite legalised ticket tout company is making out of the deal.
Enjoy your day and give an extra shout for the SEAGULLS from those of us that can't be there

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
That is a bad example Lord B because people who bye a record on vinyl are hardly shelling out the 400 pounds season ticket holders do are they? I was merely saying there are ways of selling this many tickets better.

My first reason for getting a season ticket is because I'm selfish (see above).

My second reason is because they are cheaper than paying separately for each ticket.

There are probably other reasons as well. "Loyalty" is a long way down the list. If loyalty is going to be rewarded, there are probably loads of fans who deserve that reward who aren't season ticket holders. I can't see how the Club can sort out a system to identify and reward them when the infrastructure to sell tickets consists of a load of tin sheds in a yard at Withdean.

Give us Falmer - and it could be different.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Ok but surely those season ticket holders who sit through countless awful games at Withdean deserve some sort of preference when it comes to such a big day. By your argument season ticket holders should have had no priority for big away games or the play off semi final.

Indefatigable

Mar 23, 2004
I am a season ticket holder (one adult, one junior). You are never going to make everyone happy, but I though the arrangements were fine. There was always going to be plenty of tickets to satisfy everyone (that gets their arse into gear) and it was right to give everyone a equal chance of getting to the game.

We need people who don't regularly get to Withdean to go to Cardiff, and it was sensible doing it the way that was chosen.

And excellent to be able to buy merchandise immediately after buying your tickets.

Well done to the club.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Indefatigable said:

And excellent to be able to buy merchandise immediately after buying your tickets.

Well done to the club.

Yes but I feel for people who brought the home shirt bearing in mind it is being replaced after this game.

Nov 3, 2003
they shouldve opened more turnstiles but silent wanted the occasion to stem a flow of coffers into the bank as the people selling the outdated (soon to be) shirts once u go through the turnstiles couldve been selling at the CLOSED turnstiles of which there were at least FOUR so NO for this and MANY others reasons well documented on NSC the club balls this up big time hopefully they will get things right on the pitchy!

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
so, can someone help me - do you recken they might have put a couple thousand ticket aside for those who had to post applications?
i didn't have any choice and am now a little worried...

BornSeagull

May 23, 2004
Eastbourne
Richie Morris said:

I have brought tickets for gigs of nearly 100,000 people and they have sold out in hours with no problems.

We all have, but when i did i was not forced to fill out a form so that if my ticket happened to be found for sell on eBay they knew who to come and arest either.

A lot of the problems with this as been the way the league have told the club they need to sell them. I was lucky enough to get two of the last tickets in the £40 bracket. After 5 1/2 hours of standing around following the person in front arround the car park. It was not until i got to the front , that i realised why it was taking so long. Even me with my two forms for two tickets, needed them to check the forms, check my id then write on the forms what tickets i had be issued. In all it took about 3 mins and that was with me paying by cash. Now imagine how long it was taking for those buying 10+ or 55 tickets and paying by cheque?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here