Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket Exchange Flooded With Liverpool Tickets Wanted - Why No Palace Wanted?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I've been to my fair share of Palace games, I started watching Brighton in 82 and am now in my late 30's. Never cared about them, never will.

I cant be doing with this "If you're a Brighton fan then you have to hate Palace" rule. I dislike/hate a team when I have a personal reason to do so, this is why unless something changes my opinion I will always hate Man Ure, Pompey, Reading & Orient more than Palace.

You obviously don't know your history.:rolleyes:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And you actually think these plastic fans would go to liverpool if they could?i've seen liverpool numerous times without any problems in the past and no doubt more times than any of these armchair fans have.

To me the liverpool game is not important and to be frank its a crap cup anyway:)

Seen plenty of PL games, and it is extremely hard to see Liverpool without paying fortunes through agencies, or knowing a s/t holder at somewhere like Fulham.
Even then, they're snapped up within hours of those other clubs releasing their general tickets.
Like or it not, LFC have a massive following in the UK, Ireland, Norway & beyond, and even if only a small proportion of those are able to regularly pay to see them when their ground is enlarged/replaced, they'll still have large gates when added to the 45,000.

Enemies of the Albion still laugh at Albion's Withdean following (CP fans on here last week), and reckon many of the new plastic Albion fans will disappear when the novelty wears off. Seem to think plastic is aimed at Albion, not LFC.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
If hypothetically someone had three spare WSL tickets for Liverpool what would be the best way of ensuring these went to proper Albion supporters and not plastic scousers?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If hypothetically someone had three spare WSL tickets for Liverpool what would be the best way of ensuring these went to proper Albion supporters and not plastic scousers?

Sounds bitter about LFC!
CPFC fans laughed on here about plastic Albion fans i.e. where have the new 12,000 fans come from, and why wasn't Withdean always a sell out.
So the plastics label can be aimed at many clubs.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda

As I said before, my mate will take 1, I can prove my season ticket, and he can prove his points for the Gillingham, and Leeds games

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Seen plenty of PL games, and it is extremely hard to see Liverpool without paying fortunes through agencies, or knowing a s/t holder at somewhere like Fulham.
Even then, they're snapped up within hours of those other clubs releasing their general tickets.
Like or it not, LFC have a massive following in the UK, Ireland, Norway & beyond, and even if only a small proportion of those are able to regularly pay to see them when their ground is enlarged/replaced, they'll still have large gates when added to the 45,000.

Enemies of the Albion still laugh at Albion's Withdean following (CP fans on here last week), and reckon many of the new plastic Albion fans will disappear when the novelty wears off. Seem to think plastic is aimed at Albion, not LFC.

And as we've said time and time again, if Palace had been struggling at the arse end of league 2, playing in a grade B atheltics track with shite facilities, their crowds would have been down to a similar level.

Look at the history of clubs and their attendances go up and down depending on what is happening on and off the pitch - we're no different.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Sounds bitter about LFC!
CPFC fans laughed on here about plastic Albion fans i.e. where have the new 12,000 fans come from, and why wasn't Withdean always a sell out.
So the plastics label can be aimed at many clubs.

I work in Liverpool so not bitter at all. I'm just wondering how best to make sure that tickets ended up with genuine Albion supporters.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Only a few stand up to hate Palace in West Stand Lower. They end up looking a bit silly as they look around provocatively with their arms out wondering why they're on their own. Then rather sheepishly they sit back down again. It's alright for the kids and self styled Ultras in the North stand, but most of us don't hate Palace any more than Saints, Pompey etc.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It would be better for the charity though, wouldn't it ? A win-win, surely ?

I didn't say I was doing this btw !

Just because something leads to the short-term financial benefit of a charity that's not exactly hard up, doesn't mean it's a bullet-proof justification for exploiting the loyalties of football fans. From club ticket offices that use an 0845 number or £2 online booking fee (in the name of raising revenue for the club) lots of people think they can fool football fans and get them paying over the odds for things. Anyone who'd go through with such a plan you've suggested (even in the name of a charity) would be adding to that world.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Just because something leads to the short-term financial benefit of a charity that's not exactly hard up, doesn't mean it's a bullet-proof justification for exploiting the loyalties of football fans. From club ticket offices that use an 0845 number or £2 online booking fee (in the name of raising revenue for the club) lots of people think they can fool football fans and get them paying over the odds for things. Anyone who'd go through with such a plan you've suggested (even in the name of a charity) would be adding to that world.

Fair dinkum, interesting to hear the opinions on this.

Oct 2, 2008
what a load of f***ing bollox's... Liverpool is a nice to see, Palace is a must see, and if there are season ticket holders that cant be arsed to turn up to the palace game, really need to take a f***ing good hard look at themselves....

When I was just a little boy
I asked my mother what shall I be
Should I be Brighton
Should I be Palace
Here's what she said to me
Wash Your mouth out son
And go get your fathers gun
And shoot the palace scum
Shoot the palace scum

Well said. Going to both but absolutely no contest that Palace is the most important.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Dickhead. I'd be interested to know how he/she came up with that 'face value' price.

Legally allowed to transfer his/her ticket?

Isn't it technically illegal to sell on any football ticket?

Also, I thought it was against ebay rules because of this?

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I may have a spare on ST if my brother can't get down, just 1 mind. I would prefer this to go to a seagull and not a liverpool fan. West lower

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
If you think it's wrong then report listing.

Not sure I can be bothered to trawl through ebay's rules, but as a general point it is illegal to resell football tickets in England, but not if specifically authorized by the club organising the match. Some clubs enter into agreements with 3rd parties to do this. Are 1901 members specifically authorised to resell their tickets, or are they merely transferable ( ie at no cost/profit) ??

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The Liverpool game is the least important of the three games next week. I'm not surprised there is a lot of interest in it as it has an appeal to those who only have a casual interest in football. The Palace game is by far and away the most important of the trio, how anyone can say otherwise is utterly beyond me. The three points on offer against Leeds are also more valuable than the passing glory of possible victory against liverpool too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here