Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket Chaos Tonight (the after)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The club simply did not learn from the Ipswich game, and serves them right. Perhaps now they will sort this farce out.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Just to add my two pennies worth, like many other my party of 7 found the whole situation an absolute disgrace.

We actually went to the Sportsman tonight and at about 6.45 one of us went to get our tickets. Somehow or other they had been 'LOST' by the T.O. somewhere and they said come back in 20 mins. We come back at 7.15 only to find that sort of queue.

Eventually get in at 8, sounds like it was just before the gates were opened, something that we'd been calling for since 7.30 cos it was bleedin OBVIOUS that there were too many people to get in before half time, let alone KO.

My reason for being so annoyed is that this is not simply a large amount of people who have turned up to pay on the gate. When the ticket office shut today the club would have had a good couple of hours to sort out what they were going to do to get that many people their tickets so why were we left with such a shambles?

1. Most obvious thing to do would be to have lots of collection points next to each other within the car park. The excuse of 'not enough staff' just doesn't wash with me, on matchdays there are at least 10-20 youth and reserve team players at the ground who could distribute the tickets, its not something you need a great deal of training for.

2. Open all the turnstiles as normal but mark each one alphabetically and have the tickets within the turnstiles themselves.

3. Even without doing either of these very simple solutions, when you realise that 5 mins before KO there are still hundreds outside the ground just let them in as they wouldn't be there if they hadn't already purchased a ticket and it's not like finding a seat would be difficult tonight.

Well and truly pissed off tonight with what should have been an enjoyable evening

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I assume that all you posters moaning about the chaos tonight have seen the apology on the official website.

Anyone who has stated that they have the right to turn up when they want rather than when is practical deserved what they got. For others who suffered, surely it is clear the problem was mainly due to the extra number sold on the back of a great result on Saturday.

I have supported BHA for over 30 years and can remember having to queue for tickets for big games (eg Derby in the League cup in 76) by attending reserve games when there was 33500 attending the game. Don't remember many people complaining then. Probably the same for the cup final. I know Barnet is not a big game but at the end of the day, we are a small club run on a shoestring and are not geared up to respond like Ticketmaster. The club are going to address the issues so hopefully problems will not arise again. On that note, can you not consider the thread closed and start a new one praising the team on the start to this campaign.

Furthermore, any dickhead making a comparison to Hillsborough should remember that a large chunk of the problem there was ticketless fans being let in (to prevent crushing outside). Hardly in the same league!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I certainly think it was more than 200 even when they opened the gates up was a complete joke.

East London Seagull observed the chaos and said it was at least 300 fans.

1066gull

i missed gary harts own goal that sent us down from the championship thanks to a ticketing farce that day

club not learnt their lesson then after all this time.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
who knows, but we currently have 2 people working in a small ticket office with a crap computer system,
having to deal with dishing out season tickets,
customers coming into the shop to buy tickets and ask questions
taking ticket orders on the phone
posting out tickets that have been phoned through
deal with Gullys Gand and Team Stripe
posting out tickets bought on line
dealing with tickets being bought for games in the next month
God knows what other queries go their way.

But then again what is the point investing in a shit hot new ticket system, which will probably be made redundant when we move into a bigger office with a better ticketing system when we go to Falmer

It would probably take away money to spend on players, which would mean a crap team, and less people wanting to come?

Basicaly we're supposed to be a professional club but it's being run by amateaurs, We know what the ground capacity is and we should be able to cope with the ticket demand to fill it otherwise the club are not doing their job. One thing that really pisses me off is every time it's suggested we should have pay on the gate the same old excuses get rolled out about the chaos it would cause, people queueing up at turnstiles, not knowing how many stewards to have on duty, not being able to judge the park & ride requirements properly etc etc. Yet it's exactly the same problems we have all the time with our existing ticketing arrangements so it would'nt make any difference.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And as an aside, the latter part of that club statement:

"Meanwhile, the club have confirmed that final batch of approximately 200 season tickets were despatched today; supporters should receive these ahead of Saturday's opening home league game with Bristol Rovers."

The season started on August 9th, and they're STILL sending out season tickets on August 12th ? OK, the first home game is on the 16th, but christ on a bike - the fixtures have been known since halfway through June ! Why leave it till the final week / last few days before sending the season tickets ?? It leaves NO margin for error for any postal hiccups, meaning many fans are left with an anxious wait as the days count down, wondering whether their ticket is in the post or has disappeared into the abyss somewhere.

Its just damn SHODDY.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I have supported BHA for over 30 years and can remember having to queue for tickets for big games (eg Derby in the League cup in 76) by attending reserve games when there was 33500 attending the game. Don't remember many people complaining then.
Yes, and my grandma remembered smallpox. But doesn't mean we should reintroduce 'the experience'

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Please would the apologists for the club stop doing so. You're simply compounding the problem, especially if you weren't there (Clapham Gull) experiencing the utter frustration that is BHA ticket arrangements. Besides, this thread's a damn good excuse to moan when everything on the pitch is frustratingly perfect.

I have to admit I am normally one of the clubs biggest apologist, as I am a STH holder and previoulsy a 3 year STH I have not had to endure what the non STH does every week.

It has opened my eyes, read my posts I do not gripe about the club but if this is how we treat fans we need to review this service.

I paid £15 tonight to miss Virgos first goal, get wound up and have a senior club offical have a pop at me.

If I had bought my ticket well in advance like normal I would not have witnessed this shambles and be defending it right now.

We brought our tickets two weeks ago. It aint that bloody hard, to go to Queens Road and pick a ticket up from the shop!

Yes it f***ing well is if you live out of town and decide on the day that you'd like to watch The Albion.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think it's relatively easy to deal with a situation like this, by training other staff to help out when needed.

Possibly a option for ticket collection at Preston Park would help ? (security a problem ? )

In a case like tonight, shut the van down for sales for half an hour and do collection from there as well.

It's what railway stations do and it's what supermarkets do as well.

Although I wouldn't go as far as announcing over the tannoy what I heard in ASDA in Clapham Junction

"Would all co-workers with a passion for service, please report to the tills"

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

"Meanwhile, the club have confirmed that final batch of approximately 200 season tickets were despatched today; supporters should receive these ahead of Saturday's opening home league game with Bristol Rovers."

The season started on August 9th, and they're STILL sending out season tickets on August 12th ? OK, the first home game is on the 16th, but christ on a bike - the fixtures have been known since halfway through June ! Why leave it till the final week / last few days before sending the season tickets ?? It leaves NO margin for error for any postal hiccups, meaning many fans are left with an anxious wait as the days count down, wondering whether their ticket is in the post or has disappeared into the abyss somewhere.

Its just damn SHODDY.

Ken Brown confirmed that all the tickets were posted out in 3 batches - last Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, and now he has changed his mind

He is the one that is looking very stupid at the moment, as well as the ticketing fiasco of tonight

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Its just damn SHODDY.

For f*** sake mate give it a rest.Just lately you are starting to sound like WW.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Love the apology on the website that has just come up - if that was 200 fans waiting outside then I obviously need mhy eyes tested because as far as I could see it couldn't have been far off 500.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Basicaly we're supposed to be a professional club but it's being run by amateaurs, We know what the ground capacity is and we should be able to cope with the ticket demand to fill it otherwise the club are not doing their job. One thing that really pisses me off is every time it's suggested we should have pay on the gate the same old excuses get rolled out about the chaos it would cause, people queueing up at turnstiles, not knowing how many stewards to have on duty, not being able to judge the park & ride requirements properly etc etc. Yet it's exactly the same problems we have all the time with our existing ticketing arrangements so it would'nt make any difference.

Don't you know anything about the conditions of our playing at Withdean! We are not allowed by the terms of those conditions to have pay at the gate. If the club had insisted on that, then we may well still be playing at Priestfield!!!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Don't you know anything about the conditions of our playing at Withdean! We are not allowed by the terms of those conditions to have pay at the gate. If the club had insisted on that, then we may well still be playing at Priestfield!!!

Some posters tonight are saying that they saw people pay at the ticket collection points tonight.

After the poor organistaion I saw tonight I am not in a position to doubt this.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Its just damn SHODDY.

If I dont have my season ticket by tomorrow I will launch a brick through the club shop window, dive through the hole that has been made, rampage throughout the shop, slamming every last piece of clothing and merchandise on the floor, before climbing over the ticket area punching through the computer screens and then kicking the shit out of the Palace fan that works there.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I paid £15 tonight to miss Virgos first goal, get wound up and have a senior club offical have a pop at me.

It's happened to me too and you just want to scream at the officials 'use some f**ing common sense'. Unfortunately you're a piece of s*** in their eyes, even if you are paying top dollar to be so! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here