Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Storm

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
HOLY SHIT! We just had the biggest flash of lightning here in Southwick. Was looking at my TV which is infront of my windows, it blinded me for .5 a second. I think it HIT something real close, possibly the Windmill Pub. It caused my fire alarm to go off. The lights to flicker. The Windmill Pub is currently in darkness, and there is a loud alarm going off, possibly from the Windmill. That was the biggest flash I have ever seen. f***ing scary.

Alarm has gone off. 2 Fire Engines near by.

Third fire engine has pulled up outside the Windmill and firemen have entered the pub. Quick cheeky pint? I'm not so sure.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Show's over in West Worthing.... sigh

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Firemen have looked round the pub and have now left. Lights have come back on. I can confirm the pub did get struck by lightning but is now open for business.

Blimey.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Firemen have looked round the pub and have now left. Lights have come back on. I can confirm the pub did get struck by lightning but is now open for business.

Blimey.

I'm right near the Fire Station along the road and that often gets struck by lightning (the tower thing).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Blimey.

Whats on as Guest Ale at the mo ? Summer Lightning ?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
SW13 was hit by a torrential downpour. I went for a stroll with one of my flatmates, dressed in shorts and a t-shirt. Mainly to enjoy the scenes that could only, really, be marvelled at from the outside.

johnhammond

Neither John, nor Hammond
Jan 17, 2008
Utrecht
You need wind to clear humidity not rain.

Rain like this would make it feel less humid/muggy, even if the actual humidity doesn't drop significantly (it could even go up). Storms = rain, which cools the air, so it can hold less moisture, and thus it feels less humid.

got back from Kayaking and hour ago on Southwater Lake. Torrential downpour came as we were off the water and putting the kayaks back ontop of a minibus, however as there was no ladder attached to said minibus, yours truly had to stand in the rain to hold onto the ladder.

Not happy :censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here