Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thugs on the Train

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You have to remember that Bushy is from 'up that London ' you have made the mistake of calling Clapham Junction, Clapham.
Consider yourself told . :D

*adopts Bernard Matthews accent*

Arrr...we don't know about all thaaat in the provinces

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
*sigh*

Thanks SO much for clearing that up.

:rolleyes:
This is a forum where people get uptight about how people refer to the north laine/s , or the palace/Brighton pier , I'm perfectly justified in correcting something that is a far greater mistake, clapham is a mile and a half away from clapham junction, which is in battersea, and the locals round there of which I used to be one , are heartily pissed off with yuppie blow ins telling them they now live in clapham rather than battersea, because its trendier to say so.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is a forum where people get uptight about how people refer to the north laine/s , or the palace/Brighton pier , I'm perfectly justified in correcting something that is a far greater mistake, clapham is a mile and a half away from clapham junction, which is in battersea, and the locals round there of which I used to be one , are heartily pissed off with yuppie blow ins telling them they now live in clapham rather than battersea, because its trendier to say so.

This is a forum where SOME people get uptight about Lanes / Laines / Palace Pier / Brighton Pier / Clapham / Clapham Junction. Personally I couldn't give a flying cluck at a rolling donut. Lifes too short.

Except Houghton.

That irritates the hell out of me.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Unbelievable :lol:
That told you Easy 10. You thought you were sooooo trendy with your Clapham this, Clapham that, you YUPPIE!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Unbelievable :lol:
That told you Easy 10. You thought you were sooooo trendy with your Clapham this, Clapham that, you YUPPIE!

yuppie.jpg

Ok, yah...must dash. I'm meeting Imogen for a skinny latte in Baaahtersea xx

Ciao

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
There isn't one , there may be a train to Clapham JUNCTION though.

That was the problem --- no trains to the junction.
We ended up walking to the underground to get to Victoria.
Sorry I missed a word out while yomping fecking miles around Brentford.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
That was the problem --- no trains to the junction.
We ended up walking to the underground to get to Victoria.
Sorry I missed a word out while yomping fecking miles around Brentford.

It took longer to get from Brentford to Clapham JUNCTION than the journey from Clapham JUNCTION to Lewes.
I'm sure the announcement on the train changed every time, there was more than one excuse for being held up on that train.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
This is a forum where SOME people get uptight about Lanes / Laines / Palace Pier / Brighton Pier / Clapham / Clapham Junction. Personally I couldn't give a flying cluck at a rolling donut. Lifes too short.

Except Houghton.

That irritates the hell out of me.

I have come to terms with Brighton pier now it's the only one left. It's "city" that drives me nuts on here, I can honestly think of no one who refers to Brighton as a city in conversation, in real life.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I have come to terms with Brighton pier now it's the only one left. It's "city" that drives me nuts on here, I can honestly think of no one who refers to Brighton as a city in conversation, in real life.

I live in Hove but in the context of talking about Brighton and Hove in combination I refer to it as a city. Sorry and all that.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I live in Hove but in the context of talking about Brighton and Hove in combination I refer to it as a city. Sorry and all that.

That's ok. You have to admit that as everyone in real life from Brighton calls it a town, it does seem fairly mental though. Can you imagine sitting in the pub and saying, let's go into the city? No one would know what you meant, unless you were planning on going to Chichester.

And let's face it no one in the history of brighton has said, let's go to hove.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here