Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three way rivalries

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
You didn't do a very good job of hating Brighton last time I saw you, Mr P. :)

Obviously I was up for kicking your head in but the others just didn't want to know. :shrug:

Do you think I would have bothered to turn up if it was Charlton or Millwall? :kiss:

I wouldn't have missed it - or meeting you lot - for the world.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
I've got a few Arsenal supporting mates who admit to detesting Chelsea more than Spurs because Spurs have been an irrelevance to them for 20 years.

I think those three are as close to a proper three way rivalry as we can find, except possibly the Didcot triangle.

also know quite a few Tottenham fans who hate Chelsea more than Arsenal

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
West Brom and Wolves have a deep mutual loathing, but also both dislike Villa. It gets more complicated when you throw in Birm City though.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
West Brom and Wolves have a deep mutual loathing, but also both dislike Villa. It gets more complicated when you throw in Birm City though.

From colleagues here at work it goes like this:

West Brom and Birmingham City actually quite like each other
West Brom hate Wolves
West Brom, Wolves and Birmingham City all hate Villa
Wallsall hate Wolves and West Brom but get on with Birmingham City and Villa

I think that's what they all said!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
What about Portsmouth Southampton and AFC Bournemouth do they dislike each other?
First one that popped up in my head, although I imagine Bournemouth as the little kid jumping up and down inbetween two adults (Saints & Pompey) trying to disrupt them from a staring contest.

Another example of three league clubs in a county would be Colchester, Southend & Dagenham. But I'm not sure how much Daggers are hated, considering they are essentially a non-league side, or have been for most their history.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Chelsea/Man U/Liverpool

I went to a Chelsea v Liverpool game a couple of years ago and was surprised by the apparent dislike between the two sets of supporters.

You're right, it's very strong, particularly from Liverpool. There's a lot going on there - new money v old tradition, north v south, Chelsea's desperate European ambitions v Liverpool's five pots, several grudge Champions League defeats for Liverpool, and Chelsea helping relegate Liverpool to a domestic irrelevance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here