Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three men have been sentenced for raping a 19-year old at a house party in Brighton..

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Why is it a shame? The streets are safer without them strolling about.

Talking of safe streets, WTF is going on in the UK these days?

I just read of two completely unprovoked attacks on a single person one in Brighton and one in Pulborough statio. For the station one they arrested some kids and bailed them.
Perhaps a month or two on remand would sort them out and see how hard they really are.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Why is it a shame? The streets are safer without them strolling about.

Talking of safe streets, WTF is going on in the UK these days?

I just read of two completely unprovoked attacks on a single person one in Brighton and one in Pulborough statio. For the station one they arrested some kids and bailed them.

Perhaps a month or two on remand would sort them out and see how hard they really are.

I know innocent until proven guilty and all that.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I will never understand how this sort of thing could even crop up in a conversation between these men. One person is absolutely disgusting but for there to also be two others, who also agree it's a good idea...it's just unthinkable.

Oh Im sure the words kafir and slut cropped up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
All prison sentences over 12 months serve half in prison and half on license
That doesn't seem to be correct:

If your sentence is less than 1 year long:
You will be released half way through with no licence (unless you are under 21).

If your sentence is more than
1 year and less than 4 years long:
You will be released when you have served half your sentence.
When this happens, you have to see someone from probation who will make sure you are keeping to the rules in your licence.
Your licence ends at three quartersof the way through your sentence.

If your sentence is more
than 4 years long:
You can apply for parole when you have served half your sentence.
If you get parole, someone from the probation service will keep checking on you after you are released.
If you do not get parole, you may be able to apply again every year unless you have less than 13 months left to serve in prison.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
That doesn't seem to be correct:

If your sentence is less than 1 year long:
You will be released half way through with no licence (unless you are under 21).

If your sentence is more than
1 year and less than 4 years long:
You will be released when you have served half your sentence.
When this happens, you have to see someone from probation who will make sure you are keeping to the rules in your licence.
Your licence ends at three quartersof the way through your sentence.

If your sentence is more
than 4 years long:
You can apply for parole when you have served half your sentence.
If you get parole, someone from the probation service will keep checking on you after you are released.
If you do not get parole, you may be able to apply again every year unless you have less than 13 months left to serve in prison.

Well .. this is what gov.uk says:

If the sentence is for 12 months or more
For prison sentences of 12 months or more the person spends the first half of the sentence in prison and the second half in the community ‘on licence’.

If they break any licence conditions - eg they commit another crime - they could go back to prison.

Even so, if you still can be granted parole halfway through a 4+ year sentence, what I said still stands.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Even so, if you still can be granted parole halfway through a 4+ year sentence, what I said still stands.
I don't know the law, I'm looking it up - but if you need to be granted parole, and there's no guarantee you will be, then no, what you said doesn't stand, as not all sentences over 12 months serve half in prison and half on license. Life sentences are over 12 months too and I don't think it's always the case that you only serve half of those in prison.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I don't know the law, I'm looking it up - but if you need to be granted parole, and there's no guarantee you will be, then no, what you said doesn't stand, as not all sentences over 12 months serve half in prison and half on license. Life sentences are over 12 months too and I don't think it's always the case that you only serve half of those in prison.

Not sure why you're being so pedantic, I was going from information from the official government website, perhaps it should be more clear.

https://www.gov.uk/types-of-prison-sentence/determinate-prison-sentences-fixed-length-of-time

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not sure why you're being so pedantic, I was going from information from the official government website, perhaps it should be more clear.

https://www.gov.uk/types-of-prison-sentence/determinate-prison-sentences-fixed-length-of-time
I looked that up when you said it was on gov.uk, and it certainly makes it look like prisoners don't even need to apply for parole. When I first searched it this is what I found:
http://www.prisonreformtrust.org.uk...orking out how long you will be in prison.pdf

The reason I asked in the first place is because I know someone whose brother served about 8 years in prison for attempted murder (he was with some other youths who stabbed someone, and he didn't try to stop them), and he served more than half the sentence. I asked why he didn't only have to do half, and he said because you don't serve only half when the sentence is over 4 years.

Jan 30, 2008
Three men have been sentenced for raping a 19-year old woman during a house party in Brighton.

Rani Mishrigi, 25, a doorman, of Hangleton Manor Close, Hove; Kurlos Ramzi, 25, unemployed, of Flint Close, Portslade; and Hany Mohamed, 26, unemployed, of Regency Square, Brighton, were sentenced at Hove Crown Court today.
Mishrigi was sentenced to six years, Mohamed was sentenced to nine years, and Ramzi was sentenced to seven years.
They will also be registered sex offenders for life.
They had all been found guilty after a two week trial at the same Court in March this year.

The incident happened on 26 July 2013 when the Brighton woman, now 21, was raped at the party, which took place at a flat in New England Road then occupied by Mohamed.
Detective Constable Brad Lozynski said; "This young woman was a guest at the party, and when the three defendants saw that she was in a vulnerable state through drink, they each decided to take advantage of the opportunity to have sex with her, which she was clearly in no state to consent to.
"At the trial they all maintained that she had consented, but her testimony and supporting forensic evidence was compelling, and the jury saw through their lies.
"This case reinforces the message that we will always take such reports seriously and will fully investigate, and that consent to any sexual activity must be shown to be fully and freely agreed to by everyone involved."

Words fail me.... apart from Scum....
foreigners, two who were unemployed ............enough said
regards
DR

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Three men have been sentenced for raping a 19-year old woman during a house party in Brighton.

Rani Mishrigi, 25, a doorman, of Hangleton Manor Close, Hove; Kurlos Ramzi, 25, unemployed, of Flint Close, Portslade; and Hany Mohamed, 26, unemployed, of Regency Square, Brighton, were sentenced at Hove Crown Court today.
Mishrigi was sentenced to six years, Mohamed was sentenced to nine years, and Ramzi was sentenced to seven years.
They will also be registered sex offenders for life.
They had all been found guilty after a two week trial at the same Court in March this year.

The incident happened on 26 July 2013 when the Brighton woman, now 21, was raped at the party, which took place at a flat in New England Road then occupied by Mohamed.
Detective Constable Brad Lozynski said; "This young woman was a guest at the party, and when the three defendants saw that she was in a vulnerable state through drink, they each decided to take advantage of the opportunity to have sex with her, which she was clearly in no state to consent to.
"At the trial they all maintained that she had consented, but her testimony and supporting forensic evidence was compelling, and the jury saw through their lies.
"This case reinforces the message that we will always take such reports seriously and will fully investigate, and that consent to any sexual activity must be shown to be fully and freely agreed to by everyone involved."

Words fail me.... apart from Scum....

foreigners, two who were unemployed ............enough said
regards
DR

Am I missing something here das, or does it say the three guilty parties are foreign? Or is that based entirely on their names?

What about the Detective Constable quoted? Is he a foreigner, too?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
yep you're not defending them are you ???
regards
DR

Of course I'm not defending them you clown. They are clearly utter scum. I'm merely questioning your description of 'foreigners' that's all.

They are scum because they are scum, not because they have foreign names.

As pointed out, the Detective's name is every bit as foreign as the guilty men. You don't appear to reference HIS heritage.

Jan 30, 2008
Of course I'm not defending them you clown. They are clearly utter scum. I'm merely questioning your description of 'foreigners' that's all.

They are scum because they are scum, not because they have foreign names.

As pointed out, the Detective's name is every bit as foreign as the guilty men. You don't appear to reference HIS heritage.
why would I he didn't commit the crime , you clearly ARE defending them , shame on you !!!!!
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here