Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three days On

Albion Rob

The fact that the majority of our side isn't quite good enough was always going to come to bear over a 46 game season.

I think the thing we need to hope for is that the players' confidence has not been shot to pieces by this run and that they will go in to pre season and next season with renewed hope.

I think we will do well in League One, should we go down. The whole division seems a bit of a muchness but as out lads are so young, it is imperative we get a good start - -it was our blistering start last time that got us into the playoffs because we had a pretty dire run around Xmas.

Still it's football and the boys could confound us - a win on Saturday and a defaet for Sheff Wed and Millwall and suddenly we'd be the ones with the impetus and they would be the ones looking over their shoulders.

Put it this way - if we were Sheff Wed, would we be planning our trip to Sunderland already?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I shall just mention my mates text message to me after the game:

"Dont let score decive you. That was f***ing INEPT, useless xxxxs, if that twat of a boss has nerve to say we can still stay up I'll have a big poo on his head, f***ing awful, no shots, cant pass , no passion + so slow".

And this is from someone who isnt really against Magoo and has been going since 1984.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
I shall just mention my mates text message to me after the game:

"Dont let score decive you. That was f***ing INEPT, useless xxxxs, if that twat of a boss has nerve to say we can still stay up I'll have a big poo on his head, f***ing awful, no shots, cant pass , no passion + so slow".

And this is from someone who isnt really against Magoo and has been going since 1984.

how could it be that bad? we got a point away to mid table team. We've played really well at times this season and have got nothing, il take the points over the performance any day of the week!

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Saturday was so depressing. I also went there full of optimism and hope that we could get a win and at least claw back some points. I have to say on that performance we will be lucky to do anything at all in L1.

Im an optimistic kinda bloke, but i have to say we are mullered. On this showing the fight has gone and we might as well start thinking about a trip to Bristol shitty next season.
Why oh why with so much at stake were we so poor? lack of confidence, pressure whatever i dont know, but what a truely awful game / performance.

I havent come away from an away game feeling that low for ages.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yoda said:
The only possitive i took at half time was that we would have the wind behind us in the sencond half.
The one positive I took at half time was the knowledge that I'd be back in the pub in about an hour, and could get to work on forgetting that miserable excuse of a "performance" the lads managed to serve up for the travelling fans, once again.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
I thought we started the season brightly, playing some nice football at Derby and then in patches for a long while after. I thought we would be mid-table. Not scoring held us down and only a few goals from Hammond and Knight kept us going.

Looking at the team on Saturday - no physicality, no effort, no skill, no passing (except Dodd when he came on). Does the manager take no responsibility for that? Soooo diasppointing.

We may not like all of them, but Knight, Kuipers and MacCammon could all add something to this team, as could Reid. What we have been left with is a team without talent, and that is not all down to Withdean. I am not even sure I trust Mchee that El Turi is not worth trying - anything is better than our forward line - ANYTHING!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Dr Bandler said:
Looking at the team on Saturday - no physicality, no effort, no skill, no passing (except Dodd when he came on). Does the manager take no responsibility for that?

Apparently he does not.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dr Bandler said:

Looking at the team on Saturday - no physicality, no effort, no skill, no passing (except Dodd when he came on). Does the manager take no responsibility for that? Soooo diasppointing.

No he doesnt. Its everyone else like the ref, the opposition players, the fact that we can beat mid table teams for 80 mins etc

westy

Jul 25, 2003
gerbil said:
Haven't you been since Xmas????

Yea I have, it just seemed that our last chance was slipping away infront of our eyes on saturday. Worst of all the players didnt seem want to /were not able to do anything about it. Thats why i came away so low...

Very depressing.

We will need a few wins pre season to get some confidence back otherwise next season in L1 will be a struggle to i fear....

Last edited:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
My opinion hasn't changed since the match. We were cack, end of.
Most frustrating was the delivery of the set plays, which as we can't pass the ball are probably our best opportunity to score a goal. They were so poor I found myself missing Watto's magic left.
Chippy is a shadow of his former self and needs to be dropped. His afternoon was summed up in one momment when he sliced a shot backwards.

Albion Rob

I feel really bad for Chippy as he has been a real lynchpin for the last six seasons and everytime he has looked to be down and out he has come back even better. This time he just seems to be stuck in a rut of abysmal form and can't get out of it - maybe the knees have gone.

I hope he proves us all wrong once again and maybe if we are a division lower next season he might but at the moment, you have to say, if Oatway was fit he would probably start over Chippy.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Problems all over the pitch, but none more so than across the back. What exactly was the thinking behind playing El Abd at leftback, and Hinsh at rightback ?

No, seriously, what WAS the thinking behind that ?

Last edited:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
westy said:
Yea I have, it just seemed that our last chance was slipping away infront of our eyes on saturday. Worst of all the players didnt seem want to /were not able to do anything about it. Thats why i came away so low...

Very depressing.

We will need a few wins pre season to get some confidence back otherwise next season in L1 will be a struggle to i fear....

Don't worry about next season in "tier 3".

We've got LOADS for the future :rolleyes:

Dies Irae said:
Is anyone still of the opinion that we were truly dreadful at QPR on Saturday?

I am.

I have tried to be positive about the result, but I cant. We were truly shite.

What made it worst is that Sheff Wednesday, who everyone thinks we will turn over no problem ( Millwall Boxing Day?????) beat a team we should have been mullered by if they had had a bit of luck in the first half...Preston.

We are meekly sliding out of this division without a fight....Its Crap!!!

If we were as bad as you say, an in-form QPR side would have taken us to the cleaners. But that never happened - maybe in yer depressed fantasies, but not in reality.

We never gave up (unlike some of our so-called fans posting on the "Official" thread) and got an equaliser thanks to weight of pressure in their half, QPR's mistakes and McGhee's tactical substitutions.

Preston were without Nugent and are having problems scoring as we saw at Withdean.

And Dave, if you're checking in with a bit of glory-hunting at London Irish, I guess that makes sense as we are having a good season.

But I warn you from my own hard experience, that London Irish have not given their fans more to shout about than Dick Knight's Brighton over the last few years :)

Easy 10 said:
Problems all over the pitch, but none more so than across the back. What exactly was the thinking behind playing El Abd at leftback, and Hinsh at rightback ?

No, seriously, what WAS the thinking behind that ?
Lynch was not fit to start. Hinsh was one of our better players on Saturday, especially when he moved over to the left to snuff out Ainsworth.

Last edited:

Albion Rob said:
I feel really bad for Chippy as he has been a real lynchpin for the last six seasons and everytime he has looked to be down and out he has come back even better. This time he just seems to be stuck in a rut of abysmal form and can't get out of it - maybe the knees have gone.

I hope he proves us all wrong once again and maybe if we are a division lower next season he might but at the moment, you have to say, if Oatway was fit he would probably start over Chippy.

I reckon if Oatway was fit, he would probably start instead of Frutos, not Chippy.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: Three days On

London Irish said:
We never gave up (unlike some of our so-called fans posting on the "Official" thread) and got an equaliser thanks to weight of pressure in their half, QPR's mistakes and McGhee's tactical substitutions.
"Not giving up" is the very least we should expect of the team. You say this as though they're doing us a favour by continuing to try to score. They're paid professionals for christs sake -they'll be taking a paycut for getting relegated, so "not giving up" is probably the most minimum thing that they can deliver right now.

McGhee's substitutions largely constitued trying to put right what he'd got wrong in his starting line up (one down by then and chasing the game of course, but thats par for the course I suppose).

As for "weight of pressure in their half" - I'm not sure if you typed that with a straight face. Down to 10 men for 40 minutes, and we didn't manage one effort on goal. Didn't force one save from their keeper. Didn't manage one dangerous cross. Sorry, but I don't call 2 or 3 passes across the pitch 50 yards out before pumping it onto Shittu's head "pressure" in their half.

It was rank. It was putrid. Is was dismal. It was depressing. And its quite insulting to the intelligence to try to tell anyone who was at that game otherwise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here