Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three days On

The Large One said:
Anyone else here of the opinion that QPR were pretty awful as well?
I think their recent record speaks for itself, I thought they looked good, well organised and with threat down the flanks, but without Furlong they do lack penetration up front though. When down to ten men, they blinked a bit and let us in, but if I was a QPR fan I'd be happy that they have the basis of a squad to compete at that level for a few more years. They are currently where hopefully we'll be in about 5 or 10 years' time.

Re: Re: Re: Three days On

Easy 10 said:
"It was rank. It was putrid. Is was dismal. It was depressing. And its quite insulting to the intelligence to try to tell anyone who was at that game otherwise.

That I'm afraid is what passes for NSC reality, Easy - over the top garbage. The truth is never that extreme but it seems to suit the manner of debate on here to pretend it is.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
London Irish said:
I think their recent record speaks for itself, I thought they looked good, well organised and with threat down the flanks, but without Furlong they do lack penetration up front though. When down to ten men, they blinked a bit and let us in, but if I was a QPR fan I'd be happy that they have the basis of a squad to compete at that level for a few more years. They are currently where hopefully we'll be in about 5 or 10 years' time.

If it takes us 10 years to become as good as QPR we may as well throw in the towel now

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Re: Re: Re: Re: Three days On

London Irish said:
That I'm afraid is what passes for NSC reality, Easy - over the top garbage. The truth is never that extreme but it seems to suit the manner of debate on here to pretend it is.

I agree with this, I still think it was a good point, so many times weve played pretty stuff this season and have not picked up points, it's a shame we couldn't have scrapped out a few more ugly points this season.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Kinky Gerbils said:
Brighton are a very poor team lacking any ideas
We're not that good, stop kidding yourself.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: Re: Re: Three days On

London Irish said:
Its not just NSC reality though LI - the fans around us at the ground and in the pubs afterwards were just as downbeat about the display. In fact some of the personal stuff I heard shouted at the players on the day was worse than some of the stuff on here, so its stretching a point to claim that this is all just another over-the-top NSC slagfest.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Sadly,could not get to game,and disappointed with the result.
Every time I see that our opponents have scored,I sense that that's it.

We are a lightweight team and we have no goalscorers on our books.

And it does look as if we need 5 wins from our last 7 games to be in with a chance,and since we've only won 5 out of 39 I expect you could get a very good price @ the bookies.

It aint dark yet,but its getting there!

Even so,I've been watching for 58 years and have come to expect the downs as well as the ups.Its more exciting and interesting than mid tabling it every year,and I'm sooo pleased I wasn't born in Middlesbrough!

dwayne said:
If it takes us 10 years to become as good as QPR we may as well throw in the towel now
Progress in football is a slow and steady thing, and that counts a hundred-fold for us given our unique situation - if it's not worth waiting for, it's not worth having. Cheer up, at least you have Chelsea for your instant masturbatory self-gratification :wave: and let's hope you can groom 1066 to cum with you as well.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
London Irish said:
Progress in football is a slow and steady thing, and that counts a hundred-fold for us given our unique situation - if it's not worth waiting for, it's not worth having. Cheer up, at least you have Chelsea for your instant masturbatory self-gratification :wave: and let's hope you can groom 1066 to cum with you as well.

errr a few years ago we were in the division above QPR, right?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Three days On

Easy 10 said:
Its not just NSC reality though LI - the fans around us at the ground and in the pubs afterwards were just as downbeat about the display. In fact some of the personal stuff I heard shouted at the players on the day was worse than some of the stuff on here, so its stretching a point to claim that this is all just another over-the-top NSC slagfest.
I think the depth of disappointment was more down to the Wendy result. If they had lost and we had cut their lead, I think the mood would have been a little different.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Three days On

London Irish said:
I think the depth of disappointment was more down to the Wendy result. If they had lost and we had cut their lead, I think the mood would have been a little different.

agreed, again!

If wendy had lost OR if Loft had scored the shot at the death, it still would have been an average performance but everyone would have been a lot happier!

dwayne said:
errr a few years ago we were in the division above QPR, right?

Very briefly, yes, they were going through a lull and we were going through one of our highs. But the foundations are what is important in the medium- to long-term and it was almost inevitable that there would be a correction, we've done well to put it off for so long.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Three days On

dwayne said:
agreed, again!

If wendy had lost OR if Loft had scored the shot at the death, it still would have been an average performance but everyone would have been a lot happier!
If that had happened, McGhee would have been back to 70% approval on here. Instantly.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Three days On

London Irish said:

You dont stay up by relying on other teams tho, do you ?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The performance Saturday was really bad, possibly the worst I have seen all season, as agreed by everyone in the pub after the game.

We really have got progressivly worse and are now paying for all the draws that should have been wins early in the season, as I predicted.

Anyone who thought we were ok must have gone to the wrong ground and watched some other game.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm beginning to think I must have been in some kind of parrallel universe to LI, watching a different Albion against a different QPR. At LI's match we had a manager making some astute tactical changes against a useful in-form team, which saw us applying relentless pressure that eventually resulted in an inevitable and thoroughly deserved equaliser. The fans at LI's game were only pissed off when they heard that Wednesday had won.

The game I was at saw a desperately disjointed and limp performance, once again hampered by players out of position, against a decidedly below-average team with nothing to play for. Were eventually handed a point by a comical own goal once we'd managed to gain a little more possession through a numerical advantage. The fans I was amongst were exhasperated at the ineptitude of our all-round play.

Hey, always a game of opinions though.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Easy 10 said:

The game I was at saw a desperately disjointed and limp performance, once again hampered by players out of position, against a decidedly below-average team with nothing to play for. Were eventually handed a point by a comical own goal once we'd managed to gain a little more possession through a numerical advantage. The fans I was amongst were exasperated at the ineptitude of our all-round play.

I could not afford to go, and was completing DIY whilst listening to the radio. Easy 10 once again has put the point across in a far more eloquent manner than I can.

For anyone that is in doubt how dire we were please listen to the commentary if you can. We sounded absolutely unskilled and clueless, all match, even against ten men.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Lets be honest, we could have played for 5 hours and not scored a goal from one of our own players, and the only reason we put any pressure on them was that Gallen decided he wanted to give us a one man advantage.

I could give a toss about the Wendy result, we were GARBAGE, and even if theyd lost Id have no confidence we were going to stay up.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
London Irish said:

Very generous fella.

I thought you looked a bit lightweight, especially in the first half ... not able to cope with some of the tackling in midfield, not able to create anything up front.

Imho Butters & McShane looked ok although it was against Gallen & Nygaard, neither of them being fully fit (I almost said fighting fit!). Butters looks like he's shed a few pounds since Boxing Day.

I though Carpenter was very poor, expected more from him. El Abd getting roasted by Gallen (31) and later on Milanese (34) is not good.

Bizarrest thing of all was McGhee taking off your best 2 players ... Carole & Frutos. Apart from Bignot, they were the only 2 that looked capable of creating a chance.

Sadly I think you're going down. Look on the positives ... a season at the next level down means Butters should be able to continue a bit longer ... I know he's lacking in pace but he's very good in the air and an experienced pro so will help the youngsters improve. A season at that level might also help the younger players come on a bit.

SussexHoop said:
Bizarrest thing of all was McGhee taking off your best 2 players ... Carole & Frutos.
That was not unrelated to your earlier about about us being lightweight in midfield. Hart was more effective on the flanks for that type of scrap and the changes toughened our defensive shape up a lot - in particular, your flank players were never as effective as they had been in the first half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here