Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three candidates still in the race

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It would be nice if the new manager keeps Dean White on to prove to all those who seem to think they know exactly what goes on in the day to day workings of the football club that they know nothing about his qualities as a coach/assistant.

... and his contacts in the game

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Might go back to being Reserve Team Manager or get involved in the youth set-up.

Doubt he'll be involved in the youth as Hinsh and Vic Bragg have that covered but Reserve Team Manager is certainly a possibility.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It would be nice if the new manager keeps Dean White on to prove to all those who seem to think they know exactly what goes on in the day to day workings of the football club that they know nothing about his qualities as a coach/assistant.

If Gannon (or whoever) wants to keep White and Booker on then fine - as long as its HIS decision, and not Dick Knight telling him its a provision / requirement if he accepts the job.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
If Gannon (or whoever) wants to keep White and Booker on then fine - as long as its HIS decision, and not Dick Knight telling him its a provision / requirement if he accepts the job.
Interesting to hear that Gannon would have been a team mate of Bob Booker at Sheff U, he might not leave after all.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Absolutely agree. Keeping those two on must not be a deal breaker (for any new manager).

However I fear we will never know if thats the case or not.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
If Micky Adams had been getting 4 points out of 6 he wouldn't have been sacked. Dean White has done a good job.

Well said that man.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Gannon and Boothroyd certainly but the third one is more likely White (normal form in any business if only out of courtesy to a current employee)

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I don't get where all this "You must keep white and booker in your setup" during negotitations came from? I don't get where people are getting their information from when they say they are good friends of Dick Knight? And I really don't get what they've done so wrong?

Honestly this season, it's been so frustrating listening to some of the morons post on these forums, starting these "snowball" threads where people jump on the bandwagon. Due to the media coverage this website receives from the local paper and radio this then gets converted to an unfairly biased opinion of the fans which has an actual effect on the club!

I really do believe we have been unlucky this season. I think Micky did make some awful tactical moves, but I also think that if a couple of things had paid off, if he was allowed to stay and manage the new players he brought in, if quite a few factors had worked out differently the outcome would have completely changed. But some of the comments on here about Micky, the coaching staff, the players, the chairman- about pretty much every aspect of the club, alot of which is pure speculation has been bang out of order. Perhaps some posters should look up from their football manager screens, get behind whoevers in charge and whoevers playing and unite as a club. Be happy we still exist. Over the last 10 years, heck over brighton's history there have been many darker days.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
the-three-stooges-2.bmp

Lets hope they can come to some arangement and not squabble over whos in charge

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We had 30 applications? Surely it is quite easy to run it down to a three horse race. There are plenty of desperate (wannabe)managers out there.

On SCR after the game last night, DK said he'd had 30 applicants the previous morning when interviewed by the Argus but by tuesday evening that had raised to 40.

Which is quite the response to all those people that said "we can't get rid of micky, who'd want the job?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here