Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three candidates still in the race

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
No way could that useless **** have coloured in his application in just three days. I fcking hate him and I cannot believe we got rid of MA and kept this prick. If Dean White is the next manager..............

.......................well I fcking give up

If Micky Adams had been getting 4 points out of 6 he wouldn't have been sacked. Dean White has done a good job.

So he has already dismissed 27 cv's? Good to see knight understands a sensible recruitment policy after the adams debacle...
He's also rejected Harty's suggestion of a swimsuit parade.

Incidentally ... my experience of recruitment has at least taught me that when you get 30 CVs, you don't interview all 30 people.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Harsh. He works very hard for the club. I don't see why he has been made a scapegoat in the whole of this. Do we have any evidence that he is as useless as some posters make him out to be?

Like i said before, I feel sorry for him. I thought that the interview he gave was good and what i wanted to hear from the man in charge - 'we did this right we got this wrong.'

Just like people wanted Micky to do. Sometimes people are never happy.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I thought the game changed when carole came on...what was White on about?

I have a horrible feeling that our failure to get another 2 points at home was the first nail in the lid of relegation.

crewe is an absolute MUST win

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
What's mad about interviewing three candidates? It's only got out who one of them is because Stockport chose to go public. Seems a perfectly normal and sensible way to go about recruiting a new manager to me.
No, this managerial race held while Dick sits in the centre circle on a throne held on the shoulders of Martin Perry and Ken Brown is utterly crazy. He has lost the plot big time.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Obviously Stockport have accepted a compensation package and it a question of negotiating Gannon's new contract. I can't see him going back to Stockport after an interview. It makes sense for DK to say there are three candidates but I anticipate Gannon being offered the job Thursday morning and hopefully accepting . fingers crossed for me it will be the most exciting appointment since Steve' superbrain' Coppell

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
its all absolute crap, theres only one target, and its Jim Gannon. If he thinks he's the only one shortlisted for the job, then he will request an absolute shit load of money. When Dick Knight says there is more than one, it leaves Gannon on his toes and poised to accept what is offered at the meeting.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I got the impression that DK wasn't ruling out more applications arriving and hence possibly more interviews depending on the quality of applicant.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
No way could that useless **** have coloured in his application in just three days. I fcking hate him and I cannot believe we got rid of MA and kept this prick. If Dean White is the next manager..............

.......................well I fcking give up

I would want him to leave, but to say you hate him, unless you have met him (which I doubt) you have no reason to hate him.

Pathetic.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Stockport played Col U tonight, did JG do a 'thanks for everything I'm off' clap at the end I wonder?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'd like Dean White to stay involved to be honest. Think he's often criticised unfairly on here.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
It would be nice if the new manager keeps Dean White on to prove to all those who seem to think they know exactly what goes on in the day to day workings of the football club that they know nothing about his qualities as a coach/assistant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here