Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three best forwards you ever saw

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Here I am talking about the lower divisions, ie Div 3 South & North and later Div 1 & 2.

For me it was; Peter Ward B&HA, Robin Friday Reading & Don Rogers Swindon, all 3 legends in their own right.

SUPPORTING brighton since 1948 and still going strong

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Who was the forward at Brizzle Rovers late 70's. Very skilful. I think it was Peter Randall? Not sure, but he was good.
Wardy, obviously.
Don Rogers.

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
peter ward obviously
Bannister/warboys-bristol rovers
dixie mcneil(i think that was the guys name!)-cant remember if he played for Hereford
or Wrexham!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Great to see the legendary Bannister and Warboys partnership get a mention.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Bobby Zamora
Dean Ashton
Marco Gabbiadini (FLAIR hattrick for Darlington against us in that AWFUL 4-0 :( )

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
A bit leftfield these, but with the caveat that they were seen live by me regularly, rather than just on telly, I'd say;
Richard Cadette at Southend (my family live there), he was scary for a while....
Tony Cottee at West Ham (I used to hang out with the wrong crowsd in Southend), an arch poacher....
and from an Albion perspective I only saw the tail end of Peter Ward, never saw Zamora so inbetween from all my Albion games I reckon Sergei Gotsmanov was the best but he only played a dozen or so times (all class every time I saw him though).

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
At Withdean

Gabbiadini ALWAYS scored against Brighton not sure he was the best though as it was rather annoying

Knight
Teddy Sheringham
Zamora

While watching Spurs
Berbs
Defoe
Torres

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here