Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three best forwards you ever saw

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
The best have already been mentioned but 3 other Albion how about Mike Small, Kurt nogan & Willie Irvine?

goalscoresers we loved to hate, malcolm mcdonald, ted McDougal, dixie mcniel, even mcgliesh. Bristol rovers/torquay had Jimmy Fryatt, anyone know if he is related to the current leicester player?

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
If you can include the Championship then I will go with Johnson, Harewood and Lester for Forest in the same game at the City Ground... I have never seen a strikeforce rip a team to shreds the way they did for 70 mins that night to go 3-0 up (It wasn't that we were bad, they were fantastic) - weird thing is we could have snatched a point had it gone on for 5 mins more!! Also notable for a Nathan Jones screamer...

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
If this is correct Bobby Smiths goalscoring record is incredible:

1950-1955 Chelsea 74 (23)
1955-1964 Tottenham Hotspur 271 (176)
1964-1965 Brighton & Hove Albion 31 (19)

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
The best have already been mentioned but 3 other Albion how about Mike Small, Kurt nogan & Willie Irvine?

goalscoresers we loved to hate, malcolm mcdonald, ted McDougal, dixie mcniel, even mcgliesh. Bristol rovers/torquay had Jimmy Fryatt, anyone know if he is related to the current leicester player?
ahh, Kurt Nogan, I for one will never forget yelling "no no, no no no no, no no no no, no no no no NOGAN" from the North Stand along with the rest of ya each time he scored (which for a while was pretty often)....
:thumbsup:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If you can include the Championship then I will go with Johnson, Harewood and Lester for Forest in the same game at the City Ground... I have never seen a strikeforce rip a team to shreds the way they did for 70 mins that night to go 3-0 up (It wasn't that we were bad, they were fantastic) - weird thing is we could have snatched a point had it gone on for 5 mins more!! Also notable for a Nathan Jones screamer...

Pethic was feeble that night, he was at fault for two of thos goals, Jonahs goal was rather special

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Nogan is definitely worth a mention, as possibly is Kevin Bremmner who matched Nelson goal for goal for the first half of the 87/88 season.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Shaun Goater - think he played for Rotherham against us at the Goldstone

Tommy Tynan - archetypal lower league goalscorer

Marco Gabbiadini - for that hat-trick at Priestfield

Did Luther Blissett play against us when he was at Bournemouth?

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
If this is correct Bobby Smiths goalscoring record is incredible:

1950-1955 Chelsea 74 (23)
1955-1964 Tottenham Hotspur 271 (176)
1964-1965 Brighton & Hove Albion 31 (19)

Bobby Smith was a class act...barrel-chested and utterly fearless and not without skill. He led the line for Spurs and England with distinction and was arguably the Country's top centre-forward in the early 60's.
His one weakness was gambling and he got himself in such trouble at Tottenham that BHA paid off all his debts as part of the amazing deal that saw him drop down 4 divisions in one move.
Although he was clearly on the slide, he was still a class apart in that famous 1964-65 season. As a young lad standing behind the North goal, I watched, close-up, as he hung in the air, to head in a cross. Then, at the last split-second, he pulled his head away and allowed Wally Gould a free header, behind him.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Has anybody here seen Jimmy Greaves 'live' in his heyday?

He was just about the greatest goalscorer and Wardy was of the same ilk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here