Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

thread for all of us eating humble pie

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I thought we were down, and will gladly eat a LARGE slice of humble pie!:thumbsup:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Not only did I think we were down long ago, but I was also unimpressed when Russell got the job.

Fair play - he's worked wonders. :clap:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Had a huge amount of faith but then came the Swindon game and its fair to say I waned quite abit but the away results straight after restored the hope

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
After the Swindon game, I gave a resigned sigh and steeled myself for life in the bottom division. I would now like to offer my home,wife and children to The Great Egg as an apology for lacking faith in his ability:p

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I thought it was game over at Orient away.. we were so unlucky not to win and then they go and punish us twice and we took nothing. I thought thats the kind of luck that relegates a team! Good job RS and DK!

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
I have to admit i was one of those that had given up hope,

Humble%20pie.jpg

I stand corrected.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I am standing in line for that pie too !!
I gave up in the face of the dire football and the lack of effort.
Thankfully DK gave Adams his marching orders and out of the west rode Russell Slade on a great white charger to save us from relegation. He needs to be given a contract so he can start chucking out the dead wood now. We need to keep Dicker and Owusu and play players in their right position - how difficult is that to understand ?
I am so glad to have been proved wrong !!!

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I predicted as long ago as November that we were a relegation side. Team selection was bewildering, tactics were a total puzzlement and the lack of commitmemt from Adams and players was very worrying. After the Orient game I did say we were no longer playing like a relegation side. There was a belief and team spirit suddenly to behold. However I thought then that we had left it too late to turn matters around. I gladly admit I was very wrong.

I predicted as long ago as November that we were a relegation side. Team selection was bewildering, tactics were a total puzzlement and the lack of commitmemt from Adams and players was very worrying. After the Orient game I did say we were no longer playing like a relegation side. There was a belief and team spirit suddenly to behold. However I thought then that we had left it too late to turn matters around. I gladly admit I was very wrong.

You were not "very wrong" now were you? It was decided on the final day, after an unprecedented and unexpected run of results.
I'd say it was touch and go - and not something anyone would be advised to put their money on.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Well in my mind prediction of the year goes to my brother.

I rang him half time on the first game of the season at Crewe and he said we would be in the relegation place come end of the season.

He has also suggested for months that our fate would be decided last game of the season.

If anyone wants next weeks lottery results you can ring him on ...

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
Ahem !! I'll miss out on humble pie thanks !!!

They way I'm looking at it is that we have a good manager in RS and he seems to be doing the best he can with what we've got. You have got to admit that results aside, we are playing slightly better football than under MA. Not amazing but better.

Now if RS was appointed earlier on in the season he may have had exactly the same results when he started here in March but with more of the season to go, meaning that eventually we would start seeing the results come through. Probably not loads of wins but more wins. Enough to keep us up I'm sure.

Now whats to say that those results that will "start to come through eventually" wont start coming now.

Yes, its right at the end of the season but so what ! I like to think that 7 from 3 in the next seven days is possible especially against Hereford, Swindon and Colchester. Dont forget that any manager will need a breaking in period and maybe RS has just gone through his !

Yeah I know that more people on here are accepting the fact that relegation is inevitable but I'm not throwing in the towel until its "mathematically impossible".........

Not going to Hereford tonight but will listening in with bated breath... I believe we'll get a 2-0 win tonight..

:bigwave: :ascarf:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Back from holiday and suffice to say I haven't eaten since Saturday I'm so stuffed!!! Actually it's surprisingly tasty.... :bigwave:

Special mention to Sir Doug Loft - enjoy a well deserved gloat at my expense. I was so wrong.... :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here