Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

thread for all of us eating humble pie

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not munching anything! Always was firmly in the "we're not out of it until it's mathematically impossible for us to stay up" camp. Will admit to being seriously pessimistic at times, though, but the only pies I'm up for will contain steak and kidney or chicken and mushroom, thanks very much!

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
i will admit to slighty not beleaving.

Slade is to Brighton and hove albion as Churshill is the to UK.

Churchill
You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory. Victory at all costs - Victory in spite of all terrors - Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival.

I think after the Swindon game was the only time I thought we were down, but that only lasted a few hours.

Apart from that I knew we'd stay up :thumbsup:

You of much faith!
Doesn't seem like you savoured the humility of the humble pie for very long - only a few hours of it. No idea how anyone can have lived with anything but hope and prayer really, as our fortunes did NOT look great when we were losing at home to our relegation rivals and had to win several of our last games (when we had been losing on a regular basis).

Russ Slade needed to be hoisted high yesterday at 5, he really did grab the handle with both hands and give it some muscle! Honestly, I don't know how anybody could have redeemed the situation - but he did everything right, everything needed to pull a rabbit from his magic baseball cap!

Sladey Sladey Slade, we don't care he's got no hair :bowdown:

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I think after the Swindon game was the only time I thought we were down, but that only lasted a few hours.

Apart from that I knew we'd stay up :thumbsup:

Yeah, definitely thought we'd screwed it up by losing to Swindon.
I didn't like the look of the remaining fixtures for quite a few of the sides near the bottom.

Well done Mr, Slade, and the team.

SEAGULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Munch munch munch

I started rolling out the pastry at home to Carlisle.

I popped the pie in the over just after the Swindon game.

And now I'm stuffed with it. Three fat slices. It tastes *ace*.

BTID!!!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
It's not humble pie. We had the best squad we probably have had since the 80s. We are "celebrating" scraping out of being the shittest team in the league

At the end of the day, no matter how good yesterday and the last 4 weeks have been, this season has been a complete disaster!!

Let's hope we learn from our mistakes and have a more successful campaign next year

Last edited:

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
I am also munching this humble pie as I wrote off our chances when we were 8 pts behind. Never have I been so happy to eat it though! :smokin:

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
I thought at various times during the season that we were going down, and definitely after the spineless performance at MK. But all credit to RS - he has brought about a transformation in performance in a short period unmatched in my time of following the Albion - the only one who comes close is Steve Coppell when he took over what after that disastrous run in 2002. RS MUST be given the job and the room to manouevre to build on the momentum created with this end of season run.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I was sure we were down, despite as Mendoza says having a very good squad on paper. Hopefully now next season we can achieve what we wanted to do at the start of this one, if that makes any sense.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
I couldn't see much hope after the poor display at MKD ( 8 pts adrift with 7 games left ) Then we won at Hereford and I perked up a bit....6 games to go and only one opponent with anything to play for ( Swindon )
Cue Swindon...utter despair and vitriol poured on the team. That was it for me...we were down and the season was going to peter out to its inevitable conclusion.
Then we won at Colchester ( and a lot of results went for us ) and showing how fickle I can be, I studied the league table that night and suddenly thought - " hang on, we're not out of this yet "
Still not totally convinced we were going to stay up after the Oldham win...my mind was made up at Bristol...what a display !
So, I'm enjoying a very large slice of that humble pie on offer.
I note the claims of the supreme optimists, who say they never lost faith but they are surely a very small minority. How they stayed optimistic through the ' dark months ' as we stumbled from one mediocre display to another beats me.
I freely admit I'm fickle and I think a lot of fans are the same. If you have watched BHA as long as me, you have seen a lot of ' lean ' times and also some very good times. As I get older, I get more impatient for success. When you are younger, you think there is an eternity ahead for Brighton to win things.
So I say, well done to Russell Slade and the players for proving me wrong. They kept the faith, I didn't...gotta go...another slice of that delicious pie awaits.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here