Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

thread for all of us eating humble pie

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I believed 100% we were doomed after the Northampton game at home and we had been playing total shite.

I now accept that with the appointment of Russel Slade the fortunes of the club has turned around and i am extremely grateful to the players and management for this tremendous effort.

I do think that Dick should accept the resposibility for Adams disasterous reign, however this is now the time to move on.

Onwards and upwards to St mary's, The Valley and very possibly carrow road!

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I think after the Swindon game was the only time I thought we were down, but that only lasted a few hours.

Apart from that I knew we'd stay up :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I thought that the appointment of RS meant we wouldn't escape relegation. Where is the pie ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'll take a large slice for stating that we were doomed when MA was sacked !!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was a non believer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'll take a large slice as I thought we were down after the Swindon game but I was expressing serious reservations about Adams appointment as early as the Walsall game...and if he hadn't been sacked/left we would have been relegated.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
fair play to the non-believers, it shows that despite some heated exchanges recently we were definately the 12th and possibly 13th man today.

I was definately in the belief camp and when i posted at 3-1 down to swindon i was laughed at!!

important thing now is to give slade a contract and free reign over backroom staff and players for next season and beyond.

on our day i truly believe there are no better fans than ours in any league in the world, and i for 1 am always proud to be an albion fan.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I was a bit of a resigned to the inevitable sort of what ever will be will be person, as our goal difference should have seen us relegated, and so on that note, its amazing that we're not... Slade did what it said on the tin, good battler, I hope he can do the week in week out football and or promotion football too, not just the relegation football...Fingers crossed!! :clap::clap: Well done that team!

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Yep yep, i'm munching it by the shed load, f*** it, we have ben shite all season, but Slade has turned us into world beaters!!

I AM PISSED

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
was a bit of a nah we wont go down merchant probably just trying to cheer myself up,but after those 12 mad 2nd half minutes against swindon i looked at the table i think i had resigned myself to league 2.

Would say though adversity seems to galvanise this club together,the away support has been nothing short of phenominal in the closing stages of the season,and to be fair today it was a pleasure to be at withdean,cant remember saying that many times.

I'm holding my hand up too. I've never been so happy to be wrong! :yahoo:
Oh and I'll have mash with my big slice of humble pie please.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The only time I doubted our ability to survive was after the disgraceful display at MK Dons and this was achieved by simply gettting the players to believe in themselves and playing them in their right positions.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I gave up hope after the Walsall awy game. Quite happy now to eat a large slice of

pie_01.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here