Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thou shalt murder

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
OK I can accept you definition of murder at a stretch as the argument for "after birth " is as spurious as arguments for slavery in the 1700s "Well its always been that way etc etc".

But wouldn't preventing a woman whos life was in danger from terminating a life be also a deliberate act of murder?

Why do you fall back on hocus pocus scripture that hates women? Mind you the modern view hates men instead. Why not support the Equal right to choose rather than womens privelege? It would reduce the number of "murders" and be more egalirarian, you could make amendments for quirks like the example I gave.

Medicine has advanced on a massive scale since your Biblical book of fairy tales was written, so why not take a more measured approach than an absolutist stance based on what someone thought over 2000 odd years ago.

Because the unborn baby has no say/control in what happens to him/her.
And it is very rare that a womans life is in danger when giving birth in this day and age.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
What you are saying is tedious religiously derived bollocks. End of discussion.

I’m not religious and do not support abortion.

Only in serious cases should it be acceptable.

Just because the fetus is not alive in the eyes of the law, does not change the fact that it will be in the future.

I have always found it strange that it is seen as 'right-winged nuts' that are against abortion and not 'left-winged nuts'.

Yes in the eyes of man made laws it is 'legal'. Which is why you all think it's ok. Funny how alot of you get very passionate and opinionated about stephen lawrence, jamie bulger etc etc. but when it comes to a baby who hasn't had the chance to take its first breath and see the beauty of the world, then its ok. It is still the taking of a life. It is still a human knowingly taking the life of another. The double standards is amazing. Because society says it's ok you don't question it.

It's not a baby. It a clump of cells slowly developing into a baby. Do you use condoms? The pill? Any other form of contraception?

Boring religious shit. If you opposed abortion for well thought out moral reasons I would actually have some time and respect for you but you don't. You oppose abortion because the man who interprets your sky daddies words for you tells you it is naughty so you believe it is naughty. Find me a single verse in the bible, JUST ONE, where your imaginary deities imaginary son mentions abortion.

Just because the fetus is not alive in the eyes of the law, does not change the fact that it will be in the future.

I have always found it strange that it is seen as 'right-winged nuts' that are against abortion and not 'left-winged nuts'.

That's a different matter entirely. If you have considered the facts and come to a genuinely considered view that you do not support abortion then that I understand.

Thing is I know derby gull is a wing nut xian and has probably put as much thought into this topic as 'my vicar/pastor/preacher says its naughty so that good enough for me - its naughty'

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
... but when it comes to a baby who hasn't had the chance to take its first breath and see the beauty of the world, then its ok. It is still the taking of a life. It is still a human knowingly taking the life of another. The double standards is amazing.

no the ignorance is amazing. its not a baby is it? you arent allowed to terminate past a certain gestation point, its still a fetus. the point is chosen because its bearly viable if born naturually at that point, ergo is not sufficiently developed. even if born it would only survive due to intensive medical intervention and will certinly die early or have severe problems as a growing child. most terminations would happen far earlier when the fetus is not developed.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
That's a different matter entirely. If you have considered the facts and come to a genuinely considered view that you do not support abortion then that I understand.

Thing is I know derby gull is a wing nut xian and has probably put as much thought into this topic as 'my vicar/pastor/preacher says its naughty so that good enough for me - its naughty'

I see. Point taken.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Yes in the eyes of man made laws it is 'legal'. Which is why you all think it's ok. Funny how alot of you get very passionate and opinionated about stephen lawrence, jamie bulger etc etc. but when it comes to a baby who hasn't had the chance to take its first breath and see the beauty of the world, then its ok. It is still the taking of a life. It is still a human knowingly taking the life of another. The double standards is amazing. Because society says it's ok you don't question it.

Nope, nobody questions it. Nobody has thought about the pain, emotion and sadness that all parties go through. It's only people like you that are selfish enough to not give them a choice.
Just another irrational thought from the religious, living in a dream.
Idiot.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I rather trust to man made laws than those 'written by man under the alleged guidance of some super power'. Lets cut to the chase, the thing you worship is nothing more than the figment of the imagination created to control those more ignorant in times gone by. Read between the lines and you will see he is apparently nothing more than a bully!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing

Talking of double standards where do you stand on the murdering of doctors who perform abortions?

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I don't particular like the idea of abortion, but then I've never been in the position where I've been affected by it.

Those who do go through it, it's difficult, but it's their choice, their decision, and they are the ones who will have to live with it.

What I object to is those who'd seek to take away their choice, to campaign telling people what they must and mustn't do, or to throw casual accusations of murder, when they have absolutely no comprehension of the life or circumstances of those who have to go through this difficult decision.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I hate abortion i do, in certain circumstances i agree, rape, mother or childs life will be at risk.

What i dont agree with is these idiots that go out on a saturday, shag what ever many blokes and end up pregnant. Fucks me right off i know of someone that has had 3 abortions do they not know what contraceptive is really ffs.

If i see an advert i will turn over

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean

So a woman who has been raped and finds herself pregnant, should just forget the rape, and bring up her attackers baby yeah, or go through the trauma of giving birth and handing the child over to social services? You are being ridiculous. Next you will be saying that any bloke who has a barclays are murderers too.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
So a woman who has been raped and finds herself pregnant, should just forget the rape, and bring up her attackers baby yeah, or go through the trauma of giving birth and handing the child over to social services? You are being ridiculous. Next you will be saying that any bloke who has a barclays are murderers too.

A Barclays??? LOLOLOLOL I've never hear that one before!!! brilliant

Christianity seems to be infested with people who, instead of humbling themselves for their own foibles they spring into the activity of pointing fingers with a slobbering and drooling alacrity.

Abortion is not something I relish seeing on tv, but to be honest, not much that they show is. Abortion is not nice, considering it is not a pleasantry either.

Perhaps money would be well spent in warning women (particularly) and men of the consequences of drunken or unprecautionary shagging without consideration.

The birth control pill had opened a new door in sexual behaviour, and many many young people are swept by the idea that sex is free and unbound by responsibility.
They see their pals hopping off with any person they met and responding to sexual desires for the instant, regardless thrill of it, and they think that's alright for them as well. Peer influence has 'bred' out of control in comparison to education.

Better still Santorum wants to outlaw abortion even in teh cases of incest. So a father can rape his daughter and xians want her to be forced to carry that thing to term and then hand it over for adoption.

Derby Gull, how many children have you adopted?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I am adopted why i dont believe in abortion along with my sister i was put into care at 2 and she 3 it was pretty clear from the start my birth parents could no look after me, it would have been pretty easy for them to get rid, but they didnt, yes the first six years of my life were hell, and im still dealing with it, but i now have a beautiful son who is 4 next week and a baby on the way.

I just hate the idea of abortion as said circumstances permit it, i would like it to be lowered the time limit, but that wont happen for some time.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
But another point i would like to make for me this is a taboo subject it will always end in arguments one person has a set feelings another something else, its a very emotional subjec hence why if i see adverts im not sure if i personally could watch them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here