Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Those MPs are at it again. Is there no end to the support they give the Albion?

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Early Day Motion 1712

BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION FC

Pike/Peter L

That this House congratulates Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club on the excellent turnout of their fans, players, directors, officials and other stadium supporters for their rally at the Labour Party Conference in Brighton on Monday 27th September as part of their campaign for a new community stadium at Falmer; believes that the rally clearly demonstrated that this proposed community stadium has support from all sections of the community in Brighton and Hove, including the City council and non-football fans; welcomes the benefits that the stadium will bring in terms of employment, skills training, education, health promotion, social inclusion and the regeneration of the local community; recognises the need for the Deputy Prime Minister to re-open the inquiry; and wishes the club and all those working to secure this new stadium every success.

12 signatures so far.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Do you think our Norman will sign it?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
sweet mumma.....Alexis signs....now the MPs are signing...again...does this day wanna end on a sweeter note?

Genius! On and Off the pitch....what a day :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Ivor Caplin's a government minister. Ministers and party leaders, by convention, do not sign EDMs.

Well that put me firmly in my place then. Didn't know that.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Titanic said:
Supported by 27 MPs now - all labour.

It's not going to be easy convincing Tory Mp's to sign an EDM congratulating us on attending the Labour Party conference, is it?

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
BHA links said:
It's not going to be easy convincing Tory Mp's to sign an EDM congratulating us on attending the Labour Party conference, is it?

I reckon the EDM needs re-wording...

That this House congratulates Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club on the excellent turnout of their fans, players, directors, officials and other stadium supporters for their rally at the Labour Party Conference in Brighton on Monday 27th September as part of their campaign for a new community stadium at Falmer; believes that the rally clearly demonstrated that this proposed community stadium has support from all sections of the community in Brighton and Hove, including the City council and non-football fans; welcomes the benefits that the stadium will bring in terms of employment, skills training, education, health promotion, social inclusion and the regeneration of the local community; recognises the need for the Deputy Prime Minister to re-open the inquiry; and wishes the club and all those working to secure this new stadium every success. Or they'll vote tory.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Falmer is looking more and more promising. what with Tony Blair saying that it has taken far to long to get a decision and all.

fingers crossed
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
BHA links said:

Ok
I've emailed Julie Kirkbride, shadow secretary for Sport. Her support was key in getting Torys on board last time.

If she signs then we can start lobbying opposition MPs

text below

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dear Miss Kirkbride
I am a fan of Brighton & Hove Albion FC. I am grateful for your support of the stadium at Falmer near Brighton, and your signing of EDM 889.

Your signature on this matter was key in getting Conservative MPs on board (it was certainly a big influence on my local MP, John Whittingdale).

As Shadow Secretary of State for Culture, Media & Sport I am asking for your help with our Campaign for this Stadium once again.

There is a new EDM (1712) that currently enjoys support only from Labour MPs, although this EDM congratulates supporters of the Club on the rally at the Labour party Conference, it also supports the aims of a New Community Stadium for Brighton & Hove, including employment, skills training, education, health promotion, social inclusion and the regeneration of the local community.

I hope you will consider putting your name to this EDM so that we may then once again demonstrate all party support for the proposed Stadium.

Thank you for taking the time to read this email

Bob Gear

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here