Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This Teddy 'Mohammed'

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Best thing is that muslims stop thinking that everything the West does is done to insult their religion.

How much money has been wasted in Sudan on this ridiculous prosecution? And now the inevitable appeal?

I'm not sure that muslims in general are embarrassed by this-there have been numerous 'man in the street' interviews shown on tv and they all seem to share the same views: insulting the prophet, insulting islam, etc., etc.

Well THIS MUSLIM thought it was absolutely ridiculous. Sudan is an insane country and this whole business is frankly insane!:rant::rant::rant:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Bottom line is this woman has been ignorant of the great religion that is Islam, she gets what she deserves.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Well THIS MUSLIM thought it was absolutely ridiculous. Sudan is an insane country and this whole business is frankly insane!:rant::rant::rant:

Reminds me of an article written in the Daily Telegraph just before 9/11 by a professor of Islamic Studies at Islamabad Uni. He was writing about the "islamic law" that was being imposed in Afghanistan by the mujahadeen/Al-Qeda at the time with thought police prosecuting people for having TVs and suchlike. Their blowing up of the 2000 year old buddha along the spice trail too.

Basically, he called them semi-literate backward people who have no understanding of the faith, its teachings and how it should be applied. Morelike they adapted and warped the faith to fit their prejudices and world view (which was pretty unsophisticated and backwards by the standards of its other muslim neighbours). He said that it would be laughable if it were not so serious and predicted that it could harm the image of Islam greatly.

Yep. He was spot on there.

We have spent something in the region of £145m supporting relief operations in Darfur.
... that are mainly needed because of the way the Sudanese government have been treating the people of southern and western Sudan for the last thirty years.

Another legacy of British colonialism, I'm afraid. Like Iraq, Sudan is a country with artificial borders created because of British insensitivity to local issues and an obsession with our own "global" interests. That's why the Kurds suffered under successive Iraqi regimes and the people of southern and western Sudan have suffered before and since Sudanese independence.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Reminds me of an article written in the Daily Telegraph just before 9/11 by a professor of Islamic Studies at Islamabad Uni. He was writing about the "islamic law" that was being imposed in Afghanistan by the mujahadeen/Al-Qeda at the time with thought police prosecuting people for having TVs and suchlike. Their blowing up of the 2000 year old buddha along the spice trail too.

Basically, he called them semi-literate backward people who have no understanding of the faith, its teachings and how it should be applied. Morelike they adapted and warped the faith to fit their prejudices and world view (which was pretty unsophisticated and backwards by the standards of its other muslim neighbours). He said that it would be laughable if it were not so serious and predicted that it could harm the image of Islam greatly.

Yep. He was spot on there.

Good quote Buzzer..... unfortunately Sudan is not the only insane Muslim country... there are quite a few of them and quite a few on the way.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Some radical Islam followers demanded she got her the death penalty

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Well they really ARE ntters. Probably some of the types who blab on internet football boards, which are just TAILORED for nutters!

oh.

Well that seems to get me coming ... and going....:down:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

778e_2.JPG

For sale due to a change in the school curriculum.

Mo is a delightful little bear who all children would love, but not some adults.

Condition: As new, but by time of delivery may have 40 scratch marks on back.

Any proceeds to Prisoners Abroad http://www.prisonersabroad.org.uk/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:D

On a more serious side though - you have to realise that in some countries there are religious people. No, not just religious on Sundays, or that take their good book with a pinch of salt like 99% of religious people in our society - but ones that take theirs to the letter, consider it the law governing their behavior. Is this devoutness a crime in your pov? Is it lunacy? Well, maybe ALL religion is lunacy to many of us.

What do you think of a person who is spiritually advised, who prays, who conducts their life in a way that's measured according to teachings from their religious doctrine, one that is usually taught them by their family and everything they do in their household? Maybe they are modest, do not ask for much of the earth, and are respectful of nature and other people. However, when their own children are faced with outside influence in their country, that threatens to ridicule their doctrine or take their children AWAY from the respects that their forefathers have taught them - they take it so seriously as to find it abhorent, and feel affronted by it.

Look, I know this won't compare with OUR society - but then neither does a bushman of the Kalahari, a nomad of the Sahara, or a Zulu.
Would you go into a Zulu tribe and expect to instantly fit in, without learning their social mores? What aboiut just grabbing a chunk of Zebra steak, chewing it apart, and smiling broadly at Mrs Zulu (no, she's not on Star Trek) and giving her two thumbs up? What if they give you special treatment, and serve up a nice big live potato beetle, a plate of termites, and require that you muff-dive their heffer after breakfast to encourage milk? You gonna tell 'em to eff off and stick their weird habits?

You might think this extreme, but if YOU are going to accept and know that there are other cultures on this planet, and that Michael Palin hasn't covered EVERY point of etiquette that exists in all peoples, then you have to - I mean you HAVE to not put your own societal restrictions or freedoms on them to comply with. It just ain't gonna happen.

And if you ever came across someone in your life you thought of as 'not your type', socially less than cultured, someone you just couldn't be with because they were too crass, swore and farted in mixed company, picked their nose and smelled funny - then you may not be quite so open minded as you like to think, eh?

Alright, you are open minded.
Imagine you take your friend to a local where everyone knows you, they are your workmates too. You introduce this frend, and he or she is a massive Man United fan, and starts dominated EVERY conversation with details of United players, and repeating fight-songs they think are just GREAT!
Not only that, but he or she is gay, and starts french kissing someone of the same sex, then asking people to pull their finger and farting. It might be normal in their house, in their social group - and perhaps there were moments when you thought this friend was funny. Are they still 'funny'?
Maybe it's a lover, and they have a drink or two before revealing that they had sex with you within minutes of meeting you, and that you were a better shag than their dodgy uncle?
It's only words though, and everyone should accept that not everyone was brought up the same, in the same kind of family.

One thing we must find shocking in OUR society, is that they match people to be married for life, before they reach ages we think are mature, based on their family's choice! For LIFE I tell you! Well that's THEIR society, so that's up to them.
So, who are we to force them to do different? Only when they live in OUR society, can we ask that they do as expected and required by law.

Back to the issue - they do not call inanimate objects, or their pet pig 'God', or think it's quirky.
Best to know stuff, before you tuck into the Zulu's zebra, or turn down the Bushman's biggest beetle.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
There's a church over there that turns up at soldiers funerals, stands outside the cementry with banners proclaiming to the family that the reason their son died is because God hates homosexuals.

This church has very few members but has had two major documentaries made on it by British television alone.

Does that tell you everything about Christianity ? Of course it f*cking doesn't - neither does the Teddy in Sudan tell you everything about muslims.

That 'church' is a group of about 15 people. The Sudan, on the other hand, is the largest country in Africa. And thats without mentioning all the other African and Middle East countries who enforce laws that are based on Muslim fundamentalism...i think it is a little more widespread.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Could you imagine the storm around the globe if a movie were made called, "The life of Mustafa", a comedy in which Mustafa was mistaken for the prophet Mohamed?

Does Islam get satire? Would they see the joke where a woman is brought for stoning for to death after being found guilty of being a rape victim?

IMO they have gone way over the top but at least she's lucky she wasn't in Suadi Arabia........

Slightly off topic but on a 'lighter note'..........

Two Muslim mothers are sitting in the cafe chatting over a pint of goat's milk. The older of the moms pulls out her bag and starts flipping through pictures and reminiscing. This is my oldest son, Mohammed. He would be 24 now."

The other mom replies, "I remember him as a baby."

Mom says, "He's a martyr now."

"Oh, so sad, my dear."

Mom flips to another picture. "And this is my second son, Kalid. He would be 21."

"Oh I remember him. He had such curly hair when he was born."

Mom sighs, "He's a martyr, too."

"Oh gracious me," says the second mother.

"And this is my third son. My beautiful Ahmed. He would be 18." Mom whispers.

"Yes," says her friend enthusiastically, "I remember when he first started school."

"He's a martyr also" Mom says, with tears in her eyes.

After a pause and a deep sigh, the second Muslim mother looks wistfully at the photos and says,

"They blow up so fast, don't they?"

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
IMO they have gone way over the top but at least she's lucky she wasn't in Suadi Arabia........

Slightly off topic but on a 'lighter note'..........

Two Muslim mothers are sitting in the cafe chatting over a pint of goat's milk. The older of the moms pulls out her bag and starts flipping through pictures and reminiscing. This is my oldest son, Mohammed. He would be 24 now."

The other mom replies, "I remember him as a baby."

Mom says, "He's a martyr now."

"Oh, so sad, my dear."

Mom flips to another picture. "And this is my second son, Kalid. He would be 21."

"Oh I remember him. He had such curly hair when he was born."

Mom sighs, "He's a martyr, too."

"Oh gracious me," says the second mother.

"And this is my third son. My beautiful Ahmed. He would be 18." Mom whispers.

"Yes," says her friend enthusiastically, "I remember when he first started school."

"He's a martyr also" Mom says, with tears in her eyes.

After a pause and a deep sigh, the second Muslim mother looks wistfully at the photos and says,

"They blow up so fast, don't they?"

Made me chuckle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here