Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This Ridiculous Banning Bolleaux...

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
In all honestly some of you need to get your arses onto other football boards where you only need to sneeze to get your post removed.

.. or perhaps you'd like a messageboard where everything is split into different forums.

Believe me you wouldn't.

I scan a lot of clubs boards and believe me this is one of the best (in terms on content) on the internet.

The only other one I can think of as good is the Leeds board.

They are are either very boring and "policed" or full of complete W*nkers.

.. or have to be a member to read, struggling to come up with another user name you will forget in an instance.

This board has very clear lines above personal abuse to other members and people associated with the club in general, but still manages to be a melting pot of fans views and annoying people posting anagrams because they havent got anything worthwhile to say about the football.

Something must be working if the club have a permanent presence on here.

I know people complain about the usual faces having a bit of love-on on here, but to be honest we ain't got that many fans at the moment. That is also something to bear in mind if you are a younger poster who thinks this big internet thing is anonymous. It isn't - especially on here, when with a couple of PMs and a nod and wink you can work out who somebody is.

In any case, the moderators only operate a naughty room and from what I heard it's rather quite good.

I agree with much of what you say.............this is indeed a very good messageboard. My grievance is with people who think anyone who lives in, or comes from housing estates or local authority homes is rubbish, and they are some sort of elite...............and are seen to be above the rules of this messageboard..............and even more sickening, when it appears to me, that they are.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Its CLASS WAR now, is it? How are we supposed to know which posters are pikey? Can we have a little caravan or something next to their names, so we know to look down on them??

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
My grievance is with people who think anyone who lives in, or comes from housing estates or local authority homes is rubbish, and they are some sort of elite...............and are seen to be above the rules of this messageboard..............and even more sickening, when it appears to me, that they are.

Who, exactly, are you referring to?

If i recall rightly, it was a follow on thread from an original thread about the game being postponed due to frozen pitch recently.
I will also pm you the gist of the thread............wont do it here, as it will name a poster, giving the bullies on here the amuntion to re-commence their pathetic attacks.
As you may gather , if you get the thread................I don,t like bullies.............especially internet ones.............and I dont care how many or how big they are............they all go down with a baseball bat rapped round their head.
Like El Pres, I think I too have tracked this thread down. It wasn't removed by me, nor by Hiney - but the removal was justified by the NSC rule that forbids personal abuse against NSC members.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Like El Pres, I think I too have tracked this thread down. It wasn't removed by me, nor by Hiney - but the removal was justified by the NSC rule that forbids personal abuse against NSC members.

Yes.............I thought personal abuse against NSC members in title threads was forbidden too.............and I also stated that on the relevant thread....................and I asked ON THE RELEVANT THREAD for the originator to be BANNED.

Nothing....!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes.............I thought personal abuse against NSC members in title threads was forbidden too.............and I also stated that on the relevant thread....................and I asked ON THE RELEVANT THREAD for the originator to be BANNED.

Nothing....!!

A ban was considered, and on balance, not deemed necessary. The person involved genuinely thought that another poster was trying to put people off attending the Gillingha game, and admitted he made a mistake as he had not spotted the thread had been bounced.

I have no idea what type of house this person lives in, as I have never seen it or met him, so feel no loyalty or antagonism in respect of him.

Nothing....!!

The way to ask for action against a thread or a poster responsible for a thread or post is through the "report post" facility, or by a PM to a moderator.

As Bozza has said, not all threads or posts are read by the mods. Asking for a ban in the body of a thread will rarely be an effective way to communicate.

Now I know which thread you are talking about, I can see your point - but, until 15 minutes ago, I hadn't even read the thread in question.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
A ban was considered, and on balance, not deemed necessary. The person involved genuinely thought that another poster was trying to put people off attending the Gillingha game, and admitted he made a mistake as he had not spotted the thread had been bounced.

I have no idea what type of house this person lives in, as I have never seen it or met him, so feel no loyalty or antagonism in respect of him.

That is utter rubbish.............I,m certain you are reading the wrong thread.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Mods

How can you ban Zesh....when that little prick 1066 gets away with murder due to the fact you all think he licks windows on the sunshine bus....his prods out thread was one of the worst ever and should of got him a life time ban:rant::rant::rant:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
The way to ask for action against a thread or a poster responsible for a thread or post is through the "report post" facility, or by a PM to a moderator.

As Bozza has said, not all threads or posts are read by the mods. Asking for a ban in the body of a thread will rarely be an effective way to communicate.

Now I know which thread you are talking about, I can see your point - but, until 15 minutes ago, I hadn't even read the thread in question.

Thankyou for your time on this and explanation........I realise it is late..!

I,m pleased that you see my point.

However, I still fail to understand, what I perceive as the lack of judgement, by whoever removed the post.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Fair play, if you're going to insult Hiney, he'll at least appreciate a quality old skool insult.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
People who aren't members of the "younger" part of the board do get unfair treatment at times IMO, both Zesh and TCB were banned for things that many people have got away with. The mods aren't going to change their minds so pointless arguing about it really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here