Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This picture the club just put on facebook of the north stand

TheBigUnit

Apr 4, 2012
London
i had the pleasure of a tour round the stadium with mp some time ago, when we got to the area on the top floor in the north stand we asked if it was going to be rented out office space. Mp answered that tb had told him to keep it clear, as we would need it when we get to the premier league.

really :) ??? :) :amex: ?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I stand in row S and my view is WELL above the cross bar

It's above the crossbar, granted..It's not well above the crossbar. But then I really suppose it all come down to how you like to view your football. I personally find that unless your up high behind a goal( i.e away end at Millwall) you can't really ever see what's happening at the other end, most of it is guesswork and waiting for the crowd reaction.Like I say, twenty years ago maybe, but West Stand Upper will do for me, even if I do need oxygen after climbing the stairs.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Really? You wouldn't lie to us, would you?

That's exactly what he said. We thought we had read that they were planning on renting the top floor out to a local business, hence the reason we asked when we got there during our tour. His answer was exactly as I wrote it before, and this was all before last season had even started. TB has his sights firmly set on reaching the top flight, sooner rather than later, I'm just glad to be along for the ride.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
That's exactly what he said. We thought we had read that they were planning on renting the top floor out to a local business, hence the reason we asked when we got there during our tour. His answer was exactly as I wrote it before, and this was all before last season had even started. TB has his sights firmly set on reaching the top flight, sooner rather than later, I'm just glad to be along for the ride.

That is amazing. The only thing that really could improve the Amex is a big North Stand, it would be TREMENDOUS!!! But surely it would be a ball ache having to relocate the big screen and commentary boxes etc!?!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Think we may be getting wires crossed, the space will be used for additional administration etc when we get to the EPL, not for an extention to the North Stand, at least that's what I though he meant.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It's above the crossbar, granted..It's not well above the crossbar. But then I really suppose it all come down to how you like to view your football. I personally find that unless your up high behind a goal( i.e away end at Millwall) you can't really ever see what's happening at the other end, most of it is guesswork and waiting for the crowd reaction.Like I say, twenty years ago maybe, but West Stand Upper will do for me, even if I do need oxygen after climbing the stairs.

Its all a matter of personal taste, I prefer to watch football the traditional way and at the Amex despite being 20 rows back you feel really close to the action and get a good persprective. Personally if I want to watch a game with goals to the left and right I can watch it on TV

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
That is amazing. The only thing that really could improve the Amex is a big North Stand, it would be TREMENDOUS!!! But surely it would be a ball ache having to relocate the big screen and commentary boxes etc!?!

Bigger ball ache moving the arch thrust-blocks.

smart

Jul 27, 2009
Stupid place to put offices in the first place,that stand should have seats all the way back not stop half way.

Spot on. The North Stand is out of proportion to the rest of the ground. From West Stand upper it looks smaller than Goldstone North Stand.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Its all a matter of personal taste, I prefer to watch football the traditional way and at the Amex despite being 20 rows back you feel really close to the action and get a good persprective. Personally if I want to watch a game with goals to the left and right I can watch it on TV

But the reason the main TV view is from the middle on the side, is because this is the best view of the whole game. Would be a bit stupid sitting at home and watching the whole game from a camera behind the goal. As Sky very quickly found out. That's why they are the cheapest, each to there own though.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Think we may be getting wires crossed, the space will be used for additional administration etc when we get to the EPL, not for an extention to the North Stand, at least that's what I though he meant.

Agree with DFPerm. The rest of the ground is coming up to a very decent standard now but the North Stand just looks far too small. Should be at least double the height. Is anyone aware of any contingency for increasing the North backwards?

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
Spot on. The North Stand is out of proportion to the rest of the ground. From West Stand upper it looks smaller than Goldstone North Stand.
f*** me, you've waited 3 years to have a moan!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I cant see how we can increase the size of the North without completely altering the structure of the buiding, which isn't going to happen.

What we need is for terracing to come back, then we could probably fit another couple of thousand in. How many did they old North Stand at the Goldstone hold? 3,500? 4,000?

Imagine the Amex but with a 4,500 terrace at the North end.

geodavies

Jan 8, 2012
Saltdean
Good news if that is going to be the new TV Studio. North stand giving whoever is summarizing constant grief and the back drop of the completed corners will look good. Prob have to wait to the premier league to get real enjoyment from griefing the pundits at HT/FT

Good point

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I cant see how we can increase the size of the North without completely altering the structure of the buiding, which isn't going to happen.

What we need is for terracing to come back, then we could probably fit another couple of thousand in. How many did they old North Stand at the Goldstone hold? 3,500? 4,000?

Imagine the Amex but with a 4,500 terrace at the North end.

Yes...the North Stand at the Goldstone rocked ! IMO the north corners need to be "part of the north stand " and that will help,the new South stand fans can forge their own brand as well !!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here