Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This picture the club just put on facebook of the north stand

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It will cannot wait for that day, I know it was the only way and I'm delighted with what we have but it would have been nice to have it a bit steeper and bigger, But I'm just being picky now.
To be fair I agree with everything you said. Now stop sulking about it on FF.net too :lol:

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
good place to put the commentary box, will make us sound louder during matches.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
The area behind the north stand where the tv gantry is is massive, you could have easily doubled the length of the north stand. Although it would have made it look odd when the corners were filled in.

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
The plans show the Sky box in the South Stand, maybe this is a change to what they already designed?

There is nothing on the plans showing anything new in the north other than new offices.

Attachments

• Extension Plans.jpg
    Extension Plans.jpg
    723.8 KB · Views: 137

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Now and then. Albion1901 is my username!

Oh ok yeah I've seen you around, funny little forum one min it's great the next you can't post without someone trying to twist it into some offensive post.

Still interesting to see other clubs point of view on stuff.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Oh ok yeah I've seen you around, funny little forum one min it's great the next you can't post without someone trying to twist it into some offensive post.

Still interesting to see other clubs point of view on stuff.

Makes me laugh, Northern Horn really despises all things aAlbion for some reason, and barely a thread passes without descending into a Palace-Brighton binfest!!! :lol:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Makes me laugh, Northern Horn really despises all things aAlbion for some reason, and barely a thread passes without descending into a Palace-Brighton binfest!!! :lol:

Yep I can deal with NH though, It's the others that seem to have started following his lead like sheep like AJB and others. It's funny when he does it, the others are just tiresome. It's life Ernest he can be funny but if we had about six other Ernest wannabe's it'd be dull.

I'm interesting if The Daddy posts on here? Are you there?

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
It would have been good if they could have extended Dicks bar out in the same style so it has a viewing balcony onto the pitch for non match days. When I have taken friends and family up there on non match days they always ask if there is a viewing point to see the inside whilst having a coffee.

Thik its against the law for areas serving alcohol to have sight of the pitch. There were some fantasstically flimsy screens shielding the view of Withdean stadium away from the pub

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Thik its against the law for areas serving alcohol to have sight of the pitch. There were some fantasstically flimsy screens shielding the view of Withdean stadium away from the pub

You can but not when the match is underway which is why the bring down blinds over the windows in the corporate areas during the match. When the game is not underway you can drink with sight of the pitch.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You can but not when the match is underway which is why the bring down blinds over the windows in the corporate areas during the match. When the game is not underway you can drink with sight of the pitch.

In this day and age, this really is such a RIDICULOUS law isn't it. Its not the 1980's any more with hooligans running rampage. Why is it rugby fans are allowed to take alcoholic drinks out to their seats, yet football fans still have to put up with these pathetic draconian rules whereby we're not even allowed to catch a glimpse of the pitch if we are (gasp) clutching a plastic pint of fizzy lukewarm piss in our sweaty paws.

Thats the reason there are steps up from the concourse and out into the seats, just so us oiks guzzling the Harveys can't see any of the GREEN stuff while we gas-up on the hooli-juice.

ARSECAKES

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
In an otherwise fantastic stadium and I do think it is up there with the best. The North stand as the home end is a little bit wanky, in the form of it's simply to small and not at all imposing. Even with the corners filled in, this will not change, it's simply not big/steep enough.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
In an otherwise fantastic stadium and I do think it is up there with the best. The North stand as the home end is a little bit wanky, in the form of it's simply to small and not at all imposing. Even with the corners filled in, this will not change, it's simply not big/steep enough.

Big/steep enough for who

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The plans show the Sky box in the South Stand, maybe this is a change to what they already designed?

There is nothing on the plans showing anything new in the north other than new offices.

I had the pleasure of a tour round the stadium with MP some time ago, when we got to the area on the top floor in the north stand we asked if it was going to be rented out office space. MP answered that TB had told him to keep it clear, as we would need it when we get to the Premier League.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Big/steep enough for who

Well for me, for starters. I've watched most of my football from behind the goal over the years and the one occasion I sat in the North Stand last season(well I didn't sit) I was in the back row and the view was just about ok, just over level with the crossbar. As home ends go, it's crap. What is it 23/24 rows???.I know it's nobody's fault etc due to the planning but it's just to small. The rest of the ground is A+++ though.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Well for me, for starters. I've watched most of my football from behind the goal over the years and the one occasion I sat in the North Stand last season(well I didn't sit) I was in the back row and the view was just about ok, just over level with the crossbar. As home ends go, it's crap. What is it 23/24 rows???.I know it's nobody's fault etc due to the planning but it's just to small. The rest of the ground is A+++ though.

I stand in row S and my view is WELL above the cross bar

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I had the pleasure of a tour round the stadium with MP some time ago, when we got to the area on the top floor in the north stand we asked if it was going to be rented out office space. MP answered that TB had told him to keep it clear, as we would need it when we get to the Premier League.

Really? You wouldn't lie to us, would you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here