Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Am I Reading this right?

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
RoyalAli said:
Bear in mind this is something that has been commented on by opposition managers, players and fans, not some self concieved idea about how good we are, so we can all slap each other on the backs and congratualate ourselves...

Look. That seems to be your ONLY defence "other managers say...".

It's a lie. How do I know this? Well it's simple.

There aren't ANY blind and deaf managers in the football league.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe they said 'imitating'?

'There was a really bad imitating of an atmosphere there'... said Warnock.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
RoyalAli said:
Well they have said it, so what are you tryng to prove?

Could the managers be making up an excuse ? I partly blame the Reading offical site for the deranged views of reading fans - it is easily the most biased and hype filled football site i've read.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
RoyalAli said:

1st url - SIDWELL said this :
“That’s what we need from the first game. Last year it was too nice at times and we want an intimidating atmosphere.” - NOT an opposing manager

2nd URL - the following was said so as to prove the atmosphere was shit beforehand:
"One thing that could be clearly noticed during the game was the increase in atmosphere in the Madejski Stadium. After the recent efforts to increase the noise in the Madstad the fans seem to have taking note as, particularly in the second half the whole stadium was making an effort to join in with some of the tunes! This was also backed after the game when United manager, Neil Warnock commented on the fact that the noise was intimidating for his players and fans. Long may it continue! "
3rd URL - The word "Intimidating" is not there!

4th URL - The word "Intimidating" is not there!

5th URL - The word "Intimidating" is not there!

6th URL - The word "Intimidating" is not there!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
RoyalAli said:
Ok, the Millwall one says we can get a bit of an atmosphere going, the Wiltshire one says there was a great atmosphere, the Reading one (Although said by the club) says there is a Vibrant atmosphere, in the other Millwall one it says the atmosphere drowned out the Sky pundits.

Not all of them say intimidating, but they do say positive comments about the Madejski's atmosphere, and that is what I'm trying to get at.

but failing! We can say that Withdean is an itimidating place tocome too because the larger clubs never play at shit grounds like ours! Face it, ONE manager said it and that was nobby no mates Warnock....WHOOPEE f***ing DOOO :thud:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
RoyalAli said:
Not all of them say intimidating, but they do say positive comments about the Madejski's atmosphere, and that is what I'm trying to get at.

Saying that there is an atmosphere is going a bit far, really. On the opening day of the season, you relied on somebody with a drum to get you going and that itself is a bit sad and annoying. Reading seemed to be devoyed of chants, so the drummer had to do.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
To be faor Royal Ali you are a little dweeb and probably find the queue in McDonalds during the school lunch hour rather intimidating.

Out of interest are you, like most other Thames Valley Royal fans I've met, made predominantly out of plastic with no backbone??:)

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Let me explain how NSC works ........................

...... we dangle the bait - you rise to it, we all pile in, we all have a good laugh and everyone is happy.

It is a well trodden path.

Now, what were you saying ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ali - you have a bloke with a drum. You have to hand out 'rumble sticks'. You chant "U S A". Your own fans on HNA are constantly bemoaning the lack of atmosphere and how most of the MadStad do not join in.

Just drop it.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
RoyalAli said:
The bottom line is that our attendances have improved in recent years, the atmosphere has improved, and if it continues to improve at the rate it has done, then we're going places.
Its not where you've come from that matters, its where you're going.

That's what everyone from Reading says.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here