Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This may sound a little harsh but

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
briliant ... one heavy defeat to a team in 3rd in the league and all these players are "league 1 at best" or Aren't good enough for this level.

what absolute rubbish, in case you hadn't noticed, we are currently 8th in this league with these players that "arent good enough".... l I would suggest that the table and our points tally would indicate theyare good enough for this level. Hence being 8th in the league with these players.

As usual the players subjected to this crap are navarro, barnes painter etc etc... its an absolute disgrace that these people constantly write this crap.

This board is pathetic sometimes. One defeat and all of a sudden we are the worst team in the league, then next week when we win we are going to the champions league

These players are good enough, they have been good enough all season and are a credit to our club... When you have seen some the players we have had in the last 20 years, to call this, the best squad we have had in 20 years crap and useless andnot godd enough is just pathetic. sums up a lot of the muppets on this board.

No, we have to clear players to bring in players and improve the squad -if you were manager would you still have Kerry at LB?

DPM0395

Aug 11, 2011
London
"This board is pathetic sometimes. One defeat and all of a sudden we are the worst team in the league" Silver chariot said.

I believe your putting words into peoples mouths on what was an otherwise (for the most part) thoughtful and consider analysis. Reyes I feel should be omitted from the list as he has displayed qualities severely lacking in some of the other options. Navarro has played well the last few months as well but is clearly far to limited in an attacking sense when coupled with Bridcutt. Goalkeepers need to be changed, although Brezovan kept (as most people have said) as understudy. Was dissapointed Razak returned as he seemed to epitomise the type of touch tackling box to box midfielder that I reckon is vital, but there seems to have been other reasons for that unbeknownst to me as his displays at home we're pretty excellent.

A striker must be top of the list and I'm sure we'll have a few bob to spend, shame CMS's touch has completely failed him for the most part of the season and under the current circumstances must be viewed as having a pretty disappointing year, though maybe the pressure will be off a bit more next year. Vokes utterly unbothered by, very cumbersome, unexciting.

Noone, by my reckoning was our best player in the first half of the season, so perhaps it's fair not lay into him, especially as he's had quite a few injuries. Reminds me of a lot of Vicente bashing that was going on for most of the season, who we'd now be very lucky to keep.

3 or 4 additions, quantity over quality and the great football we play will be rewarded next season, most of last years players with some extra experience and playoffs should be well within our sights. Personally I'd rather support a team that try and play the right way, and not long ball merchants like West Ham.

oh, and play forster-caskey! excellent and should be in the team every week next year.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
briliant ... one heavy defeat to a team in 3rd in the league and all these players are "league 1 at best" or Aren't good enough for this level.

what absolute rubbish, in case you hadn't noticed, we are currently 8th in this league with these players that "arent good enough".... l I would suggest that the table and our points tally would indicate theyare good enough for this level. Hence being 8th in the league with these players.

As usual the players subjected to this crap are navarro, barnes painter etc etc... its an absolute disgrace that these people constantly write this crap.

This board is pathetic sometimes. One defeat and all of a sudden we are the worst team in the league, then next week when we win we are going to the champions league

These players are good enough, they have been good enough all season and are a credit to our club... When you have seen some the players we have had in the last 20 years, to call this, the best squad we have had in 20 years crap and useless andnot godd enough is just pathetic. sums up a lot of the muppets on this board.
It all depends on perspective.
These players are good enough for now.
They will be good enough for 2 years time, providing we want to stay in the championship and still prepared to spend big around them.
TB wants top flight football, TB won't get that buying AB & C while still spending XY & Z on players performing above their abilities.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
No, we have to clear players to bring in players and improve the squad -if you were manager would you still have Kerry at LB?

where did i say that...I was pointing out that these players ARE enough for this level as we are 8th in the championship... surely you didn't expect us to finish in the top 6 this season did you at the start??? as Poyet keeps explaining we don't have the budgets that match these other clubs in the top 6...

our supporters continually think we are better than reality.. take of the blue and white tinted glasses and look at the bigger picture... This season has been far past most expectations that people had at the start of the season. if you believed we would be in the top 6 at the start of the year in my opinion you are very deluded.. these players are good enough to play in the championship.. you can't just get rid of them after one season. They have all played a part.. sure to get in the play offs we need to improve the squad, but to label players "ueseless" and "clearly league 1 at best" is harsh...

I Wasn't debating the fact we need to make improvements.

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
Anks-F**k off
Brez-2nd choice if desperate
Jara- Broms Problem
Painter- Keep if desperate
Hoskins-Pre-Season to make a impact
Navarro-Release, Hes not awful but we need a bigger DM rather than 2 smaller ones
Mattock-Season Long Loan
Assulin-Season Long Loan
Harley-RID
Poke-No need for him here
Vokes-Season Long Loan if we can't get no one better

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
where did i say that...I was pointing out that these players ARE enough for this level as we are 8th in the championship... surely you didn't expect us to finish in the top 6 this season did you at the start??? as Poyet keeps explaining we don't have the budgets that match these other clubs in the top 6...

our supporters continually think we are better than reality.. take of the blue and white tinted glasses and look at the bigger picture... This season has been far past most expectations that people had at the start of the season. if you believed we would be in the top 6 at the start of the year in my opinion you are very deluded.. these players are good enough to play in the championship.. you can't just get rid of them after one season. They have all played a part.. sure to get in the play offs we need to improve the squad, but to label players "ueseless" and "clearly league 1 at best" is harsh...

I Wasn't debating the fact we need to make improvements.

I believed we would push for top 6 (I think I predicted 7th on the thread at the start of the season)- that is not deluded as it is still a possibility. We need to release players in order to bring in quality and free money for wages. In my opinion the squad is too large. We have a lot of "league 1" players who can "do a job" like Navarro/sparrow/dicker/vincelot/Harley I would prefer one player who is better than all 5 who could pull the strings in midfield. 2 players for each position and blood the development squad/ loan players should we have an injury crisis. These are all solid players but are not the kind of players that will allow us to push on next season. so get rid.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
he's been off form, he was good against reading, obviously out of position. But his first spell showed what he can do and i think he would be a very good championship player if he became a permanent member of the back 4.

I would say he was better against Reading but still not good enough, he will be after big wages and I don't think he is worth it

You are right in that he showed plenty in his first spell to show what talent he has, but it's his attitude and application I would question.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I would say he was better against Reading but still not good enough, he will be after big wages and I don't think he is worth it

You are right in that he showed plenty in his first spell to show what talent he has, but it's his attitude and application I would question.

i think being thrown half way across the country twice in about 2 months might have unsettled him a bit, which is why i think if he was settled into the city and the squad we could get the best out of him.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
i think being thrown half way across the country twice in about 2 months might have unsettled him a bit, which is why i think if he was settled into the city and the squad we could get the best out of him.

Come on he is meant to be a professional... He has shown poor control, passing and tackling. Can't use that as an excuse, no different for Mattock or Vokes.

He is a good player no doubt, but I'd pass on him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here