Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This may sound a little harsh but

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Who has Poyet actually signed for hard cash, with the exception of Greer that has proved their worth in this league? That would mean holding down a regular first team place, before everybody screams Buckley who 9 times out of 10 is always the first dropped...I wouldn't be rushing to give him my checkbook if I was Bloom.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
sell Noone - no end product & either build a team that plays to mcsmiths strengths or sell him and bring in a couple of old heads upfront

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Brezovan is so inconsistent it's untrue, surely even the most ardent Brezovan fan can see he's number two at best. Good post btw, agree, apart from Vincelot

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Who has Poyet actually signed for hard cash, with the exception of Greer that has proved their worth in this league? That would mean holding down a regular first team place, before everybody screams Buckley who 9 times out of 10 is always the first dropped...I wouldn't be rushing to give him my checkbook if I was Bloom.
Agreed although the most expensive players are obviously attackers,gus doesn't like attacking football as most warm the bench week in week out.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Brezovan is so inconsistent it's untrue, surely even the most ardent Brezovan fan can see he's number two at best. Good post btw, agree, apart from Vincelot

Brezovan consistently fucks up in the pressure games. Stoke/Liverpool and today spring to mind. Big games and he flaps. So in short you are never going to win anything with a keeper that can't handle the pressure. Get rid...

Feb 14, 2010
In order to reach the play offs next season we need to get rid of deadwood such as

Ankergren
Brezovan
Dicker
Navarro
Vincelot
Painter
Poke
Not loan back Reyes

And bring in players who've actually got a decent amount of experience in this league who aren't clumsy and slow and that'll fit into our style of play nicely.

Not harsh at all. Needs forwards that can score goals as well. Barnes and CMC dont look like scoring ever. We play great football in parts but we dont have a keeper, the full backs get caught in possession, and our forwards cant score goals.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Brezovan consistently fucks up in the pressure games. Stoke/Liverpool and today spring to mind. Big games and he flaps. So in short you are never going to win anything with a keeper that can't handle the pressure. Get rid...

Exactly. To be honest though Gus won't get rid of half of these players

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Chuck out Dicker, a player who has proved him self at this level and below so far, before a bad leg break.
Chuck out Navarro, one of our best players this season
Chuck out Vancelot who has proved him self a fantastic utility player playing across the back of the park with out major f*** up
Chuck out Brez/Anks, one of which would be a decent understudy to a lower prem/upper championship goalkeeper

:facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
sell Noone - no end product & either build a team that plays to mcsmiths strengths or sell him and bring in a couple of old heads upfront
I thought I would stand alone in saying, we should have cashed in on Noone, and if we still can, do so.

I thought he was the mutts @ the start of the season, then KLL showed what he should be doing.
From then on I realised not only was he a waste, but he was getting in the way of proper selections, KLL & WB.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Not since he came back for his second spell.. been woeful

he's been off form, he was good against reading, obviously out of position. But his first spell showed what he can do and i think he would be a very good championship player if he became a permanent member of the back 4.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Would move on Painter, Ankergren and Dicker personally. Maybe Sparrow and Harley too, they can still do a job but don't think they'll see enough action and they would probably prefer to look elsewhere for regular footy.

Navarro has been brilliant recently and deserves to be here next season. Brez good back up keeper, Poke is an unknown to me, Vincelot is also good back up. Reyes has the ability but hadn't quite shown it in his second spell. Would like to see him after a full pre season so would like to keep him if possible.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
briliant ... one heavy defeat to a team in 3rd in the league and all these players are "league 1 at best" or Aren't good enough for this level.

what absolute rubbish, in case you hadn't noticed, we are currently 8th in this league with these players that "arent good enough".... l I would suggest that the table and our points tally would indicate theyare good enough for this level. Hence being 8th in the league with these players.

As usual the players subjected to this crap are navarro, barnes painter etc etc... its an absolute disgrace that these people constantly write this crap.

This board is pathetic sometimes. One defeat and all of a sudden we are the worst team in the league, then next week when we win we are going to the champions league

These players are good enough, they have been good enough all season and are a credit to our club... When you have seen some the players we have had in the last 20 years, to call this, the best squad we have had in 20 years crap and useless andnot godd enough is just pathetic. sums up a lot of the muppets on this board.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In order to reach the play offs next season we need to get rid of deadwood such as

Ankergren
Brezovan
Dicker
Navarro
Vincelot
Painter
Poke
Not loan back Reyes

And bring in players who've actually got a decent amount of experience in this league who aren't clumsy and slow and that'll fit into our style of play nicely.

Disagree about Navarro, who's had some outstanding games for us, but would add:

Calderon (a fans & Gus's favourite because good going forward BUT HIS NO.1 JOB IS DEFENCE & HE CAN'T)
Harley
CMS

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

Ankergren
Brezovan
Dicker
Navarro
Vincelot
Painter
Poke
Not loan back Reyes

Would Keep Navs as a squad player and add Smith and Vokes to the get rid of list, Keeping Barnes as a squad player as he seems to play better coming on as sub

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
briliant ... one heavy defeat to a team in 3rd in the league and all these players are "league 1 at best" or Aren't good enough for this level.

what absolute rubbish, in case you hadn't noticed, we are currently 8th in this league with these players that "arent good enough".... l I would suggest that the table and our points tally would indicate theyare good enough for this level. Hence being 8th in the league with these players.

As usual the players subjected to this crap are navarro, barnes painter etc etc... its an absolute disgrace that these people constantly write this crap.

This board is pathetic sometimes. One defeat and all of a sudden we are the worst team in the league, then next week when we win we are going to the champions league

These players are good enough, they have been good enough all season and are a credit to our club... When you have seen some the players we have had in the last 20 years, to call this, the best squad we have had in 20 years crap and useless andnot godd enough is just pathetic. sums up a lot of the muppets on this board.

But we have 5x the money now and TB has made it plain we want the PL asap.

No room for sentiment or nostalgia about the amazing run Sept 10 to Mar 11. Hard decisions are required with our ambitions, and money.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Not that I think hes sh1t but if we could get 2.5m for CMS and reinvest in a different type of striker, also think 1m for Noone is a good price. Vincelot is a good squad player, maybe Navarro as well. Sell dicker 300K ?
Sell Harley if anyone would take hime 250K release others on the list. Give barnes 2yr contract but only as a squad player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here