Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This looks like it will be amazing - Prometheus Trailer

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This looks the absolute shit as the youngsters would say. John Carter has absolutely tanked taking $ 53 m dollars at the USA box office from a $ 250 budget. Anyone seen it ?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
This looks the absolute shit as the youngsters would say. John Carter has absolutely tanked taking $ 53 m dollars at the USA box office from a $ 250 budget. Anyone seen it ?

Highly doubt it will be absolute shit, but of course the genre doesn't appeal to everyone.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Alien fans will enjoy.Does look pretty decent and hope it is.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Love a good sci-fi, wonder where Ridley Scott got the idea? cough*Alien*cough

Well it was his, and Ripley (Weaver) wouldn't have been born for year/decades/centuries

In July 2009 20th Century Fox announced that Jon Spaihts had been hired to write a prequel to Alien, with Scott attached to direct. The script was subsequently re-worked by Scott and Damon Lindelof. Titled Prometheus, it went into production in May 2011, scheduled for theatrical release in June 2012. Scott released a statement: "While Alien was indeed the jumping-off point for this project, out of the creative process evolved a new, grand mythology and universe in which this original story takes place. The keen fan will recognize strands of Alien's DNA, so to speak, but the ideas tackled in this film are unique, large and provocative."

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Well it was his, and Ripley (Weaver) wouldn't have been born for year/decades/centuries

well yes but considering how she was brought back through all the other films i wouldn't be surprised if her great great great grandmother doesnt get a cameo.

This looks like the film of 2012 to me.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's all building up to be the genre film of the decade or a big pile of shit. I really hope it's the former; it has a good pedigree.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

Thing is, I saw the trailer of John Carter and thought "That could be good", then saw it was made by Disney and decided against it.

Has anyone seen it? Is it worth it?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'll be watching that at the Imax in Crawley. Of that there is no doubt.

Oh goodness yes. Ridley Scott does create some visually stunning movies - it'll be amazing in IMAX.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I've seen the trailer a few times at the Odeon. It definitely is on mine and my Missus next Film to watch list.

The trailer looks amazing on youtube on my home PC, so it must look incredible on the big screen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here