Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This looks like it will be amazing - Prometheus Trailer

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
This looks the absolute shit as the youngsters would say. John Carter has absolutely tanked taking $ 53 m dollars at the USA box office from a $ 250 budget. Anyone seen it ?

I saw it and was pleasantly supprised. Disney did put me of a bit but It kept me glued for over 2 hours. If you like sci-fi you will enjoy it, way better than cowboys and Aliens.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Thing is, I saw the trailer of John Carter and thought "That could be good", then saw it was made by Disney and decided against it.

Has anyone seen it? Is it worth it?

Yes and yes. Dont know if 3D adds much but yea I felt it was VFM.:)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Saw something this morning about them telling their shareholders they expect to lose $200m over John Carter. Ouch

Apart from a $250M budget they also splurged $100M on marketing. Worldwide box office is nearly $200M but Disney will only get $100M due to the revenue split. If they rake in more from BluRay and other media sales will Disney commit to a sequel ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Prometheus isn't an Alien prequel , its the beginning of a story arc which has links to the original quadrilogy.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
From what i understand the planet is LV 426 from the first Alien film & the story is that of how the derelict spaceship & the 'space jockey' got there in the first place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here