Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This KERFUFFLE surrounding the Delhi commonwealth games

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You don't have a point. You go off what you read on a website and what you saw on telly.
Fair enough, calling India "a dump" can sound ignorant.

But which of this are you going to argue against:

Their cities are characterised by pollution, vast poverty, awful traffic, shanty towns, rats everywhere, no sanitation, and horrendous corruption.

I know loads of people who have worked in India. Without exception I've heard the same story: interesting place to visit, but I really don't like living and working there.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I agree to a point but the guy is racist, his description of it as a dump comes from his prejudices not any real interest in the country or it's people.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The second I read this story, I immediately started wondering whatever this man's take on events might be...

Princephil2.jpg

Last edited:

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
My personal view is that the Commonwealth games in general has had its day-with
most sports having world ,continent and olympic championships,is being the champion of
the commonwealth really that consequential.

A billion dollars spent,50 dead ,ignored by many of the top athletes in the commonwealth
-maybe people will now realise the concept of the commonwealth games has run its course

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
India has some incredibly rich people. Mumbai has more millionaires living there than New York, with the cheap labour available to them, there's no reason they couldn't have done this properly.

Nariman Point is the most expensive office space in the world. Means f*** all as it is surrounded by utter utter shit holes.

people can pussy foot around it all you like as you have been conditioned not to criticise people with brown skin as part of this countrys coping mechanism with mass immigration, but a lot of indias problems are bought on by themselves. Hygene being one of them.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nariman Point is the most expensive office space in the world. Means f*** all as it is surrounded by utter utter shit holes.

people can pussy foot around it all you like as you have been conditioned not to criticise people with brown skin as part of this countrys coping mechanism with mass immigration, but a lot of indias problems are bought on by themselves. Hygene being one of them.
I do actually agree with this, personally.

Various apologists for India's appalling distribution of wealth, abject poverty, pollution, rife corruption and their dreadful cast system seem to point the finger at those nasty European imperialists, but the fact is that we left 100 years ago and most of their cities remain utterly revolting places to be in.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I do actually agree with this, personally.

Various apologists for India's appalling distribution of wealth, abject poverty, pollution, rife corruption and their dreadful cast system seem to point the finger at those nasty European imperialists, but the fact is that we left 100 years ago and most of their cities remain utterly revolting places to be in.

i love the place in spite of how vile it is, but just stop pooing in the street and life would be a lot more pleasant and far less people would die.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
i love the place in spite of how vile it is, but just stop pooing in the street and life would be a lot more pleasant and far less people would die.
Indeed. I'd have thought some proper sewage systems and basic sanitation upgrades should be a higher priority than spending 3% of GDP on defence.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Indeed. I'd have thought some proper sewage systems and basic sanitation upgrades should be a higher priority than spending 3% of GDP on defence.

now they are fighting the maoists too at home that goes un noticed by the rest of the world as it focuses on the kashmir fault line.

i think britains relationship with india (a lot of it very positive) makes us a lot less critical than other countries that view it more objectively. as a f***ing dump.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It will be OK they have bought in the heavy mob.

063527-child-labour-delhi.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here