Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This just in !

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
That guy is the biggest idiot ever... How many more excuses do they want? You are second by spending the most in the league. You spent one million on some fat useless donkey. You have more players in the team of the season, which only goes to show how much you have bottled it. You are pathetic. I hope you stay down. Sad wankers.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't get Harding's argument at all. And even if teams up their game by 10% or 20%, then why would they do it against Southampton and not us? A bigger stadium?

Effectively, he's saying Southampton have better players than Brighton. Except that it isn't the case. You'd have to be retarded to think playing a team undefeated at home 16 points clear of the team in second is going to be easier than playing Southampton.

And even if the opposition didn't try as hard against us they'd soon know after 5 minutes they need to give it their all to have any chance of winning.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think Harding may be having a flashback and is thinking he plays for Leeds

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Am I the only one who doesn't care about southampton? I don't care what hammond or harding or adkins or their supporters or south today, meridian or the papers say, I don't care that they get more coverage, they think they are a bigger club or will turn us over next season. I don't care what is said or written about the size of their crowds, their catchment area, the quaility of their play or the that they got 5 PFA players this year. I don't care! I could not give a flying @#*$. Palace are our rivals, they always are and always will be, southampton are just an annoying distraction.

Feb 14, 2010
Am I the only one who doesn't care about southampton? I don't care what hammond or harding or adkins or their supporters or south today, meridian or the papers say, I don't care that they get more coverage, they think they are a bigger club or will turn us over next season. I don't care what is said or written about the size of their crowds, their catchment area, the quaility of their play or the that they got 5 PFA players this year. I don't care! I could not give a flying @#*$. Palace are our rivals, they always are and always will be, southampton are just an annoying distraction.

Spot on. See the "Sven at Leicester" thread. Southampton who? They are as interesting as Reading and Leicester and that is not very interesting. they are not even remotely relevant to us, except to serve revenge for the 70s Spurs game, I will be glad when we leave them behind.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
and he owned a really stupid brown leather jacket which he never took off - cock.

Sergio Georgini?

article-1232010-0076D9361000044C-906_468x470.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No wonder Sheffield Wednesday have done so badly. If teams are raising their game 10-20% when they play SCC, it must be closer to 40% when they play an even bigger club like Wednesday.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
""Harding was one of five Saints players named in the division's team of the year last weekend, compared with just three from Brighton."" This pissed me off no end.

Still wondering how Harding got into the PFA team over Marcus Painter...
who would you rather have in the team

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
No wonder Sheffield Wednesday have done so badly. If teams are raising their game 10-20% when they play SCC, it must be closer to 40% when they play an even bigger club like Wednesday.

Oh silly me, there I was thinking that they were just crap.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
A poor excuse indeed.

One question though. Which game is bigger for you? Saturdays against us or the following weeks against Huddersfield?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A poor excuse indeed.

One question though. Which game is bigger for you? Saturdays against us or the following weeks against Huddersfield?
Southampton by mile, because you're a regional rival, well certainly compared to Huddersfield.

Your point sir?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Lets just hope we win tomorrow as if they go up we will never keep up with them as they will be playing on championship grass which makes them unstoppable.

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
due to my age, i only remember from the 90s onwards. and until gordon strachan came along, it was struggle after struggle that was usually only survived thanks to the sheer brilliance of matt le tissier

either way, dont think you can deny that most of league one isnt really that bothered about southampton in the same way that they were when leeds and forest first came into this league (with the exception of brighton!). id put the interest at around the same level of that as charlton. and if harding reckons that that causes teams to raise their game to an extra-human level, then he is seriously deluded

Well done Scott I do remember the 70s and 80s and the reason that Leeds and Forest had such a pull in league one was the impact of these clubs. Whereas Southampton were never anyones idea of a top team _deluded, absolutely... In reality they are just searching for reasons for their own ineptness this year?? Mates who supported Dagenham said that their fans were full of themselves and mouthing off about being champs back in Sept, I think its all a bit comical, and the 5 players from a team lagging so hopelesly behind the leaders is wonderful, it just shows how worthless these teams are, which is exactly what I think when I see that team every year (except the pros must know something we dont - yeah right!!)....

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
tougher ......the boys talking bollocks
does he not remember when we had
no ground
no players
no money
while Southampton were in the premier/first division

sour grapes

Feb 14, 2010
A poor excuse indeed.

Neither. You are both just another league club. We have to serve you up for your stitch up with spurs in the 70s but Saints are as relevant to us as Reading and Huddersfield as relevant to us as Bradford. Well except a few keyboard warriors who seem to be interested in your manager and club, which might be a generational thing. I however remember you at the "dingly dell", a ground smaller than the goldstone, when you were a small little club punching above your weight the other side of pompey and frankly sod all to do with us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here