Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This just in !

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I think he has a point? They are a bigger name, believe it or not, and teams will see they that have been far from unbeatable like we have this season, and if they had us and them in quick succession, I think they would be focusing more heavily on the Southampton game for a result.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
To be fair he did say

"They have had a fantastic season and all credit to them. They have done really well and deserve to be where they are," .

Its called towing the company line and every person across the land in professions of all types do it daily for their employers and the people that pay them. Its a crock of shit and he knows it but it keeps him in their good books.

This board has an issue with looking at the full story when saints are involved though.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
I think he has a point to be honest.

Everyone knew Southampton would be up there, and to a degree their reputation preceded them. Everyone expected us to be play-offs at best including us. But look at how we ripped apart teams in the early part of the season that just weren't expecting it (including us) but it got much harder later when they knew what they were coming up against.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Dan Harding is a prick. Met him at Brighton Racecourse all those years ago, and he wouldn't give me an autograph cos he was in the bar. Twat.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I think he has a point to be honest.

Everyone knew Southampton would be up there, and to a degree their reputation preceded them. Everyone expected us to be play-offs at best including us. But look at how we ripped apart teams in the early part of the season that just weren't expecting it (including us) but it got much harder later when they knew what they were coming up against.

That's another good point, teams underestimated us massively at the start of the season in a way they never would've southampton.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
and he owned a really stupid brown leather jacket which he never took off - cock.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
That's another good point, teams underestimated us massively at the start of the season in a way they never would've southampton.

I must admit I have underestimated Dan Harding.
I always thought he was a TWAT.

It seems he was a c u n t all along.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Did they?
Which teams?
Because I remember from September onwards teams coming to Withdean and putting everyone behind the ball playing for a point?

Gus talks a lot about a winning mentality, this comment from Harding clearly demonstrates that is another thing we have that Southampton don't. But I suppose we've always known he is a mental midget, from his time here and his many games against us.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah so teams would rather beat a sub standard Southampton team than beat the team that has been at the top of the table since September.

Twat

I wonder if the bigger than Southampton, Charlton and Sheffield Wednesday think the same, it would explain their shit seasons too?

Last edited:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
He's probably right to be fair, and he did give us credit and say that we deserve to be where we are.

But as per, people look for a reason to be offended when it comes to Southampton.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Yeah so teams would rather beat a sub standard Southampton team than beat the team that has been at the top of the table since September.

Twat

They are going to look at which they are more likely to take all 3 points front and put a bit more effort into it?

Twat

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
This. I actually dreamt last night that we HAMMERED them at Selhurst Park and I really think it could happen. It's what I've been waiting for all my life!*

*Though I see it's now £30 to sit in the luxury of the Arthur Sh*te stand. :facepalm:

it was last time we went there too I seem to believe ...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
""Harding was one of five Saints players named in the division's team of the year last weekend, compared with just three from Brighton."" This pissed me off no end.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Don't worry, be safe in the knowledge that you little rivalry will never be anywhere near as big as ours.
f*** me, you're boring. And you're still labouring under this misapprehension that you are a big club when in reality you're not that much bigger than us. Your biggest EVER gate at the Dell was only 31,000 FFS. We beat that comfortably a few times in division 3 as recently as the 70s.

Oh, and I too believe that Harding has a point. However, once we hit the top and opened up a lead we were there to be shot at, and yet nobody can turn us over at home. So his point only holds water for about half a season. If Southampton (& Sheff Wed) were the teams to beat in the first half of the season, then we were the scalp to be had in the second half. Look at the way plucky little Southampton threw the kitchen sink at us in front of their second biggest gate of the season (a midweek fixture) at St Marys and then cried about how we parked the bus (oh, and missed a penalty).

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I reckon that we had it tougher as we couldn't afford to pay a million pounds for one player, still, we don't need an excuse do we ?

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Does this mean we will up our game by 20% against Southampton then, like everyone else?

I hope so. Based on the difference between the two teams in the table.... +20%... we should looking at a 4-0 win then. Thanks Daniel!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
its hard, being shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here